Chapter 16: The Young and the Hopeless.

To Your Heart

This update is dedicated to you. The one who's reading  hihihihi I hope you like reading it ~(^з^)-☆

 


Chapter 16: The Young and the Hopeless.

 

 

“Please remember to take all of your belongings before disembarking.”

 


Sungjin squirmed in his seat impatiently as the flight attendants bid goodbye to some of the passengers while the other few fiddled with their cabin luggage from the compartments above. 


“Here you go.” Kyuhyun spoke as he handed Sungjin his precious backpack before stretching up to gather rest of their belongings from the storage.

 

 

Kyuhyun gently placed Sungmin’s bag onto his lap, earning a surprised squeak from the said male who previously had his nose buried in his cellphone. Sungmin clutched the bag and said gratefully, “Aww Kyuhyun you didn’t have to!” 

 

Kyuhyun smiled and simply said,” Let’s get going? “

 


“Finally!” Sungjin whooped and stood up, stepping on Sungmin’s toes and almost elbowing Kyuhyun in the stomach in his hurry to get down from the plane. Kyuhyun frowned as Sungjin rushed towards the entrance of the airplane.

 

 

“Jin, wait up!” Sungmin half-yelled after his younger brother but sighed as the teen was already out of earshot.

 

“He’s not really so obnoxious, I swear.” Sungmin spoke hastily while following Kyuhyun down the aisle. As the flight attendants greeted them, he went on to explain,” He’s always been impatient and doesn’t really like traveling by air. “ 


“Nah, it’s fine. “ Kyuhyun answered seeing Sungmin looking apologetically at him. “Teens are always the impatient sorts after all. “ He chuckled while leading Sungmin into the airport. 

 

 

As the two stood by the conveyor belt waiting for their suitcases, Sungmin turned towards Kyuhyun and asked casually,” Impatient sorts, huh? “


“Uhm I hadn’t really been the most even-tempered person around.” Hee admitted earning a scoff from Sungmin. 

 

 


“I think I have seen a good display of that.”Sungmin muttered icily as he hauled his suitcase from the conveyor belt into the luggage trolley.

 

“Sungmin you know I’m sorry about that.” Kyuhyun said catching hold of Sungmin’s elbow and turning the shorter male towards him.

 

 

He looked into Sungmin’s eyes woefully, begging for forgiveness.


“Aw Kyuhyun-ah you’re so cute. I was just teasing you. ” Sungmin laughed elbowing Kyuhyun’s stomach earning a huff from the male.

 

“You! You really had me worried for a second.” Kyuhyun exclaimed in disbelief  while massaging his stomach slowly. Sungmin shot him a cheeky smile before hauling Sungjin’s suitcase onto the trolley.

 


“There, Sungjin-ah your suitcase is here.”

 

“Wait. Where did Sungjin go?” Sungmin’s eyes widened as he failed to spot his brother any where. 


Kyuhyun craned his neck as his eyes glanced across the interiors of the airport, “He was right here beside us, Sungmin.”

 


“Damn it Jin.” 

 


“Sungmin, you should go look for him. I’ll wait for my suitcase and meet you at the exit of the airport, alright?” Kyuhyun spoke reassuringly while taking the trolley from Sungmin’s grasp.


Nodding quickly, Sungmin took off- pressing his phone to his ear, hoping that Sungjin would pick up the phone.

 

 

“Oh boy.” Kyuhyun muttered as he perched his elbows onto the trolley and waited by the conveyor belts as his eyes trailed behind Sungmin’s hurrying form.


Hardly two minutes had passed when Sungjin chirped,”Hey Kyuhyun hyung, where’s Min hyung?”

 

 


Kyuhyun spluttered out,” Sungjin where did you go?! “

 

“I went to the the Gents.” Sungjin stated as a matter of fact.

 


“Your brother.. he went to search for you!”Kyuhyun exclaimed.

 


“Ow really?” 

 


Kyuhyun suddenly spotted his suitcase on the conveyor belt and stretched to grab it while speaking,” Yeah it was only a couple of minutes ago that he went in search for you. It’s quite funny actually now that you think-”

 

He turned around suddenly when there was no one behind him and Kyuhyun yelled,”For the love of God!”

 


Looked like Sungjin had run off again to find his brother.

 

 


He grumbled and perched his elbows onto the trolley; Kyuhyun didn’t want to leave the spot in case one of the Lee brothers decided to come back and find him missing. That would only muddle the situation even more.

And as expected a worried Sungmin turned up minutes later, looking quite distraught,” Kyuhyun he isn’t picking up the phone.”

 


Kyuhyun started explaining slowly,”It’s all very amusing you see, Sungjin he just turned up just minutes after you left and then- “

 


“And then what?” 

 


“He disappeared again to look for you.”

 


“Oh God.” Sungmin mumbled and turned back to look for Sungjin when he was tugged backwards by Kyuhyun.


Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s wrist gently and said,”You should just wait here. Sungjin will come back to us eventually.”

 

 

“You don’t know -” 

 


Kyuhyun squeezed Sungmin’s hand comfortingly,” Give him a little credit, Sungmin-ah. He’ll be back.” 

 

 

“But-”

 

 


“I don’t want you two to have a wild goose chase all around the airport.” Kyuhyun spoke as Sungmin sighed resignedly and nodded while standing beside Kyuhyun, fidgeting with his phone.


“You twiddle your thumbs when you’re nervous.” Kyuhyun stated.

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

“I noticed that about you. You do that when you’re anxious."

 

 

"Sungmin you need to relax. Your brother is old enough to take care of himself.” Kyuhyun reassured him soothingly. 


“He behaves like a monkey half of the time, it makes me wonder.” Sungmin mumbled under his breath earning an amused look from Kyuhyun. 

 

 


And as expected two minutes later Sungjin ran up to them with his breath falling short in pants,”Hyung!”


“You idiot.” Sungmin chided him and took a very sheepish Sungjin’s elbow, leading them towards the exit with Kyuhyun trailing beside them, pushing the trolley behind. 


They were met with a very cheeky looking Jongjin, who waved frantically as soon as he spotted them,”Jin!” 

 

 

“Jongjin-ah!” Sungjin whooped and after earning a nod of approval from Sungmin, he raced to meet his boyfriend. He had received an earful from Sungmin for running without telling anyone and the last thing he needed was to enrage his brother even more.

 

Sungjin wrapped his arms around Jongjin’s waist and hugged him tightly,” I missed you.”

 

Sungmin cleared his throat as he and Kyuhyun reached the couple, the two separated shyly and Jongjin ran to open the trunk of the car to stash away the suitcases. 

 

“I call shotgun!” Sungjin yelled and scrambled to the handle of the door hurriedly, leaving Sungmin to follow Kyuhyun to the back seat of the car. 

 

 

 

After helping Sungjin with his seatbelt, Jongjin started the ignition and the quartet set off to the resort where the wedding was gonna take place.


Jongjin adjusted his shades and remarked while stepping down the accelerator ,”You guys might wanna get some rest, it’ll take us an hour and a half to reach the hotel.”

 

 

About twenty minutes had passed by that consisted of excited exchanges between Sungjin and Jongjin, seeing each other after almost a week and all. Kyuhyun was texting furiously to Zhou Mi, sending him an e-mail filled with instructions on how to handle the business meetings and the clients for the week he had taken off. 

 

Kyuhyun was quite skeptical about leaving all responsibilities to Zhou Mi.. It had been five years since he’d joined his father’s sub- company; and he worked himself upto the position he possessed right now. Absolutely not allowing people to question his credibility- that he was the C.E.O of the company just because he was his father’s son.

 

 

He had just finished pressing send when a light weight fell onto his shoulders, he jumped and turned slowly to see Sungmin resting against him in deep sleep. 

 

As much as Kyuhyun didn’t want to admit it, having someone leaning on your shoulders was one of the most comforting things he’d experienced. 

 

He slowly placed his phone onto his lap and readjusted himself so that Sungmin’s head could rest peacefully against his shoulders.

 

Jongjin lowered the volume of the radio and smiled at Kyuhyun from the frontview mirror, Sungjin was curled against the window with soft occasional snores and Sungmin was plastered to Kyuhyun’s right side, in deep sleep.


The low buzzing of the radio, the evening skies, exhaustion of the day, and the sweet vanilla fragrance from Sungmin’s hair lulled Kyuhyun’s eyes to flutter shut and he soon found himself drifting into soundless sleep.

 

 

“Hyung, we’re here. Sungmin hyung- wake up!” Sungjin poked his brother’s chest as the latter scrunched up his nose and pouted while shifting closer to the comforting source of warmth.

 

“Jinnie-ah, let hyung sleep.” He mumbled sleepily and buried his nose further into his surprisingly sweet-smelling blanket. 

 

 

“Hyung, mom and dad will be out here any minute to greet us and trust me, you do not want to be caught in this position.” Sungjin urged.

 

“What are you talking about?” Sungmin grumbled and squinted as the dim light of the car flooded into his eyes. Sungjin was frowning at him and Sungmin looked back in sleepy confusion.

 


“Hyung, just look.” Sungjin rolled his eyes and pointed out.

 

“What the-” Sungmin shouted and scrambled to the other side of the car not before pushing Kyuhyun away.

 

 

Oh dear lord, it would have been a disaster if either of their parents had come out to greet them and seen them like that. They wouldn’t have stopped cooing about it for the rest of their trip.

 

 

Not a moment too sooner for Sunhee and Hannah descended the stairs from entrance.

 

 

“You owe me big time.” Sungjin mumbled as he got down from the car and was wrapped in Sunhee’s arms as soon as his foot touched the ground.


