Chapter 13: Unexpected Meetings

To Your Heart

 


 

“Kyuhyun-ah that’s coffee you’re pouring into the pancakes!” Hannah shrieked smacking her son’s hand away.


Kyuhyun groaned softly and eyed his mother questioningly as she removed his plate in distaste. He blinked sleepily as she proceeded to pour some syrup into a fresh batch of pancakes and placed them onto the table.

 

 

“Why are you so sleepy today, Kyuhyun?”She asked eyeing her son worriedly.


asdfhsgdhgdhsfjs.”

 

 

“Eh?” 


“Mom, just throw some iced water at Kyubaby, maybe that will wake him up.” Ahra giggled.

 

 

 

“Hush now, Ahra.. Did he drink last night?” Hannah eyed Kyuhyun suspiciously as the latter kept swaying over the dining table.

 

 

Ahra waved her mother off and answered, “Nah, Kyubaby was out on a date with Sungminnie.” 

 

“Really now?” Hannah perched her elbows onto the table eyeing her daughter in interest. 

 

 


“And how do you now that huh?”

 


Ahra simply smiled mysteriously and spoke,”I have my sources.” Hannah chuckled lightly and shook her head in amusement.

 

“Well, Ahra tell Kyuhyunnie to get home early. The Lee’s are coming over for dinner and we have your special announcement to make.”Hannah smiled motherly patting her daughter’s shoulders gently.

 

 

 

“Of course Mom.”

 

Mrs.Cho went on to say, “I already called up Sunhee and they’re all set for tonight. My baby is getting married in two weeks !” She squealed in excitement.

 


Ahra flushed red and protested,”Mom, I’m not a little girl anymo-”

 


“Oh shut up you! The both of you will forever be my little cute babies.” Hannah ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair affectionately earning a low growl of indignance from the sleepy man.


“So we’re going shopping for your wedding dress in two days right?” 

 

 


“Yeah the schedule for the dress is the day after tomorrow. And we’re going to the florists tomorrow.” Ahra explained.


“I still can’t believe my little girl is getting married.” Hannah exclaimed excitedly. “Time flies by so fast.”

 


“Well, I can’t believe that anyone would agree to marry this monster.” Kyuhyun pipped up unexpectedly.

“How dare you say that Kyubaby!” Ahra yelled furiously and threw a spoon over her brother’s head. “And I thought you were asleep!” 

 

 

“I was until you started yelling in your monstrous voice!” Kyuhyun exclaimed tossing the table napkin to Ahra’s head. 

“You’re getting married too! I really feel sorry for Sungmin.. he’ll have to deal with your stupidness .” Ahra argued.

 


“What the hell Ahra noona, Sungmin knows I’m not stupid!”

 


Hannah’s ears perked up at the small exchange between her two children. Kyuhyun didn’t bother to protest about getting married to Sungmin?

 

Interesting. Very very interesting.

 

Ahra waved him off,”Whatever, just be here for dinner on time, alright. Or else I’ll chop off your hair.”

“Kyuhyun-ah be careful while driving to the office!” Hannah called out to her son as the latter stormed towards the door.

 

 

“Ahra, accompany your brother. We dont want him to bang his car to a lamp post now.” She asked her daughter who giggled in amusement and followed Kyuhyun who seemed to be having trouble with his coat.

 

“I’m driving Kyubaby.” She sang plucking the car keys from Kyuhyun’s fingers, not even giving the struggling sleepy male a second to protest.

 

 

~~

 


“Ming, what happened?” Donghae exclaimed seeing Sungmin walk into their shared cabin the next morning.

Sungmin shot the gaping male a look before setting down his bag onto the desk. He flexed his back muscles tiredly and proceeded to sink into the chair. 

 


“You look like you haven't slept for ten years, Sungmin.” Donghae remarked eyeing his co-worker in worry.


Sungmin groaned and banged his head onto the smooth surface of the desk and murmured,”Go away, Donghae.”

 


“Aww don’t be like that. Tell Haehae all about it.”Donghae cooed while pushing his cup of steaming hot coffee towards his friend.


Sungmin accepted the mug gratefully and gulped down the warm beverage,”Thanks Donghae.”

 

 

“So what happened huh? You went out with Kyuhyun.. Did he do something bad to you?” Donghae questioned sharply.

 


Sungmin bit back a smile at his friend’s concern- Donghae might be an airhead sometimes, clumsy and fool-like but he was damn protective about the people he loves.

“No no, nothing of that sort. It was quite the opp-” 

 

 

After taking a couple of sips of the liquid, Sungmin admitted,”What I mean to say is that I couldn't sleep a wink last night. That movie made me really squeamish and restless-”

“Are you sure that’s the reason why?” Donghae eyed Sungmin skeptically, as far as he’d known Sungmin wasn’t the type to loose sleep over some horror movie.

