Chapter 4: The Deal

To Your Heart

 


 

 

Chapter 4: The Deal

 

 

 

Sungmin paid the cab driver and pulled his pink overcoat closer to himself. He clenched his fists wondering about his meeting with Cho Kyuhyun.


He had been extremely skeptical about his decision to meet up with the man the previous night and had almost wished he hadnt agreed. But if the brat decided to pull something like that again.

 

 

 

Oh boy~ He wouldnt go easy on Kyuhyun.

 

Not even a single bit.


 

 


He shuddered lightly as he swung open the door of the quaint looking cafe expecting to see no traces of Cho Kyuhyun.




Sungmin's eyes widened in pleasant surprise as his eyes rested upon Kyuhyun's form on a table near the window. Kyuhyun had his eyes trained outside and was resting on the table with his cheeks cradled into his arms.

He sighed slightly and walked towards the table slowly, his feet shuffling against the wooden floor. Sensing a presence Kyuhyun glanced up and locked eyes with Sungmin.





He gulped seeing the childlike innocence in Sungmin's eyes. How could he not have seen that before?

He stood up hastily and nodded slightly and started,"Sungmin-shi.."


 

 

 



Sungmin stiffened before taking seat at the chair opposite to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun's eyes widened as Sungmin scrunched his nose adorably taking a deep whiff and then smiled serenely. He sniffed the air curiously and then coughed awkwardly as Sungmin shot him a bewildered look.  





Kyuhyun twiddled his thumbs embarrasedly and started," You..."

"You..."


Sungmin raised his eyebrows and mumbled," You can go ahead first, Kyuhyun-shi."





Kyuhyun exhaled before speaking," I want to apologize for yesterday, Sungmin-shi."
"I'm really sorry for being an ."


Sungmin simply chewed on his bottom lip skeptically before nodding his head.





His face coloured slightly as he looked up and noticed that Kyuhyun had his eyes transfixed on him.

Sungmin stood up abruptly and resting his palms over the table he exclaimed," I''ll just g-get a cup of coffee.."


 





With that he scrambled to the counter and asked for two cups of steaming black coffee. He stood there awkwardly, feeling a hot gaze directed to the back of his neck.

Why is this getting so damn awkward? He clenched his palms tightly and then brushed hair away from his eyes as he waited for the server to brew the coffee.





Clutching the two styrofoam cups, he walked to the table within a few quick steps and sank into the seat opposite of Kyuhyun.




 Pushing the styrofoam cup with steaming coffee towards Kyuhyun, Sungmin spoke slowly,"I wasnt really sure about what coffee you'd prefer. I could get it exchanged if you lik.."


"Nonsense. I m-mean.. I dont mind it.." Kyuhyun answered holding the cup in his palm clumsily.

 

 





Sungmin pursed his bow shaped lips and took a small sip of the searing beverage and sighed," Kyuhyun-shi.. We need to talk."


Kyuhyun bit back a groan as the coffee scalded his tongue.



 



"You're obviously against this betrothal as much as I am." Kyuhyun remarked slowly.

Sungmin replied lightly,"It's not that I have anyone, but the idea seems.."





"Preposterous?" Kyuhyun finished.





Nodding his head in agreement, Sungmin remarked," Did you happen to have a look at the signed paper?"


Kyuhyun scratched his head awkwardly, and asked," What paper are you talking about?"





"The document with Umma and Mrs.Cho's signatures and approval to the betrothal." Sungmin answered patiently.


Kyuhyun mumbled embarrasedly,"Umma thought I could tear it up, so she refused.."




Biting back a small smile that threatened to creep up his lips, Sungmin continued amusedly," You really are...something."




"Well, what did it say?" Kyuhyun asked hastily while swallowing some more coffee.


Sungmin mumbled a soft hang-on-for-a-second and shuffled into his jeans pocket. He dug out a sheet of paper and spread it across the table neatly.




He tapped the photocopy of the agreement with his fingers before sliding it towards Kyuhyun.


Sungmin remarked proficiently," It says in case of unseen disagreement the children must try to get along for three months at a minimum until further amendments."





