Chapter 17: Yongduam Rocks

To Your Heart

 


 

Chapter 17: Yongduam Rocks

 

“I don’t see why do Kyu hyung and Jongjinnie get their own rooms while we have to share.” Sungjin whined as he plopped down the king sized bed with huff. 


Sungmin simply shook his head at his younger brother’s childishness and commented,”We were the last ones here and come on Jinnie, Kyuhyun and Jongjin are the direct family of the bride and groom! And don’t tell me you don’t wanna room with your hyung.” 

 

 

Sungjin buried his face into the pillow with his sticking up in the air as he mumbled,”Well it has been many years since we shared rooms. But hyung, if you snore at night, I swear I’ll kick your .”

 

 

“Excuse me?”

 

 


Sungmin stared at the younger incredulously putting his hand onto his hip and exclaimed,”I snore?! You should have heard yourself in the car earlier. You sound like a grizzly bear!”

 

“I do not!” 

 

 


“Yes you do Jin. We have three witnesses.” Sungmin stated as a matter of fact as he marched towards the bed and slapped Sungjin’s .”Now unpack your clothes and dress up for bed. We’re going sightseeing tomorrow and we should go to bed early.”

 


“I do not snore.” Sungjin insisted while gathering his pajamas.

 


“And don’t you dare tease me when you were being all so chummy with Kyuhyun hyung! You were practically resting on his chest with his arms were wrapped all around your waist.” 

 

“.....I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Sungmin mumbled quietly.

 

 


“It’s scarring for my innocent eyes to see his one and only hyung being so cuddly wuddly with a man. God knows what would have happened if I hadn’t woken you up. You would have probably ended face planting onto his lap.” Sungjin giggled before rushing inside the bathroom, narrowly missing the incoming pillow flung by an enraged and very embarrassed Sungmin.

 

 


“You cannot hold that against me, you brat!” Sungmin shouted at the firmly closed door, huffing out at Sungjin giggling at the other side.


He plopped onto the bed and sighed. Sungmin hadn’t even realized that he had been resting on Kyuhyun the entire while, now that he thought about it the steady thudding he’d felt in his sleep was Kyuhyun’s heart beating. 

 

 

He covered his face in embarrassment and groaned; it seemed like in his sleepy state he hadn’t really realized their positon at all. 

Good lord, it was fortunate that Kyuhyun was still fast asleep when he had woken up, for he would have preferred to jump off a cliff than face Kyuhyun after that humiliating episode.

 


“Hyung stop day dreaming about Kyuhyun and hurry, I wanna sleep.” Sungjin’s bratty voice cut through his train of thoughts, as he emerged from the bathroom while ruffling his hair dry with a towel.


Sungmin shoved his younger brother towards the bed and stormed into the bathroom. Sungjin just stared at his hyung’s red ears; a tell-a-tale sign that Sungmin had been thinking about Kyuhyun and was embarrassed to be caught in the act.

 

 


He plopped down on the bed, giggling as the soft material bounced underneath his as he pulled out his cellphone from the pockets of his pajamas and plugged it into the charger. He waited for a couple of seconds for his phone to switch on and then texted his boyfriend at a furious pace.

 


You did save that picture from earlier right, Jongjinnie?

 

 


Sure babe.

 


Sungjin cackled as his boyfriend texted him back with a picture attachment. He bit on his bow-shaped lips; trying to stifle the peals of laughter that threatened to escape as he waited for the attachment to get downloaded. 


“AHA!” He whooped excitedly as the picture finally loaded onto his screen.

 


“Sungjin?” 

 

Sungmin’s muffled voice came from the interiors of the bathroom, Sungjin shouted out quickly,”It’s nothing, Min hyung. I just killed a mosquito, that’s all.”

 

The last thing he needed was for his elder brother to find out his little secret already. No way, Sungjin had plans to keep the picture as hostage for future references.

 Especially when the said picture consisted of Kyuhyun having his arms wrapped around Sungmin’s waist snugly with his hyung resting his head onto Kyuhyun’s chest, in deep sleep.

 

 

 


A picture that he had Jongjin click minutes before he’d woken up Sungmin. And a picture that meant a thousand times of him getting his own way.

 

He texted his boyfriend quickly, writing out a small goodnight message before diving into his bed- not a second too late! For Sungmin chose to come out of the bathroom door that very next second. 

 


“Huh.” Sungmin mumbled seeing his brother sleeping peacefully while the latter had just yelled out a couple of minutes ago. Weird. 