 


“Of course.” Sungmin insisted, pushing the empty mug away and shuffling the papers over the desk.

 

Of course not.


~~

 

 

 

“Everything has to be perfect for tonight!” Mrs.Cho clapped her hands as their house help scuttled around the dining room, arranging flowers exquisitely. Sunhee and her family were visiting her home for the first time- so everything had to be simply splendid.

 

 

“My my, everything is so nicely done.” YoungHwan remarked standing behind his wife with his eyes twinkling in amusement at Hannah’s excitement.

 

 

Hannah turned abruptly at the voice and then smiled,”The Lee’s are visiting us after all-” She tiptoed and leaned over her husband’s form, smoothening the creases over his shirt affectionately.


“Oh it will be.” YoungHwan smiled back gently in response.

 


“They’ll be here anytime now, where is that Cho Kyuhyun and Kim Yesung!” Ahra screeched rushing up and down hall. “I swear if Yesung is late I'm gonna- hey baby.” She cooed and rushed towards her fiance who shot her an apologetic look.

 

 

“What took you so long? Where’s Kyuhyun?” She rambled looping her arm into Yesung’s and leading the man into the living room.

 

“There was a lot of traffic babe, and about Kyuhyun .. he said that he’d be running a little late.” 

 


“Mom, Kyubaby always does this!” Ahra whined shooting her mother a exasperated look. “That workaholic bish.” 

“Ahra!” Yesung squawked covering his fiance’s mouth with his palm; looking scandalized. 

 

Hannah shook her head in amusement and commented,”Well, let’s just hope Kyuhyunnie will be home before Sunhee and her family arrives.”

 


~~

 


“Sungjin where are you?” Sungmin mumbled looking at the entrance of the school where his little brother was studying in. Like a good hyung, Sungmin volunteered to pick up Sungjin from his extra classes that weekend, so that the two could directly reach Kyuhyun’s place for the dinner reunion party.

 

 

Sungmin squinted as his eyes fell upon the familiar mop of brown hair on the pavement; wasn’t that Kyuhyun? He snickered as Kyuhyun kick the tyre of his audi in frustration and then hobbled painfully on one foot. 


Kyuhyun’s scrunched up face, his aura of irritation reminded Sungmin of a ... cute baby? Shaking his head in amusement, Sungmin fished out his cellphone from his pockets and dialed Kyuhyun’s number.

 

 

Kyuhyun gave an exasperated sigh, frowning upon his audi.. He should have known better than to allow his haram-scarum sister to drive them to their workplaces that morning.

The poor audi’s engine refused to start and Kyuhyun mentally cursed his darling Noona viciously. He was never ever, ever gonna let Ahra drive again. 

 

 


He’d already called up the mechanic.. he could have pipped in with one of his employees for a ride home but as luck would have it, Kyuhyun stayed up after the office hours, signing documents and approving of deals and now there was barely any time to go for the dinner party tonight, and he was stranded in the middle of nowhere. With no help in sight apart from a school.. so basically Cho Kyuhyun was doomed.

 

 


Sungmin laughed quietly to himself as Kyuhyun proceeded to fumbled into his pockets to locate his ringing phone, such a dork. It seemed that Kyuhyun had this entirely different side to him; a childish, adorable side. 

 


Kyuhyun glued his ear to his cellphone and squawked at the warm voice infiltering his system,”Stop frowning you big baby CEO.”  

 

 

“Sungmin?! How did you-” Kyuhyun gasped in response, looking all around him to search for his ‘fiance’.

Sungmin chuckled more seeing Kyuhyun peering down the street looking for him,”Look straight to your right.”

 

 

 Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as they fell upon Sungmin inside the car, waving to him with a small smile on his lips. 

“Oh thank god.” Kyuhyun murmured in relief before shutting off the phone and jogging across the desolate road .

 


 Sungmin rolled down the window of his car and commented,”You getting in or what?” 

 


“What are you doing here?” 

 

“I have to pick up Sungjinnie from his classes before we head off to your place.” Sungmin answered transferring his laptop from the passenger’s seat to the back so that Kyuhyun could slid in beside him.

 


Kyuhyun sat beside Sungmin stiffly, feeling really awkward; and not to forget the usual silence surrounding the duo.


“We’re running late aren’t we?” Kyuhyun finally remarked loosening his tie and cracking his knuckles. 

 

 


“Late?! We have a sufficient time , Kyuhyun.”

 

“What?!” Kyuhyun yelled out incredulously. He snatched a very surprised Sungmin’s arm and peered down on the latter’s wristwatch.