"So Kyuhyun-shi. I have something to propose."



"According to the betrothal agreement. We need to get along for three months and then we can convince our parents to break the engagement off."





Kyuhyun drummed his fingers against the table surface and tilted his head thoughtfully,"So you mean to say we just have to try to get along for three months.."


"Yes. That's right." Sungmin answered immediately.





Kyuhyun spoke slowly,"We have to try to get along.."


Sungmin smirked,"It seems you're getting the hang of my idea,Kyuhyun-shi."






"We pretend to get along with each other..." Kyuhyun continued slowly.


"And then when the three months are up, we site irreparable differences and break off the engagement." Sungmin finished Kyuhyun's words and settled back to his chair.





Kyuhyun pursed his lips thoughtfully and muttered," That is..really smart."
"I agree..."




Sungmin spoke hastily,"But we have to set up some ground rules first Kyuhyun-shi."


Kyuhyun nodded his head in agreement,"Alright.. For starters, the formal honorifics should go...Sungmin?"




Sungmin hesitated before answering,"Okay...Kyuhyun?"


Kyuhyun beckoned for the server in charge and asked for two sheets of paper and a pen to jot down their agreement.



Sungmin snatched the pen from Kyuhyun and slide the sheet of paper towards himself. Seeing Kyuhyun giving him a bewildered look he protested,"What? Feel like writing.Is that a crime?"



Kyuhyun looked away in embarrasement and coughed awkwardly,"No it isnt. Let's get to the ground rules, Sungmin."




It felt very weird to hear Kyuhyun saying his name like that. It rolled off his tongue so comfortably.


Shaking his head to clear his head, Sungmin cleared his throat and remarked," We have to pretend to date for the next three months."





"During that time no one of us is allowed to be with anybody else. ual or platonic. Not allowed. Is that clear?" Sungmin asked while jotting down the condition neatly in his cursive handwriting.

 

 

 

 


Kyuhyun spluttered out his coffee hearing Sungmin's words.

 

He gulped slightly before remarking smoothly,"Obviously."

 




Sungmin remained completely oblivious to the other man's reaction as he scrunched up his nose in concentration.





Kyuhyun stirred his coffee and added,"No embarrasing each other in public."

"What is that supposed to mean?!" Sungmin exclaimed pausing writing and staring at Kyuhyun incrediously.




"Calm down Sungmin. I did not mean to offend you." Kyuhyun amended hastily.


Inhaling sharply, Sungmin mumbled suspiciously ,"Okay. I'll include that too."


 



"No hugging. No touching. No kissing. ..  To conclude no skinship at all." Sungmin continued.





Sungmin narrowed his eyes and muttered in a scary low baritone,"Touch me and you die. Got it? I know martial arts so dont you dare."

Kyuhyun protested immediately,"Yah. Im not some kind of a ert. I wouldnt..."




"Alright alright. Just making sure.."Sungmin cut Kyuhyun's sentence off quickly and proceeded to write it down.



Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and remarked,"Since we are feigning to be together, its only appropriate we have a brief idea about what the other is doing. Nothing too suffocating. Just to make sure our stories will match incase we're being questioned by our parents."




"Hmm.. That is...sensible." Sungmin admitted before pressing down the pen on the paper and trying to write.


Shaking the pen to and fro vigorously, Sungmin mumbled irritatedly,"Aishh. This stupid pen wont work!"





Kyuhyun sighed and detached his pen from the pocket and slid it towards Sungmin,"Use mine, Sungmin.."


"Umm.. Thank you." Sungmin mumbled softly and proceeded to write.





"Are your parents threatening you with anything?" Kyuhyun asked slowly.


Sungmin looked  up and nodded,"Not exactly threatening...Appa said that he will invest in the remaining amount to my cake studio."

 

 



"Cake studio?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.


"Yes! Im actually a professionally acclaimed patissier. And I've been working and slogging for the past three years to save money for my studio." Sungmin answered with a proud twinkle in his eyes.

 

 

 



"Appa said that he will invest in the remaining amount so instead of working for another year, I can start my own cake studio in six months or so and then I can always repay Appa's money."