“Jinnie! How are you my baby?” Sunhee cried and squished the teen closer to herself and fawned over her youngest son.


“Mom mom too much, I can’t breathe.” Sungjin wheezed and patted his mother’s shoulders begging to be let go.

 


Kyuhyun woke up at all the fuss and followed Sungmin out of the car, yawning sleepily all the time.

“Umma missed you Jinnie.” Sunhee squeezed Sungjin for a last time before latching onto Sungmin and embracing him warmly. 

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah! How have you been? Did you eat dinner yet? How was the flight? Kyubaby did you sleep at all?” Hannah rambled eyeing her son worriedly, Kyuhyun eyed his mother knowingly and hugged her gently,”I’m fine Mom.”

 

Sungjin looped his arms with Jongjin and announced,”What’s for dinner? I’m starving.”

 

 


Leaving their suitcases in the charge of the concierge, the group went down to the restaurant where Chunhwa and YoungHwan were drinking wine together. The soon-to-be bride and the groom were busy spending quality time with Yesung’s parents by the poolside, having already finished their dinner before; leaving only the Lee family and the Cho family dining together.

 


“Ah, Kyuhyun-ah. Come in, come in. Shall I pour you a drink son?” YoungHwan patted his son’s shoulders as the latter settled down across his father after pulling out the seat for Sungmin.


“And for you Sungmin?” YoungHwan asked merrily signaling to the waiters to bring their finest bottle of wine forward.

 


After eating through the appetizers, the main course. It was time for dessert. Enjoying a slice of marble cake with a scoop of delicious vanilla ice cream, the family chattered happily; making small jokes and talking just about everything in general.

 


Sungjin swallowed the cake hurriedly and pleaded cutely,”Mom, can Jongjin and I go sightseeing tomorrow? Please please please?”


Sunhee eyed her son skeptically and mumbled,”I’m not so sure-”

 

“Oh Umma please, I wanna see the Cheonjiyeon falls, Yongduam Rocks and visit the teddy bear museum.” Sungjin begged earning a eye roll from Sungmin.

 

 

“Well only on one condition.” Mrs.Lee stated. 

 

 

Sungjin pouted full force and asked,”What would that be?”

 

 

“There still are a couple of days for the wedding to take place.” Sunhee admitted slowly as Sungjin hanged on to her each word desperately.

 

 

 


“You and Jongjin can go sightseeing only if you promise to be back in time for the dance rehearsals followed by the practice wedding march schedule.” Sunhee stated.

 

 

Kyuhyun spluttered out,”Dance rehearsals?! We are supposed to dance, what the hell. Mom!” 

 

 

 


Hannah giggled,”Oh come on Kyunnie, it’ll be fun!”

 

 

“Fun my .” Kyuhyun mumbled under his breath frowning.

 

 

“Aww Kyunnie, don’t be like that! It would be a good surprise for Ahra and Yesung.” Hannah spoke soothingly.

 

“And you’ll work in pairs so Sungmin will be there to help you! My son is a brilliant dancer.” Sunhee added in helpfully,

 

 

 

“W-what?!” It was Sungmin’s turn to shout at his mother’s words. 

 

 

“A couple dance?! What is this all about? Oh gosh Mom why would you do agree to something like this.” Sungmin pouted as Sunhee and Hannah giggled.

 

Sungjin rolled his eyes and whined,”Hyung stop so much, it’s just a dance. And Mom tell me whether Jongjin and I can go sightseeing tomorrow pleaaaasee.”

 

 

“Ah yes of course. You can go sightseeing tomorrow only if Sungmin and Kyuhyun go along with you two.” Sunhee stated earning an excited whoop of joy from her youngest son.

 

 

“Hyungs.” Sungjin eyed Sungmin and Kyuhyun hopefully. 

 

 

Sungmin looked at his baby brother’s puppy eyes and sighed turning towards Kyuhyun,” So what about it, Kyuhyun-ah? Shall we go sightseeing?”

 

 

Kyuhyun suddenly found himself being stared at by his parents, Sungmin’s parents, Sungjin and Jongjin; and he gulped nervously at the attention before mumbling,”I’ll go if you go.”

 

 

“Perfect! It’s decided that we shall go to visit Cheonjiyeon falls and Yongduam Rocks tomorrow.” Sungmin smiled at Sungjin’s twinkling eyes.

 

 

“And the teddy bear museum!” 

 

 

“Of course Sungjin. Of course.”

 

--tbc--


[A/N]

This was a fun chapter to write, did you guys have fun reading it too? ^-^ I've told this a couple of times before that progress between our KyuMin will be slow and gradual, I hope you like reading all the way through! 

 

Thank you for all the subscribes, the votes and the views. All of these things keep me going. I shall be back soon with more updates!

 

Please do spend a couple of your minutes to leave me a comment. Say whatever you feel like   ( ˘ ³˘)❤

--95anichan--