Chapter 9: Of Flowers and Wedding Cakes

To Your Heart

 

Chapter 9: Of Flowers and Wedding Cakes

 

 

“Ahra Noona!” Kyuhyun wailed pitifully.


Ahra grinned smugly and replied,.” Yes Kyubaby?”




From your poodle boy?!” Kyuhyun protested.


“Seriously?! Are you for real?”




Ahra flipped hair away from her forehead,” But you are Sungminnie’s precious poodle boy, arent you?”





“Noona dont tease me!” Kyuhyun squawked.

Tossing her head backwards, Ahra walked towards the coffee table and poured out some freshly brewed coffee into a mug.




“I told you send the flowers I ordered to Sungmin’s office and write from

K-Y-U-H-Y-U-N.



Ahra admonished playfully,” But it’s the same thing right? Kyuhyun or poodle boy. It’s still you baby Kyu.”





“But but what if he thinks I’m weird or something?” Kyuhyun retorted as Ahra walked towards his office desk and proceeded to perch on top of the table.




Ahra giggled lightly and teased, ”Everyone knows you’re our weird cute squishy baby Kyu.”





“Nooona~” Kyuhyun yelled in protest.

“Where is Yesung hyung when you need him?” He mumbled under his breath.






Ahra took a small dainty sip of the coffee and answered thoughtfully,” He should be here soon.”



Truth be told, Ahra had pleaded Yesung to take the flowers to Sungmin’s office personally. She completely approved of Sungmin being together with her precious baby brother and knew that those two dense heads would go nowhere without her intervention.





A little push here and a little push there.

 

 

Oh how she loved being sneaky.


Ahra pledged to have ‘Operation bring Kyubaby and Sungminnie together’ as her life’s motto and of course she would push her beloved fiance into her evil schemes.





So Yesung had been sent off with the flowers to Sungmin’s office, armed with a special megapixel camera so that Ahra could squeal about Sungmin’s reactions later at home.


If Sungmin was going to marry Kyuhyun eventually, which she was dead sure would happen, she had to start making preparations for her ultimate video diary.






“So Kyubaby, you’re accompanying me and Yesung on Sunday to choose the Wedding Cake, right?”




Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows together and looked up from the screen of the computer.


“And why exactly should I accompany you guys? Go alone, and spend some quality time or something like that.” Kyuhyun mumbled.







Ahra clucked her tongue playfully,”If you wont be there then who will accompany your precious little carrot boy?”




“Sungmin is going to be there?!” Kyuhyun spluttered out, not even realising that Ahra called Sungmin his ‘precious little carrot boy’.






Ahra snickered,”Of course baby Kyu. Sungminnie is gonna help us out.. He’s such a marvelous patissier. Yesung and I would love to have him guide us.”




”Oh I see.” Kyuhyun responded lightly before gluing his eyes back to the computer screen.







Ahra huffed at the lack of enthusiasm and exclaimed,” Come on, Kyuhyunnie. Accompany us?”




“What? No!”





Ahra pouted at Kyuhyun’s immediate rejection. Oh what to do?



Her lips curved into a one sided smile.




“I’ve gotta leave now, Kyuhyun-ah. See you tonight at dinner.” Ahra grinned while getting off Kyuhyun’s desk.



“Whatever.” Kyuhyun mumbled while typing away furiously into the computer.


 



Pfft. Such a workaholic. Ahra thought in distaste as she kept the empty mug of coffee onto the table while gathering her purse. She grinned as she received a text message from Yesung.
 



An image of Sungmin holding the boutonniere of flowers close to his chest with a gorgeous smile etched over his bow-shaped lips.
 

 


Mission successful~

 


 

✧    ✧    ✧ 

 

 



Sungmin sighed tiredly as he loosened his tie and flung himself over the couch. He was supposed to meet up with Ahra and her fiance the following Sunday morning when he rather prefered to sleep in.
 



But he couldnt say no to Ahra Noona at all. Noone could, to be honest.



His eyes landed on the boutonniere of white roses and a small smile spread across his lips.


 




Not even in his wildest dreams, Sungmin could think of Kyuhyun doing something so sweet and almost loving. He forced himself up with his elbows and strode towards the table where the pretty roses were resting on.


He gathered them into his arms and climbed upstairs to his bedroom.



 

 


“Hyung, they’re so pretty. Who gave them to you?” Sungjin chirped energetically.



“Sungjin-ah dont crush my roses.” Sungmin protested while protecting the boutonniere of roses from his baby brother’s reach.



 

 


Sungjin smiled sheepishly and followed Sungmin into the bedroom.


“Kyuhyun-ah sent these. Arent they pretty?” Sungmin murmured softly while placing the roses into a crystal vase carefully.



 


Sungjin narrowed his eyes,”Cho Kyuhyun? That gave them to you? Then they deserve to be crushed.”



Sungmin reprimanded,”Now now, Jin. He isnt as bad as you think he is.”


 

 

 


Sungjin puffed up his cheeks in distaste and remarked,”From your poodle boy? What the is that?”



Sungmin snatched away the note from his disgusted brother’s palm and scolded,” No cussing, Lee Sungjin.”





“But hyung.” Sungjin whined as his eyes followed his elder brother filling up the crystal vase with water from the bathroom.


 


“No buts... Now let hyung rest for the night. I have to be up early tomorrow morning.” Sungmin exclaimed while settling the crystal vase gently on the bedside table.



