Chapter 15: Flight

To Your Heart

 

[Happy birthday HommieSJ1307 <3 I hope you have a great year ahead :))) ]

 


 

Chapter 15: Flight

 

“Have you packed everything? Clothes, money, your identification....Sungmin, baby look after your brother, he tends to wander about and make sure he takes his pills for anemia and and-”


Sungmin rolled a ballpoint pen between his fingers and leaned back into his chair with a sigh and spoke into the mouthpiece of the phone,”I know mum, I know.”


Just a little more than an hour until Sungmin got out of office- he had to pick up Sungjin from his classes, collect their suitcases and head to the airport for their late night flight with Kyuhyun to Jeju Islands.

 

 

“But Sungminnie!” Sunhee whined making Sungmin chuckle as he imagined his mother with a pout.


“I’ll take care of everything, okay? Just relax with Appa- go out on a date, have fun. Sungjin and I shall be there before you know it!” Sungmin assured her soothingly. 

 

 


Donghae suddenly jumped over to Sungmin’s side and shouted, “Mrs.Lee, your son is smoking weed!” 

Sungmin shot Donghae a dirty look who was bouncing behind him and he hissed furiously,”Shut up!” 

 

“Mrs.Lee he has a huge stash of weed right on the desk!” Donghae yelled gleefully escaping from the punches that Sungmin threw in his direction while balancing the phone in the other hand.


“Sungmin who’s smoking?” Sunhee asked curiously.

 

“NOONE IS!” Sungmin yelled while curling his handkerchief into a small ball and shoving it into Donghae’s mouth before kicking him away.

 

“Ming.” Sunhee spoke skeptically.

 

Sungmin whooped victoriously at Donghae’s sprawled form on the floor and then exclaimed hurriedly, “Mom, its just Donghae being stupid that’s all. You know how he is.” 

 

 

Donghae grimaced and threw away the cloth making sure to give Sungmin a stink eye before speaking sheepishly,”Hi Mrs.Lee.”


“Aigoo how is our Donghae doing? And Hyukjae hmm?” Sunhee asked kindly. After a couple of minutes of mindless chattering, Sungmin spoke slowly,”Mom, I’ll call you again when our plane takes off, alright?” 


Sungmin pursed his lips together as Sunhee rambled again and smiled slightly,” I know mum, I love you too. Say hi to Appa for me?” 

 

 


~~~~


Sungjin pouted and grumbled,” I can’t see why I wasn’t allowed to go with Jongjin. He’s allowed to skip four days of school, why can’t I?” 

 

Sungmin laughed at his younger brother’s incessant whinings,” Because your boyfriend’s brother is getting married. So of course Yesung hyung would want his entire family there. But you won’t be missed at all.” He teased as his brother slouched down further into the seat and pouted more.


“Hyung, you’re too mean!”

 


“Be glad you’re having a spring break now, or mom wouldn’t allow you to attend this wedding.” Sungmin stuck out his tongue before stepping on the accelerator peddle. They had just enough time to head back home, collect their already packed suitcases and catch a cab to the airport. 

 

 

 

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Sungjin spoke in a small voice.

 

 

“Of course Jin, you can tell hyung anything. You know that don’t you?” 

 

 

Sungjin twiddled his thumbs about nervously and asked timidly,” What do you think about Jongjin, Sungmin hyung?”

 


“Well he seems like a nice boy.” Sungmin admitted, stopping the car at at redlight signal and turning towards his younger brother. “Do you love him?” 

 


“I really do like him but I’m not sure I love him just yet; does that even make sense hyung?” Sungjin mumbled slowly.


Sungmin ruffled his brother’s hair gently and smiled,”Perfect sense."

 

 

"Falling in love with someone is a process that you can’t quicken or hurry. In fact the more slowly you go, the more precious it will be. So don’t you worry about that just yet.. You’ll know exactly when you’re in love. It'll hit you like a tonne of bricks, just you see!" 

 

“Do you think you can fall in love with Kyuhyun hyung?” Sungjin asked solemnly. 

 


“I must say Kyuhyun is really nice and I do like him, so maybe? I don’t know Jin. I don’t know.” Sungmin looked straight ahead and stepped on the accelerator again as the signal flashed green.


~~~~

 

“Passport?” 

 


“Check!”

 


“Your medicines?”

 

 

“Check!”

 

 

“Clean underwear?”

 

 

“Hyuuuung.” 

 

“Alright alright, I was just teasing you.” Sungmin chuckled and swung their suitcases into the trunk of the cab that was waiting at the sidewalk. 

 

“Sungjin-ah, go sit in the car and wait for hyung? I’ll just lock the door and be with you in a minute. And go ahead and text Kyuhyun that we’re leaving home, alright?” Sungmin mentioned while placing his phone into Sungjin’s palm.

 

Sungjin nodded solemnly and as soon as his brother turned his back, a cheeky grin came over his lips. 

