Chapter 10: Wedding Cakes And Icing

To Your Heart

 

 

 


Chapter 10: Wedding Cakes And Icing

 

 

“Kyuhyun?” Sungmin murmured softly while holding a plastic spoon with a small tidbit of vanilla cake, towards a stunned Kyuhyun.




“Would you like to sample some cake?” Sungmin asked softly.


Ahra giggled to herself seeing her brother completely freezing up at Sungmin’s gesture. What to do with her dork of a brother?

 



Time to intervene~



“Yah! Kyubaby, taste the cake and tell me whether you like it” Ahra whined while pinching her fiance who kept staring at the orange cake in dismay.

Yesung couldnt understand why they couldnt have the cake for their wedding. It was so pretty, with hues of orange and green.

 



Perfect for a wedding, right? But apparently he was the only one who thought so. :(






Kyuhyun exclaimed while taking the spoon from Sungmin’s hand, with their fingers brushing in the process.

“Noona- its your wedding. How do my preferences matter?”



 


Ahra smiled gently before gushing,”Of course my baby Kyu’s choice matters. You’re my little baby brother!”


Kyuhyun cringed at how Ahra kept cooing at him, much to Sungmin’s amusement.


 



“What is wrong with you?” Kyuhyun protested loudly.

“What’s wrong in showing love for my baby Kyu? Right, Sungmin-ah?” Ahra retorted after turning to Sungmin for support.


 



Kyuhyun sighed in defeat as Sungmin nodded his head enthusiastically. Everyone was forever supporting Ahra.

“Just eat it Kyuhyunnie.” Yesung scolded exasperatedly seeing Kyuhyun staring at the spoon with the cake strangely.




Kyuhyun rolled his eyes before bringing the spoon to his mouth. Ahra, Yesung and Sungmin stared at Kyuhyun who was skeptically chewing on the cake.



Not bad, he had to admit.But clearly not as good as Sung-

 



“Well? Do you like it Kyuhyun?” Ahra asked after receiving no reaction.

Kyuhyun simply shrugged,“Uhh. It’s nice”

 



Ahra huffed and protested,”You’re no help, Kyubaby!”

 



“That’s exactly what I’ve been saying the past one hour!” Kyuhyun exclaimed in annoyance.


Kyuhyun rambled,”When you have Sungmin here, why would you need me Noona?”




“Sungmin is better than ten of me put together when it comes to choosing your wedding cake!” Kyuhyun finished while flapping his arms.


Ahra smirked while putting her arm on Sungmin’s shoulders,” Sungmin is the best, right Kyubaby?”




Kyuhyun not realizing what his Noona was implying, simply exclaimed,”There’s no doubt about it!”




Sungmin’s eyes widened at Kyuhyun’s words. Just what the..

 



Kyuhyun, oblivious to the pleased expression on Ahra’s face and the stunned look on Sungmin’s, kept nodding. Sungmin was the best patissier he knew after all. That man had some amazing skills.



“So Sungminnie, shall we choose this sample for the cake?” Ahra asked nicely.


“Why not this one, Ahra?” Yesung spoke sadly while pointing to the orange cake in dismay.





“Yesung no!” Ahra whined while reaching for her fiance’s arm and pulling him from the spot he had been rooted on, ever since they entered the Cake Studio.


“Ahra whaa..’ Yesung exclaimed as Ahra pulled him to stand beside Kyuhyun.


 



“Now you two dumb babies keep each other company while Sungmin and I will choose the cake.” Ahra commanded while pulling Sungmin towards Nari who eyed the entire scene in unconcealed amusement.
 



Ahra called out before she went behind Sungmin to choose the decorations of the Wedding Cake.


“Kyubaby, don't you dare run away! I shall smack your head if you even step out of the shop.” Ahra warned exasperatedly as Kyuhyun simply rolled his eyes.

 



Now she didn't want Kyuhyun to escape home when she still had many things planned for the luncheon that afternoon. That wouldn't do at all.



