Chapter 11: A Date?!

To Your Heart

 

(A/N) Dedicated to my babies, Kpopgorgeous and Cheesezard :D


 

Chapter 11: A Date?!

 

 

 

“Ugghh.” Sungmin groaned while running his fingers through his matted hair. He brought Kyuhyun’s handkerchief underneath the running water in the sink and moistened it.


 



Rubbing the wet cloth over his hair, Sungmin looked at his reflection in the mirror of the restroom.

“The hell am I such a klutz.” He cursed softly while grimacing at his hair. His clumsiness has brought him nothing but trouble.

 





Sungmin resisted the urge to smack himself in the head while remembering what caused the entire incident in the first place.




Kyuhyun announced sheepishly,” Nari-shi, please do include blueberries along with the raspberries on Cho Ahra’s Wedding Cake.”

Nari raised an eyebrow curiously for confirmation from Sungmin who standing right beside Kyuhyun,” Umm..Sungmin-shi?”


Understanding the middle-aged woman, Sungmin hurriedly nodded,” I hope that wouldnt be a problem.”


“Oh no..that’s a lovely thought!” Nari smiled softly while rummaging through the file which held the blueprint of the Wedding Cake.




Sungmin and Kyuhyun looked at each other in awkward silence as the petite woman proceeded to scribble down the addition into her notes.

Putting down the pencil, Nari beamed warmly,”So when are you two planning to place an order to your Wedding Cake, hmm?”



The duo spluttered in unison as they jumped away from each other,” W-wha.. we arent-”

“Oh please, I know a couple when I see one.” Nari winked at the gaping duo and proceeded to shoo them out of the cabin.





Lost in thoughts, Sungmin stumbled into the corridor with Kyuhyun at his heels.

Marriage. To Kyuhyun.



His eyes widened at the imagination of Kyuhyun gently waiting for him at the altar.

Oh my ack-




“What the clucking ..” Sungmin shrieked as his head smacked against a tall metal trolley and consequently causing the bucket of chocolate icing to fall.




Kyuhyun gripped Sungmin’s shoulders firmly as the icing proceeded to drip down from his hair to his forehead, covering the entirety of his face.

“Sungmin, are you alright?” Kyuhyun called out worriedly while helping the embarrassed man to place the bucket of icing to the floor.




 



So that was what had happened. Sungmin banged his head against the restroom wall, feeling too sheepish at the memory of how Kyuhyun had continued to wipe off the icing from his cheeks delicately.

 


How freaking embarrassing.


 

 


With awkward steps Sungmin stumbled out of the restroom and walked hesitatingly to the table where Ahra and Kyuhyun were seemingly arguing about something and Yesung looking at the both of them with an amused smile over his lips.


Sungmin wanted nothing but to run away from the luncheon and wail about how his clumsiness curse resurfaced to haunt him.





As Sungmin kept debating whether to walk closer towards the table, Ahra kept prodding her baby brother for answers.



“I told you Noona! We werent doing anything like that!” Kyuhyun protested with the tip of his ears turning red at the suggestive things Ahra kept saying.




“Oh please, Kyubaby. You cant fool me! You were going to Sungmin-ah’s cheek werent you?” Ahra teased more enjoying how the normally poised businessman kept squirming in embarrassment over her naughty words.




“Yesung hyung!” Kyuhyun complained looking at Yesung for support.

Yesung raised his hands up into the air and murmured,”You’re on your own Kyuhyunnie. God knows what things swim through young mind these days.”




“Hyung!” Kyuhyun gasped, feeling scandalized at Yesung’s words.


“Now hush you two, I see Sungmin-ah. We dont want to scare him off, now do we?” Ahra scolded completely forgetting who had brought up the entire conversation in the first place.

 



“But but.” Kyuhyun protested hotly.
 



“Hush Kyubaby!” Ahra growled as Sungmin walked closer to their table in small hesitant steps.





~~

 

 


“So Sungmin, how is work treating you?” Ahra asked after setting down the carte. She nodded politely as the server for their table bowed slightly before rushing to the kitchen with their food choices.



Sungmin tugged at his locks awkwardly and mumbled,”It’s alright.”



“Aww, Sungmin your hair!” Ahra cooed softly leaning over the the flustered man an bringing her fingers to his head.


“T-thank you, Noona.” Sungmin mumbled shyly as Ahra proceeded to brush her fingers through his hair, putting them back to place with a kind smile on her face.


 





“There. Doesnt it look fine now, baby Kyu?” Ahra smiled while settling back into the chair.
 


Kyuhyun locked eyes with Sungmin’s gorgeous amber orbs and he exhaled sharply,”Y-yeah.”





Yesung rolled his eyes at how obvious Kyuhyun was being and he murmured softly to Ahra,” Love, did you see-”

She squeezed her fiance’s hand softly under the table knowingly before remarking,”So you two are now dating is it?”


 



“I-”


“We-”


 



They started together with a tell-a-tale expressions on their guilty faces.

 



Seeing Sungmin squirming with the table napkin, Kyuhyun retorted sharply,”It’s not really your business, noona.”