 

He stuck out his tongue and typed out a message, giggling mentally inside all the time. Sure, he wasn’t gonna approve of Kyuhyun so easily. He wasn’t as forgiving as his elder brother but since his hyung seemed to like Kyuhyun a little, he would have to try. And who says he couldn’t have some fun when it came to it?

 

Kyuuuhyuuuunieee

Sungjin and I are leaving for the airport, see you soon baby :3

 

~~~~

 

Kyuhyun flexed his muscles tiredly and sank into the revolving chair, watching as the client nodded to Zhou Mi before taking his leave,” Finally. He’s gone.”


“Kui Xian! What are you still doing here?! Your flight is another two hours, you need to go and pack.” Zhou Mi nagged and made his way towards the young C.E.O’s desk. 

 

“Just get me a cup of extra strong black coffee, Mi. “ Kyuhyun groaned and placed his face onto the mahogany desk tiredly. 


Kyuhyun took a cautious sip of the coffee minutes later and sighed as he felt the caffeine kicked in, slowly decreasing the exhaustion. His cellphone suddenly tinged signaling an incoming text message. He spluttered out his coffee all over the desk as his eyes scanned the text.


What the...

 


He frowned and pursed his lips together before typing out a reply.

 

Hey Sungjin, tell your brother that I’m about to leave too. And stop meddling with Sungmin’s phone! 

 

He shook his head in disbelief at the instant reply he received


How did you know?! :O

 


I know everything ;p I’ll see you guys at the airport, now put away Sungmin’s phone before he kicks you.

 


Kyuhyun could imagine Sungmin’s furious face and a quivering Sungjin in his inner eye and he laughed at the mental image.

 

He gulped down the remaining of the coffee before rushing out of the office in a hurry.


~~~~

 


“Greaaaat. The flights still yet to arrive.” Sungjin kicked the wheel of his suitcase as Sungmin crooned his neck to check out the scheduled flight timings. 

 

“Hush, Sungjin go and sit somewhere while I go and ask alright?” Sungmin spoke comfortingly to his younger brother, handing him the suitcases. 

 

 


“Sit? WHERE?!” Sungjin whined loudly while flapping his arms comically at the number of people in the airport. It was the spring break after all and the evening flights were always slightly crowded. 


“Just go!” Sungmin pushed Sungjin lightly while frowning at the flashing flight schedules being put up on the screen. Where was Cho Kyuhyun again?  

 

 

“Sungjin-ah why are you sitting on the floor?” Sungmin demanded as he strided towards his younger brother sitting meekly near the suitcases. 


“But hyung everyone’s sitting like that.” Sungjin pointed out.

 

 

“Ah never mind.” Sungmin muttered and plopped down beside his brother.

 

 

“The flight has been delayed by twenty minutes..so all we can do now is wait.” Sungmin finished regretfully eyeing the clock behind the water cooler. 

 

Sungjin snuggled closer to Sungmin’s shoulder and simply hummed back a response. Sungmin was about to dial Kyuhyun’s number when all of a sudden a coffee cup was in front of his face, “Huh?”

 

“Coffee?”

 

He raised his eyes only to glue them to a pair of long legs and a grinning face.

 


“Kyuhyun?!”

 

 

 

"You're here!" He exclaimed while wrapping his fingers around the cup gratefully. Sungmin swallowed the piping hot beverage gladly and saw Kyuhyun placing a soda can into Sungjin’s arms from the corner of his eyes.

 


“Thank you.” Sungmin spoke gratefully as he scooted further into Sungjin’s side to make room for Kyuhyun to sit.

 

 

 

Kyuhyun scooted down to the floor and sat down quickly causing his shoulders to brush against Sungmin’s lightly causing an unexpected spark at the contact.


“ We’ve just gotta wait for a couple of minutes.” Kyuhyun muttered as Sungmin nodded with his eyes glued to the screen flashing the schedules of the flights.

 


 


Sungjin whooped as soon as his eyes landed on the window seat and started hurried towards it, causing Sungmin to smack his back for he accidentally pushed Kyuhyun into a woman standing behind them. Mumbling soft apologies to the glaring woman, Kyuhyun followed Sungmin and sank into the seat.

 

He observed the two brothers squabbling together in amusement. Kyuhyun chose to sit at corner seat, allowing Sungmin to sit between him and his brother.

 

He bit back a smile as Sungmin hit Sungjin’s shoulders for one last time before taking out his cellphone to text his mother. Sungmin knew that Sunhee might be thinking about them already, and he didn't want to cause her even more worry since it was the first time that Sungjin was flying out without her.


The duration of the flight was not so long...only about forty minutes so the plane soon touched on the runways; jolting their passengers off the seats as its wheel hit the ground. 


“Hello Jeju Islands.” Sungjin grinned brightly while squishing his face against the window excitedly. 

 

“Sungmin hyung, we’re here!” 

 

--tbc--
 


[A/N]

I updated quickly? Hehehehe I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter <3 

 

 What's gonna happen in Jeju Islands? Hmmm :)))  Do leave me comments, looking forward to hearing from each and everyone of you   (*^3^)/~☆

 

 Upvote if you like reading this~ thank you so much