Yesung turned towards Kyuhyun and asked,”So you like Sungmin now?”

Kyuhyun just wanted to slam his head against a pillar.



~~~

 




 “Ahra Noona, what type of fruit do you like?” Sungmin asked while looking through the photobook with various decorations and toppings for the Wedding Cake.


Ahra turned towards Sungmin and mumbled,”I like raspberries the most and Yesung is usually fine with anything so-”





Sungmin smiled softly and answered,” So you choose raspberries?”

With a dainty nod of her head, Nari proceeded to write down the specifications of the cake.

 




After discussing with Sungmin and Nari about what other decorations Ahra wanted on her Wedding Cake, the blueprint of the cake had been drawn.



A three layered vanilla cake, frosted with freshly whipped off-white cream and finished with white edible roses with raspberries.




Sungmin settled back into the chair, feeling satisfied at the outcome of Ahra’s Wedding Cake.


The blueprint drawn, looked absolutely gorgeous and he was sure that the Cake would turn out to be a big hit among all the guests.



“Sungmin-ah, thank you so much!”. Ahra squealed in happiness while pulling Sungmin into a light hug.



Sungmin simply smiled as he patted Ahra Noona’s back,” Glad to help, Noona.”

 

 



Leading the way out of Nari’s cabin, Ahra giggled in happiness. She was going to get married in less than a month. To the man she loves with all her heart.

 

 


Sungmin brought out his phone and typed in a text to Donghae.




Can’t make it to the movies this afternoon. You and Hyukjae go ahead ^^
 

 



He looked up from his phone to see Ahra rambling excitedly about the Wedding Cake.


“So Kyubaby, I decided on raspberries!” Ahra exclaimed while latching on to Yesung excitedly.




Sungmin rolled his eyes at the reply he’d received from Donghae.

 



You ditching us? :(

 



Kyuhyun mumbled,”You should have some blueberries on the cake too, Noona.”



Ahra scrunched up her eyebrows in confusion,”Since when do you have a fondness to blueberries, baby Kyu?”




“After those muff-.” Kyuhyun silenced himself on realizing what he was about to say carelessly.

 



Ahra eyed her brother skeptically,”What was that Kyubaby?”


“Nothing! I said nothing.” Kyuhyun protested as his Noona proceeded to smirk at his flushed appearance.




Sungmin typed back a reply to Donghae.


 


I’m having lunch with Kyuhyun in the afternoon.

 



Sungmin had to resist from facepalming himself reading Donghae’s incoherent message.
 



afsdfgafhdgashjkash you’re going on a date with Kyuhyun?! OMFG :D
 





Ahra called out,”Sungmin-ah. Do you think it’ll be okay to add blueberries to the Cake?”



Sungmin looked into Ahra’s eyes filled with doubt and answered,” Of course Noona! I feel that the blueberries will contrast well with the raspberries. You should go for it.”




“Alright then Kyubaby. Go with Sungmin and tell Nari to add blueberries along with the raspberries.” Ahra commanded.


“Noona- just go and tell her.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.

 



Ahra placed an arm around Yesung’s shoulder as she proceeded to remove her stilettos .

“Kyubaby- Noona’s feet hurt, please take Sungmin along and tell Nari-shi?” Ahra whimpered while massaging her supposedly sore heel tiredly.

 



“But Noona!”



“Kyuhyunnie, be a good brother and go.” Yesung added while leading Ahra to a chair so that she could rest her feet.


 



Sungmin typed on a reply to Donghae while scoffing lightly.

 


No you dummy. Kyuhyun’s sister- Ahra and her fiance are gonna be there too. Not. A. Date.
 





Kyuhyun tapped Sungmin’s shoulder asking for attention from the male who seemed glaring at his phone.



He murmured slowly,” Sungmin.”




Sungmin jumped slightly feeling startled at the husky voice greeting him. He eyed Kyuhyun who seemed to be contemplating on saying something.


“What is it?” He asked softly.





“Ahra noona wants us to tell Nari-shi about adding blueberries to her Wedding Cake.” Kyuhyun explained.


 


Sungmin’s mouth widened to form an ‘o’ at Kyuhyun’s words.


“So shall we go in?”



Sungmin settled for a small nod,” Sure, lets go.”



 