 

Sungmin shrugged and switched off the lights, only to roll his eyes as Sungjin giggled out of the blue, “Whatever mischief you’re up to. I’ll find out soon enough.” He remarked suspiciously, successfully shutting up the younger boy.


~*~*~

 

The next morning, Sungmin found himself in a fix: how to wake up his younger brother.

“Sungjin-ah, you better get up this instant or else I shall call mom and say that Kyuhyun and I won’t chaperon you and Jongjin today.” Sungmin scolded exasperatedly.

 

“No hyung no!” Sungjin shrieked and jumped off the bed with a huge leap and ran into the bathroom before could Sungmin even blink. 

He’d been trying for twenty minutes already to get Sungjin out of the bed, and it was hardly five minutes since the boy had woken up that he was panting by the door step, completely dressed for the day. Looked like his little brother really wanted to go sightseeing.

 

 

“Hyung can we go to the Teddy Bear Museum first.” Sungjin whined as they made way to the restaurant where Kyuhyun, Jongjin and themselves had planned to meet. “I can’t understand why in the world are you so caught up with some plushy museum.”

 

“You’re kidding right? There are so many teddy bears in the get up of Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe and and and-”

 

“Alright alright, I believe you. ” Sungmin laughed as they met Jongjin by the breakfast buffet. 

 


“Jinn!” Jongjin waved them over excitedly not before stuffing his face with a croissant. Sungmin stared at the overflowing plate full of the bakery foods in Jongjin’s arms and wondered whether that time his brother had asked him to bake a basket of croissants and bread rolls were meant for Jongjin. 

 

“Hey Sungmin hyung! Did you guys sleep well?” Jongjin nodded politely. 

 

“I would have if someone hadn’t snored.” Sungmin side eyed his brother who stared open mouth at the waffle and pancakes counter. “What?! I do not snore, Jongjin tell Min hyung, I don’t snore!”

 


“I would if it were true.” Jongjin shrugging as Sungjin hit his shoulder angrily. “But you were so cute, Sungjin-ah.” 

 


“See we have a witness right there. And when Kyuhyun comes in, he’ll say the same thing, Jin. ” Sungmin laughed as the two boys squabbled.

 


“One portion of waffles with syrup- no butter and a mug of black coffee please.” Sungmin gave his order to the waitress politely.

 

“Make that two portions.” Kyuhyun panted and sank into the seat beside Sungmin as the waitress nodded and left to get their orders ready.

“Kyuhyun!” Sungmin exclaimed surprised, frowning at the man’s disheveled appearance. 

 


 “Uhm, Good morning.”

 

“Did you oversleep or something?” Sungmin asked while raising his fingers to Kyuhyun’s forehead and combing back the hair neatly with his fingers. This poodle boy.

 


“Well sorta.... but I have a perfect explanation for it!” Kyuhyun protested while smoothening down his polo shirt. It was the first time Sungmin had seen Kyuhyun dressed so casually, for the workaholic male was always dressed smartly in business suits. And he wouldn’t deny that Kyuhyun looked absolutely handsome in casual wear and denims.

 


Sungmin rolled his eyes and guessed, “Did you stay up late doing business work?” 

 

“But they were important, Sungmin! I had to make sure that Zhou Mi didn’t make any mistakes while I was on leave.” said Kyuhyun as he spread out the table napkin over his lap while the waitress placed the plates of delicious waffles and cups of steaming hot coffee on the table.

 


“These are absolutely marvelous.” Kyuhyun cried as the first bite of waffles coated with syrup melted into his mouth, the slight essence of vanilla and cinnamon doing wonders to his tastebuds. 


Sungmin shot him an amused smile before speaking, “I did always prefer waffles to pancakes.” 


“Well you’re completely right. I want seconds.” Kyuhyun declared before wolfing down the rest of the meal in a matter of seconds.

 

~*~*~

 

“We shall first drive to the Yongduam Rocks, visit the Teddy Bear Museum, have a lunch out and then head back straight to the hotel for the dance rehearsals, right boys?” Sungmin asked while buckling his seatbelt securely over his chest. 

 


With Kyuhyun at the wheel, and Sungjin-Jongjin at the backseat, Sungmin chose to ride shotgun- and since Kyuhyun and himself were in charge of chaperoning the kids, he didn’t want to get themselves lost thus he had a road map of Jeju Islands spread over his lap. 

