Chapter 1: Coming To Terms

To Your Heart

 


 

Chapter 1: Coming To Terms
 

 



30th December,1989.
 


Lee Sunhee and Cho Hannah mutually agree to engage their children into a betrothal, a promise to have their children married when they are of twenty four years of age.

 

In case of unseen disagreement, the children must try to get along for three months at a minimum until furthur amendments.

Signed~


             
 

 



~~~~~~~~~

 


13th July,2013.
 

 



"Mom what the hell is this all about?!"


"Sungmin dear, please try to understand sweetie." Sunhee answered desperately trying her best to pacify her twenty-four year old son, Sungmin.




Sungmin blazed demandingly," You cannot just set me up with some guy, Mom. I'm old enough to make my own choices without your interferance. I'm not a baby."

Seeing his Umma's crestfallen state , Sungmin sighed helplessly,"Oh come on, Mom. Why are you guys springing a betrothal on me? This is so unfair."





Lee Chunhwa rubbed his wife's shoulders comfortigly and assured,"Ming, allow your Umma to finish before you react,alright?"


"But this is just too much, Appa. I already have someone." Sungmin retorted adamantly.


 

 



Sungjin laughed boisterously," Hyung. Everyone knows that you belong to the N.B.S.B Club."


Sungmin whined,"Jinnie, not you too. You're supposed to be on my side!"


"What's the N.B.S.B Club, Jinnie-ah?" asked Chunhwa curiously.


 

 



Sungjin laughed again before answering smoothly," The N.B.S.B Club is No Boyfriend Since Birth. And Sungmin Hyung is the grand ambassador, Appa."

Chunhwa and Sungjin chuckled at Sungmin crunching away the bowl of cornflakes embarassedly.

 

 


"You're all so mean to me.. " Sungmin whined pitifully with bits of the cereal sputtering out on the table.



"Yah~ Lee Sungmin. Don't talk with your mouth full." Sunhee scolded.

 




Sungmin swallowed the cereal in haste and demanded," Who is this guy anyway?"

Sunhee beamed joyfully," Cho Kyuhyun. He's a month younger than you are. And..."



"Wait. He's younger than me?" Sungmin asked smugly.

Chunhwa rolled his eyes and spoke," Now, now Sungmin."




Sunhee continued," He is pretty.."


Sungjin guffawed loudly ," My brother-in-law is pretty?"

 



"What the hell, Jin? And dont call that.. freak your brother-in-law. He might be a creep for all we know." Sungmin huffed in distaste.




"Chunhwa. What is with our children?"

"You brats. Listen to me for a minute. I meant to say Kyuhyun is pretty handsome. "



 


"Handsome? Ha!" Sungmin scoffed. And Sungjin laughed comically again.

Sunhee banged the table in annoyance and screamed," That's it. Sungjin. Get out. You're late for school and you mister. You better shut up right now and behave yourself this second."


 




Sungjin nodded his head meekly and slinked out of the backdoor swinging his lunch bag in his arms. Sungmin slouched on the chair unhappily, wishing he could escape with his brother.

He tried slowly ,"Mom I'll just go and drop Sungjin to school toda.."




"You sit right here young man. And listen to me." Sunhee blazed irritabaly.

"You and Kyuhyun are in a betrothal. And you are gonna be a nice boy and give this a try. Otherwise I'm gonna have talk to your distant cousin's mother to have her stay with us for a year."




"Wait. You're gonna have that creep with us?! That female is so weird. She keeps following me around and spurts nonsense about wanting to marry me. Just no." Sungmin protested loudly recalling the unpleasant memory of his encounter with her at his aunt's wedding a couple of months ago.

Sunhee smirked evilly," So you're gonna give this betrothal a chance?"

 




"Yes Mom."
 


"And you wont bully Kyuhyun?"
 


"Of course I wil...."



Sunhee glared at her son and wacked his head sharply.

"Ow! I m-meant.. No Umma."




"You'll be my good boy and meet Kyuhyun-ah today?"

"Alright. "




"W-wait. What?!" Sungmin yelled in protest.

"Hannah, Kyuhyun's mother and I have arranged you and Kyuhyun-ah to meet for dinner tonight." Sunhee explained slowly.


 




"Mom how could you do that." Sungmin whined looking at his father helplessly.

"I can't go today, I have to work overtime."



 


"Oh no you don't. I had enough of this discussion Sungmin. You are going to talk to Kyuhyun tonight. And this is not under any arguements." Sunhee retorted picking up the used dishes from the table and tossing it to the sink.





"I just can understand why you have to be so difficult. I'm pretty sure Kyuhyun-ah is taking this well."

Sungmin rolled his eyes and pulled a face," Damn you. Cho.Kyu-Hyun."

 



~*~*~

 