A flash of hurt passed by Ahra’s eyes” I was just-”



“Noona..” Sungmin called out softly seeing the dismayed expression on Ahra’s face.


 

 


“He didnt mean it, did you now Kyuhyun-ah?” Sungmin spoke while glancing at Kyuhyun across the table.


Scratching the back of his neck awkwardly, Kyuhyun sighed and relented,” Noona, I’m sorry.”




“We are togeth-”




”Oh look the food is here!” Sungmin squeaked in a high pitched voice as the server set down the plates of steaming food on their table.



Yesung murmured, a couple of minutes after they started tucking in,” What were you saying Kyuhyunnie?”

 




Kyuhyun took a sip of water before replying,” Sungmin and I- we’re taking things slow, you know? I m-mean.“
 




“We are together .” Kyuhyun spoke softly while glancing at the male seated across him.


 


Choking on a piece of dry bread Sungmin coughed at Kyuhyun’s choice of words. Sure they were pretending to be together so that they could get what they want but why did it feel so..
 



“Sungmin! Sungmin are you okay?” A pair of concerned eyes came through his watery vision as he opened his eyes.



Accepting the glass of water from Kyuhyun, Sungmin gratefully chugged down the liquid feeling relieved as he felt the water moistening his dry throat.




Sungmin croaked timidly,” Dessert anyone?”



~~


 



“Oh come on, Sungmin- It’s our treat! Isnt that right baby?” Ahra smiled while patting her fiance’s arm gently.


“Of course, thank you for helping us out, Sungmin.” Yesung grinned while placing a few money bills onto the table.

 



“Yeah, we got the perfect, most gorgeous cake for our wedding!” Ahra beamed gleefully as Yesung helped her into her coat. They were currently waiting at the entrance of the restaurant for the valet to get the cars for them.  



Sungmin simply smiled, with his dimples in,”Nothing to thank-”



Latching her arms around her brother’s shoulders, Ahra gushed,” Wasn't this fun baby Kyu? Arent you glad you decided to give company to Sungmin here instead of being cooped up in your study?”


“Noona- let me go!” Kyuhyun protested while trying to detach Ahra squeezing his shoulders with herculean strength.


 



Observing the display of the siblings with an amused smile, Sungmin remarked teasingly,”You’re no match for Ahra noona’s strength, Kyuhyun.”


“What? Not you too, Sungmin!” Kyuhyun protested as he finally managed to push Ahra into Yesung’s direction.


 



“Kyuhyunnie- dont manhandle me!” Ahra squeaked indignantly.



“Yah! I wasnt-”


Smacking her baby brother’s back for one last time, she scuttled into the car with a high pitched squeal before Kyuhyun could attack her.





Settling beside Yesung on the passengers seat,Ahra called out,” Make sure you drop Sungminnie home safely, okay Kyu?”

 


“So-” Sungmin started timidly as the two of them were left standing at the entrance of the restaurant waiting for Kyuhyun’s audi.




Turning to Sungmin with a small smile,Kyuhyun murmured,” Today was fun.”


Stuffing his hands into the pockets of the denims that were hugging his shapely thighs in an ever so snug way, Sungmin answered,” Ahra noona and Yesung are really nice.”

 




“Yeah.”

Kyuhyun mumbled while shifting his weight from one foot to another.


 


Awkward silence.

 



Sungmin jumped slightly feeling his phone vibrate against his thigh, signaling a new incoming text.


Fishing his phone from the depths of his pockets, Sungmin frowned seeing Donghae’s name on the screen.

 

 



The Conjuring was freaking awesome! Hyukkie and I had so much of fun, we didnt miss you at all muhahahha :P

 


Seeing the pout that etched across Sungmin’s bow-shaped lips, Kyuhyun asked gently,” What is the matter?”


Sungmin groaned softly before turning to Kyuhyun,”Ugh it’s my friend- Donghae.”





Sliding into the passenger’s seat of Kyuhyun’s audi, Sungmin whined,”He’s making me jealous!”



Setting the gears of the car, Kyuhyun put his arms on the steering wheel and drove carefully off the pavement.

 




Ignoring the slight pinch of his heart, Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin from the corner of his eyes,” Jealous of-?”


 


Twiddling his thumbs around his phone, Sungmin exclaimed,” Donghae and Hyukjae- my best friend’s boyfriend- they caught up together on a movie that I’d been dying to watch!”

 


Ah!- Best friend and his boyfriend.



Stopping at the traffic light, Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin and asked curiously,”Which movie?”



Punching the keypad of his phone indignantly, Sungmin mumbled,”The Conjuring.”


 


Being the awkward workaholic he was, Kyuhyun had no idea what The Conjuring was about. The last time he’d been to the cinema hall was maybe four years ago?
 



Nevertheless, he murmured,” Oh that! I know that-”






Seeing the traffic light turn green, Kyuhyun blurted,” Wanna catch up on the movie together?”


Clutching the palms of his hands together, Sungmin looked towards Kyuhyun’s side profile concentrated on the large stretch of gray road and whispered shyly,” I’d love that-”



“Then it’s a date.” Kyuhyun mumbled absentmindedly completely oblivious to the look of surprise on Sungmin’s face at his choice of words.

 

 

~tbc