 


“Kyuhyun-ah, take a left at the next fork.” Sungmin advised while tracing a finger carefully on the paper- trying to see the easiest and fastest way possible to reach Yongduam Rocks. 


“Do you guys know the legend behind the Yongduam Rocks?” Kyuhyun asked steering the wheel smoothly. 

 

 

“What legend hyung?” Jongjin asked curiously. 

 


“Legend has it that a dragon stole a elixir of immortality from the Gods.” Kyuhyun spoke as the remaining three listened to him intently.


“The Gods got so enraged that the dragon was shot down by an arrow and it crashed into the sea. The only thing that remained was the dragon’s head peeking out of the waters that apparently turned to stone and thus the Yongduam Rocks came to living.” 

 


“Woah that’s kinda amazing.” Sungjin mumbled under his breath as Jongjin nodded his head in agreement. 


“And also there’s this other legend that the wind and seas shaped the rock to what it looks like but that’s not as fun right?” Kyuhyun laughed.

 

 

Half an hour later, the quartet soon reached closer to the place- all thanks to Sungmin’s precise directions and Kyuhyun’s driving.“We’re here, we’re here!” Sungjin chanted at the top of his voice while pressing his nose to the window of the car excitedly. 


“Now you two boys, don’t run away the moment the car stops, alright? These rocks are very steep and I don’t want any one of you to tumble down and crack your skull.” Sungmin spoke warningly.

 


Sungjin pouted and sunk into the seat as Jongjin responded, “Yes hyung.” 

 


“Sungjinnie?” 

 

 

“Ugh fine fine, we won’t rush off, Jeez Min hyung you’re just like mom.” Sungjin grumbled.


Sungmin frowned as they all descended from the car. He pointed out,”You do have a weak ankle, Jin. A small twist could give you a sprain and you don’t want to spend the rest of this holiday cooped up in the hotel room nursing your foot do you?”


“Yes hyung. I’ll be careful. ” Sungjin mumbled meekly before intertwining his fingers with Jongjin’s and walking forward.

 


There were many tourists climbing their way down the steep rocky steps to get a better view of the spectacular coastline, with the clear waters surrounding the rocks- it was indeed a beautiful sight to see. 

 


“You worry about him so much.” Kyuhyun commented as he walked in step with Sungmin while the two boys walked ahead of them. 

“I try not to but Sungjin is a baby and he’s quite a troublemaker.” Sungmin smiled looking fondly at the squabbling boys a couple of meters from them.

 

With their shoulders occasionally brushing against each other, the two walked in silence- basking in the glorious sight of the landscape below.

“It’s pretty cold here.” Kyuhyun spoke rubbing his palms together as the wind steadily blew over them. Sungmin simply hummed in response and climbed down the rocky steps.

 

 

“Okay stop stop, let’s take a selca.” Sungjin shouted turning around quickly as Jongjin fished out a digital camera from his pockets. ing the camera into Kyuhyun’s hands, Jongjin held Sungjin close as the two posed cutely for a selca with the Yongduam Rocks peeking out of the blue seas as the perfect background. 


“Now its your turn.” 

 


“Wait what?!” Sungmin protested as Sungjin pushed him towards Kyuhyun while Jongjin snatched the camera from Kyuhyun’ hands. 

 

“Hyungs quit being a wet duck and just take a picture.” Sungjin yelled silencing the rest of Sungmin’s protests. Sighing as he stepped closer to Kyuhyun, Sungmin awkwardly smiled at the camera.


“Sungmin-ah smile.” Kyuhyun whispered against his earlobe as he wrapped his arm around Sungmin’s shoulders and pulled him closer to his chest. Sungmin gasped and his eyes widened as the camera captured the picture.

He pushed Kyuhyun away from himself and whispered harshly,”What the hell Kyuhyun?! You surprised me!”

 

 

“I was just messin-” 

 

 

Sungmin huffed out before stalking ahead leaving a gaping Kyuhyun behind. “Uh-oh Kyu hyung, looks like you’re in trouble.” Jongjin stated as Sungjin snickered while Kyuhyun stared wordlessly at Sungmin walking up the steps rapidly.

 

Sungmin couldn’t explain why he was feeling so caught up with something so small- he knew that he felt annoyed because his heart fluttered lightly at Kyuhyun’s gesture and he didn’t want to admit it. All of this was just supposed to be a farce- pulling wool over their parent's eyes so that they could get what they want. But why did it feel like this was going in a completely different direction?