”Can I come along too?” Sungjin asked innocently.


 

 




Sungmin scoffed,”What for? To eat cake?”

“No! To keep my lovely hyung company of course.” Came the immediate response.

 

 

 

...Pffft
 



“I know you greedy. You cannot come along.”Sungmin scolded.


Sungjin simply put out his tongue at his hyung and mumbled,”Meanie bully!”


 



“Bully? Yah Jin come back here you brat!” Sungmin yelled as his baby brother scuttled out of the room in hurry.





Sungmin shook his head in amusement and turned towards the crystal vase holding the white roses. He crouched down and took a deep whiff at the marvelous fragrance.

The roses were just so pretty.

 

 

 

✧  ✧  ✧ 




“Kyubaby. Come here quickly! Yesung fell into a a flour pit and cannot get out!” Ahra exclaimed to herself while looking at her reflection in the mirror.



“Nah. Kyuhyun would not fall for that!” She thought sadly.


 



Ahra was debating about how to convince her baby brother to accompany them to choose her Wedding Cake.
 

 


“Cho Kyuhyun. Come here, my water broke!” She cried while widening her eyes in pretend horror.

 



Oh wait. She wasnt pregnant in the first place.

That had to be ruled out too. Sigh~

 





“Kyubaby, Sungmin fell into a bowl of vanilla icing and wants you to him clean!” She exclaimed and then facepalmed at just how comical that sounded.


“No Ahra, think of something very convincing!” Ahra scolded herself.


 




Another one sided smile.



There. She got it.

 

 




Kyuhyun was engrossed with reading the morning newspaper and munching on a small piece of buttered toast. He had been receiving pleading eyes and whimpers from Ahra the entire morning but to no avail.


There was no way he was going to spend his Sunday helping Noona, Yesung and Sung- to choose the Wedding Cake.

 

 



He muttered fiercely,”I absolutely dont want to meet Sungmin after that embarrassing note.”




The silence in the room was ruined by the incoming call on his cellphone.

“Dammit noona.” Kyuhyun mumbled while putting down the buttered toast with a sigh.


 



“Kyubaby!” Ahra wailed.


Kyuhyun sat up straight on his seat.

 




“What is it Noona?” Kyuhyun asked softly.


 



“Yesung is having an reaction!” Ahra cried.


 

 


“What?!” Kyuhyun yelled.



“You guys stay right there.. I’m coming to get you.” Kyuhyun instructed while swinging on a black jacket over his shoulders and grabbing the keys to his Audi.




“Hurry up, Kyuhyun. I need you here!” Ahra sobbed before disconnecting the call.



Another onesided smile.



Ahra glanced at her darling fiance and mouthed,”Mission Accomplished.



Sneaky.



Yesung remarked,”So Sungmin, what do you think about this design?”



Sungmin glanced at the cake design Yesung was pointing to enthusiastically and chewed on his bottom lip in hesitation.


Now how was he supposed to react to a bright orange cake with green icing coated on the top?



 

 


Sungmin sighed,” Hyung, Im not too sure abou-”





“Yesunggie, what are you doing?” Ahra whined while latching her arms around her clueless fiance staring at the orange cake design.



Yesung mumbled sadly,”You dont like it?”





Sungmin resisted the urge to laugh as Ahra shot her fiance a disgusted look.

 

 



“Ahra Noona, that one seems nice.” Sungmin remarked while pointing towards an exquisitely decorated cake with white vanilla icing.


Ahra squealed,”See Yesunggie, now that’s what you call a perfect cake!”





Ahra put her arm into Sungmin’s and tugged him forwards while chattering merrily,”I knew it was a smart idea to have you onboard. Yesung is no help at all.”




Sungmin smiled softly at Ahra’s excitement.



A petite young woman with a blue apron around her waist emerged from the kitchen and exclaimed,”Hello! I’m Nari. How may I help you?”



Ahra eyed the woman slowly and squeaked,”Yesung and I are getting married! And we’re here to choose our Wedding Cake!”




Nari giggled softly at Ahra’s enthusiasm,”Pleasure to meet you! Thank you for choosing ShinNari Wedding Cakes.”




“Of course! You guys are the best in town.” Ahra chirped.



 


The door of the cake studio burst open, revealing a panting Kyuhyun,”Noona. Im here, Im here!”



Ahra turned towards her sweating baby brother and exclaimed,”Why hello, baby Kyu.”



 

 



Kyuhyun glanced around the cake studio while exhaling deeply,”Where is Yesung hyung?”


Yesung cried,”Kyuhyun! Fancy seeing you here.”


 



“But but.” Kyuhyun stammered trying to avoid looking at the figure standing beside Ahra.


Deep brown searing eyes, made him tingle pleasantly.


 

 



Ahra smiled smugly,”But what, Kyubaby? Everything is fine.”



Kyuhyun growled,”Ahra Noona!”



 


Ahra simply brushed him off,”Since you’re already here, why dont you stay huh?”


Kyuhyun protested,”Noona, I cant.”


 

 



“Yesung is going to take us out for lunch later and Im sure Sungminnie would love to have you with us, right Sungmin-ah?” Ahra turned towards Sungmin and asked sweetly.




Sungmin swallowed slightly before murmuring softly,”Please stay, Kyuhyun.”




~tbc





 


 

~95anichan <3