~~~~




“Yesunggie, we’re getting married!” Ahra squealed as the couple sat together with Ahra’s feet resting in Yesung’s lap.


Yesung smiled gently at Ahra before murmuring,” Seems like just yesterday we’d met.”


 


Ahra snuggled into Yesung’s shoulders and mumbled,”I’m so glad you decided to accompany us to Korea. “



Pressing a soft kiss to Ahra’s hair Yesung replied,” Of course I would.. I couldnt be apart from my love.”


 


Ahra giggled and hit Yesung’s shoulder lightly,”So cheesy!”



“Only for you babe.”




All of a sudden, Ahra sat up straight,”Yesung, Kyubaby and Sungmin have been in too long, dont you think?”


Yesung hummed,” I suppose.. It doesnt take long to tell Nari-shi about blueberries after all.”



 


“Ah, what do you think they might be doing?” Ahra smirked while eyeing her amused fiance.

“It’s really none of our busin-” Yesung started only to be stopped by Ahra’s pout.




He finally relented,“Okay okay- Let’s go and see.”



After helping Ahra to wear her stilettos, the duo went hand-in-hand, to the corridor that lead to Nari’s cabin.

 

.

.

.
 


Yesung’s jaws dropped while Ahra squeaked in amazement.


“What the..” Yesung mumbled in astonishment.




Kyuhyun had one of his arms resting over Sungmin’s shoulders while the other was on the smaller male’s face. And to top it off, Sungmin’s cheek and hair were covered with chocolate icing.


Kyuhyun’s eyes widened seeing Ahra and Yesung gaping at them.  



“N-noona!”


 



Kyuhyun let his arms drop from Sungmin’s shoulders as he stared at Ahra.

“I can explain!” Kyuhyun exclaimed as Sungmin stepped away from him slowly.



Ahra smiled smugly and sang,”Go ahead Kyubaby.”




Kyuhyun started slowly,”Sungmin stumbled into the bucket of chocolate icing and I was just-”


Sungmin took the tissue that Kyuhyun offered him with an embarrassed smile and spoke,” He was just helping me remove the icing.”




“That’s interesting.” Ahra remarked innocently as Yesung stared at Sungmin’s hair coated with icing.

Yesung pointed to Sungmin in wonder and exclaimed,”You’ve got icing all over your hair!”


 



Pressing down his hair bashfully, Sungmin muttered,”I've always been a klutz.”

 

 


Kyuhyun brought out a blue handkerchief from his pockets and pressed to Sungmin’s cheek.

Much to Ahra’s amusement, he proceeded to wipe away the icing from Sungmin’s face.




“Kyuhyun I can-” Sungmin protested while turning red.  His heartbeats quickened at the close proximity and how gentle Kyuhyun was being.



Deaf to Sungmin’s protests, Kyuhyun rubbed the handkerchief against Sungmin’s baby soft cheeks, advanced towards his cute button-like nose and then caressed Sungmin’s forehead with a gentleness none knew he possessed.

 



“There.”


Kyuhyun murmured in satisfaction seeing Sungmin’s face devoid of the icing.




“You might need some water to clean your hair though,” Kyuhyun remarked thoughtfully while pressing the blue handkerchief into a stunned Sungmin’s hands.






 

~tbc

 


 

(A/N)

So seems like they're getting more closer, huh?

Come on whatever is going through your mind, just say it :))

Thank you for loving and supporting this story. I love you guys <3

 

~95anichan <3

Ps: Have a nice day ^^