Kyuhyun remarked in an impressed way,"That's just...wow. It's really great about your dream.."


 


Sungmin beamed ,"I wanted my own cake studio ever since I was in high school. After graduation I took a course on being a patissier and I have been saving money for about three.. now almost four years next month."


 




Kyuhyun felt ashamed that he had been so quick to judge Sungmin who seemed to be a very passionate and a pure hearted person.


 

 


He replied sincerely with a soft smile gracing his lips,"I really hope you will be able to get your own cake studio soon Sungmin."


Sungmin felt touched at Kyuhyun's genunie words and he smiled back,"Thank you, Kyuhyun..I really hope so too."

 

 



"What's in store for you? Hmm.. your parents?"

Kyuhyun answered while cracking his knuckles,"Appa said that he'd allow me to take over a extremly important business deal, if I agree...to you know."

 

 



"Wow. Wait. Are you a sorta a....workaholic?" Sungmin asked curiously.




Kyuhyun scratched his head awkwardly and replied,"Not quite..Well,Noona and Yesung Hyung always call me a... workaholic but."


Sungmin chuckled lightly,"Aaah. I see.. Its good that you're so enthusiastic about your company."


"Ehh? I guess.."


 



"So Sungmin, since we are pretending to get along and date..." Kyuhyun started.


Sungmin answered,"Yes. About that.."


 

 


"We should meet at least thrice a week or something like that.."


Kyuhyun nodded his head seriously,"That sounds appropriate. Umma is a sort of a person to hire people to see whether.."

 

 



"What?!" Sungmin spluttered nervously.


"You mean to say, people might be watching us right now?" He asked while looking over his shoulders anxiously.


 

 


Cute.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled lightly at Sungmin's eyebrows all scrunched together,"Calm down, Sungmin. Noone is watching us right now. Or at least I hope.."


 


"Oh gosh, Kyuhyun. You're scaring me." Sungmin whined while tensing up at the slightest sound from the entrance to the cafe.


"I was just kidding Sungmin." Kyuhyun laughed.


 

 


Sungmin pouted and mumbled,"So mean."



"Now you sign here.." He commanded pointing to a spot on the paper.

Kyuhyun signed neatly at the place Sungmin was pointing to and then remarked,"So I guess this is it, huh?"

 

 

 



After signing, Sungmin handed one of the copies of their agreement to Kyuhyun and answered," I guess.."


Kyuhyun brought forward his hand and shook Sungmin's hand firmly. The duo stood up in silence and walked towards the exit to Kona Beans.

 

 




Kyuhyun suddenly spoke up," Sungmin, can I have your number? "

Sungmin hesitated for a second before agreeing," I guess it's alright.."


 

 


He gave his phone to Kyuhyun and murmured while pulling his overcoat closer to himself," Type in your number and call."


Kyuhyun sweeped the screen to unlock the phone and stared in awe seeing Sungmin's wallpaper," T-that.. did you bake that?!"


It was a batch of scrumptious blueberry muffins, the pieces of blueberries looking so delectable in the pastry.

 

 



Sungmin smiled embarrasedly and nodded," Sungjin, my younger brother loves photography. So yesterday when I was done baking..he clicked it."


Kyuhyun looked so impressed," Wow. Just wow."
After allowing his phone to ring twice, Kyuhyun returned Sungmin's phone and asked timidly," S-sungmin?"

 

 



Seeing Sungmin blink innocently back at him while placing his phone into his pocket, Kyuhyun asked shyly,"Can you bake me some next time?"


 Biting back a smile, Sungmin answered amusedly, "Why not?"



 



 


 


 




(A/N)

Here's the last part of the the triple update~! I hope you guys enjoyed reading.

A very early Happy Birthday to Cheesezard once again~^^

 

 

I shall try to update A Perfect Match before I leave for my five day break, so look forward to it alright?

//throws freshly baked Sungmin's blueberry muffins

 

 

Do comment and upvote, alright? I would love to hear from everyone.

 

Have a nice day~! Until next time :))

~95anichan signing off <3