"Calm down Kyubaby." Ahra said helplessly looking at her baby brother swinging a priceless vase to the wall.

"Cho Kyuhyun. Stop that right now." Cho Hannah yelled pulling her son and forcing him to sit on the bed.




"Why are you guys being this way? I have no time or interest to meet some brat. How dare you set me up with some gold digger! Mom why would you do this to me? Just why?" Kyuhyun heaved angrily.

"Kyuu.."



"A betrothal? Seriously guys? We're in the twenty first centuary for heaven's sake! Not some ancient elizabethan era."




"Cho Kyuhyun. That is not the way you talk to your mother." Cho YoungHwan's voice boomed, causing the trio to jump in surprise.

"Appa. You scared me." Ahra whined while walking to her father and asking for a hug.





YoungHwan chuckled embarrasedly and kissed his daughter's forhead before pressing his wife's shoulders assuringly.

"Appa. Not you too." Kyuhyun grumbled.




"Kyuhyun-ah~ Listen to your mother,okay?" YoungHwan asked gently, sitting next to his baby son.

"But. What if this guy is a gold digger? " Kyuhyun demanded.

 

 



Ahra rolled her eyes and scoffed," Do you think mommy would set you up with someone like that,Kyubaby?"





"Stop calling me Kyubaby. I'm twenty four years old for heavens sake."


Ahra retorted," A twenty four year old baby who flips vases when he is on his man period."




"Mom just look what Noona is saying!" Kyuhyun demanded scandalously.




Hannah chuckled lightly," Now now. Ahra, don't tease your brother."

"Kyuu , you're gonna meet with Sungmin-ah tonight.."


 



"No.. I refuse to waste my time over a treacherous greedy snake." Kyuhyun deadpanned.

"Yah Cho Kyuhyun! Stop being such a girl and grow up for once." Ahra scolded.




Kyuhyun stood up angrily only to be pushed back down to the bed," I am not a girl. I shall tell Yesung hyung on you."

Ahra rolled her eyes," Oh please. Yesung loves me too much. So he wouldn't say anything Kyuubaby~"




"Yesung Hyung is my best buddy first and your fiance second." Kyuhyun argued.

"Well... well, what is this? My two most favorite people are fighting over me?" Yesung teased playfully, entering the drawing room and wrapping an arm around Ahra's waist.

 

 


Ahra giggled cutely and cooed," Hello baby~"



Kyuhyun rolled his eyes," The only reason why I can stand you two because I only trust Yesung Hyung to take care of Noona.."


"Aww Kyubaby. Too cute.." Ahra cooed before latching her arms over Kyuhyun's torso and hugging the life out of him.




"A-argghh.. Get off, get off!" Kyuhyun screamed lashing his arms in a desperate bid to push his elder sister from himself.




 


"Ahra dear, stop squishing Kyuhyunnie. He's turning blue." Yesung trying to persuade his fiance amusedly.

Ahra pouted sadly and detached herself from Kyuhyun who was glaring at her, while taking huge gulps of oxygen.


 




"Hyung, how the hell do you stand her?" Kyuhyun asked Yesung, eying his creepy sister in distaste.




"Well.." Yesung drawled glancing at Ahra amusedly.

"Don't you dare answer that!" Ahra demanded.



"Now now, children.. Calm down.." Hannah smiled softly.

"So it's settled. Kyuhyunnie will meet Sungmin tonight for dinner." YoungHwan nodded his head seriously.


"Appa~" Kyuhyun protested.


"Kyuhyun. You know the business deal with Mr. Kim?" YoungHwan asked his baby son professionally.

 

 

 


Kyuhyun's eyes sparkled and ignoring the coughs of such-a-workaholic from Ahra, he nodded.


"I'll let you take over it if you agree to meet Sungmin-ah tonight." YoungHwan concluded smugly.


 

 


"Really Appa?" Kyuhyun asked scrunching his eyebrows together in distrust.


Winking at his wife, YoungHwan continued," Yes. If you agree to meet Sungmin tonight. I'll let you handle it."


 

 


Kyuhyun nodded his head earnestly," Alright then. I'll meet the guy~"


Internally Kyuhyun smirked and chuckled evilly.

 

 



I just have to meet him. Appa did not say that I have to be civil to that gold digger.
Lee.Sung.Min You're not fooling me that easily.


 


 





.....(A/N)

I just found my draft for this story a couple of hours ago and had major feels to write. So I ended up writing crazily today :))

The next chapter will deal with Sungmin and Kyuhyun meeting for the first time...? Well, we dont quite know yet whether they've met before or.. It'll be explained in the upcoming chapters, so stay with me alright?

 

How are you liking the story so far? Do comment~ I want to update this story soon. Maybe in a couple of days. :)) You're comments will definately encourage me to write sooner and I would love to hear from all of you~ <3

 

Have a nice day everyone~! Until next time :))

~95anichan signing off <3