 

He hated change, really. And now here was Kyuhyun sweeping into his life and make him feel the emotions that he had been locking into his heart all those years. 

 


Sungmin was no fool, he knew that it would just be in enough time that he would be feeling something more for the younger man. And the thought that he might be the only one feeling this way and getting hurt in the end, scared him. So he did what he had been doing all his life, fleeing from his emotions.

 

Caught up raging in his thoughts Sungmin’s foot slipped off the rocky steps and he shrieked as he lost his balance. 

 

He expected himself to tumble down to the bottom of the steps and crack open his skull when a pair of warm hands wrapped around his waist and a voice murmured softly.

 

 

”Gotcha.”

 


“K-kyuhyun.” Sungmin breathed out in relief as he clung onto Kyuhyun’s arms as the latter steadied him back onto the steps securely. 

 


“Are you alright?” Kyuhyun asked anxiously as Sungmin clutched his chest taking in deep breaths- he had thought he was a goner, falling from the top of the rocky stairs was a dead shot to broken bones after all.

 

“Hyung, Sungmin hyung! Are you okay?!” Sungjin shouted worriedly as he and Jongjin jogged up the stairs while Kyuhyun removed his arms around Sungmin’s waist. 


Sungmin’s knees immediately buckled without the support. “Woah woah. Let’s get you down to sit.” Kyuhyun spoke quickly holding Sungmin’s hand and leading him to sit on the rocky steps. “My legs feel jelly-like.” Sungmin mumbled in a daze.

 

 


“Hyung you told me to be careful and what about yourself huh? So careless, what would have happened if Kyuhyun wasn’t here?! You would have fallen down so many steps.” Sungjin scolded as Sungmin listened meekly. 

 

“I’m sorry.” 

 


“Drink this.” Jongjin placed a small bottle of orange juice into Sungmin’s hand as Sungjin procceed to scold his elder brother. Sungjin had been scared out of his wits seeing his elder brother almost close to falling, the thought of loosing him... was so frightful and he felt so glad that nothing had happened.

Kyuhyun, Sungjin and Jongjin eyed Sungmin in worry as the latter uncapped the bottle and slowly drank all of it’s contents.

 

Sungmin his lips and said with a small smile,”So who’s up for the Teddy Bear Museum?” 

 


Kyuhyun facepalmed.

 

 

~*~*~

 


Fortunately there were only five more steps to climb so accompanied by a nagging Sungjin, Sungmin made way slowly up the steps closely followed by Kyuhyun with Jongjin tagging along clicking pictures of the pictorial landscape. “You guys get into the car, I’ll be right back.” Kyuhyun handed the car keys to Sungmin before jogging away hurriedly.  

 

 

Sungmin sighed softly, rubbing his temple while the two boys had their cheeks squished together peering down the camera screen on the backseat of the car- looking at the pictures from that morning. Not even a couple of minutes had passed by when Kyuhyun came back holding a small bag in his arms. 

 

 

He got into the car quickly and handed Sungmin the bag as he buckled his seatbelt securely,” I’ve heard that vanilla ice cream sandwiches are extremely popular in this place, so I decided to buy some.”

 

Sungmin dug into the bag and brought out the neatly packed ice cream sandwiches as Sungjin whooped in excitement. He took out two before passing out the tiny packets to the two boys at the backseat. Sungmin turned towards Kyuhyun and offered one sandwich and then said softly,”Kyuhyun, I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking properly earlier. I.... was too rash.”

 


Kyuhyun gladly took an ice cream sandwich from Sungmin’s hands and spoke,” Nah, it’s alright I mean to say we do have a 'no skinship thing' going on in our deal, don’t we?” He chuckled as Sungmin cracked a smile.

 

 

He had indeed been stupid.

 

          ....Kyuhyun wouldn't hurt him. 

 

 

Sungmin felt his heart feel lighter at the thought and he unwrapped the ice cream sandwich slowly, smiling as Kyuhyun moaned at it's delicious taste beside him.

 

 

Whatever happens.

 

        It would turn out fine in the end.

 

And if it didn't.... it wouldn't be the end.

 

 


[A/N]

A whirlwind of emotions- finally something regarding Sungmin's feelings... things will be escalating now! 

 

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you will take a couple of minutes of your time to leave me a comment ^-^ I'll be looking forward to hearing from you :*

 

Do upvote if you liked reading~^^