 

 

“It’s just half past six? Oh god, Ahra noona. I thought it was past seven!” Kyuhyun scowled sinking back into the seat. 


“That monster changed the time on my watch! She must have done it while I was asleep in the car. I could barely keep my eyes open after yesterda-” 

 

 

Sungmin turned crimson and glued his eyes out of the window, feeling too embarrassed to look at Kyuhyun; he twiddled his thumbs hesitatingly before mumbling in a soft voice,” Yesterday was fun.”

 

“Yeah. It was. ” Kyuhyun admitted with a warm smile; the last time he had a good time with anyone was... let’s just say it was a long time ago, okay?!

 


Awkward silence.

 

 

Sungmin suddenly started, ” We should go out again soon.. you know our agreement.”

 


“Right. Our agreement.” Kyuhyun answered in a daze.

 


Suddenly, Sungmin shot up straight in his seat; eyeing as a group of students emerged from the school gates. 


His eyes widened as a young boy wrapped his arm around his little brother’s waist; both of them snuggling and laughing together.

 

 


”S-sungjin?!” Sungmin spluttered in surprise, his baby brother was dating someone?  Kyuhyun turned towards Sungmin at the former’s surprised tone and his jaws dropped seeing a very familiar face.

 

“Jongjin?!” 

 

Sungmin turned to Kyuhyun sharply and exclaimed,” You know the guy who’s with Sungjinnie? Who is he, what is he doing? I’m gonna kill-”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and hurriedly answered,”Calm down, Sungmin-ah. Jongjin is Yesung hyung’s younger brother..

 

 

“He’s a good kid really.” He added seeing Sungmin narrow his eyes at the sight of the two teens cuddling against each other. 


Sungmin honked the horn of the car furiously and glared upon Sungjin and Jongjin who separated quickly with guilty all over their faces. With an expression of a deer caught in headlights, Sungjin pulled Jongjin by the arm and the duo jogged to Sungmin’s car.

 

 


Sungmin motioned both of them to get in and the boys slid into the backseat sheepishly.

 


“Oh, Kyu hyung you on a date? Cool!” Jongjin mumbled seeing Kyuhyun sitting beside Sungmin, staring back at them.


Seeing Sungjin shoot Kyuhyun a glare, Sungmin hurriedly went on to say,” This is not about the two of us! Jinnie-ah, you better start babbling young man.” 

 

 

Sungjin scratched the back of his neck nervously and then smiled as Jongjin squeezed his hand reassuringly,” Sungmin hyung, meet my boyfriend, Jongjin.” 


“Jinnie-ah, you had your special someone and you didn't tell me?” Sungmin pouted looking crestfallen.

 

 

“You didn't tell me about your special someone either.” Sungjin replied eyeing the passenger seat in distaste where Kyuhyun was observing the entire scene.

 

“What?!” Sungmin squeaked while Kyuhyun choked on saliva. 


“Oh so he’s your fiance that Yesung hyung was telling mom about! Congratulations Kyu hyung.”  Jongjin pipped in happily. 

 

 

 

Seeing Sungmin bury his face into his palms, Kyuhyun mumbled with a sigh,” Let’s just go to the dinner party, shall we?”

 

 

~~

 


“Kyubaby! Do you have any clue how late you are.” Ahra scolded her brother, the second he stepped into the door. 


“I know you’re lying Noona, nice prank.” Kyuhyun eyed his sister in distaste as Ahra coughed awkwardly making up excuses.

 

 


“Oh Sungminnie is here too!” She exclaimed in glee, latching onto Sungmin’s arm and pulling him inside; happy about the distraction. There was no way her brother would attack her in Sungmin’s presence, right?

 

 


“Ahra noona, I’m here too.” Jongjin protested while helping Sungjin hang his coat over the door. 

 

“My little Jinnie.” Ahra cooed and squished her fiance’s brother. 

 

 


“ And other Jinnie!” “ She squealed and raised her hands to squish a stunned Sungjin’s cheeks only to be blocked by Jongjin. 


“Where’s Yeye hyung, Noona?” Jongjin asked her before clasping on Sungjin’s arm and pulling him into the house. 

 

 

“He’s inside with everybody else.” Ahra explained taking Jongjin’s arm and leading them into the drawing hall where Hannah, Sunhee and her husbands were chatting happily.

 


Sungmin stumbled against the carpet and was timely saved from a faceplant by Kyuhyun, who immediately rested his hand on Sungmin’s lower back, steadying him. 


Sungmin stiffened at the warmth on his back and murmuring a quick word of gratitude, marched mechanically towards the elders.

 

 

“Minnie-ah, Jinnie-ah come on sit beside me.” Sunhee whispered to her two sons, while patting the couch.

 

 


Hannah smiled as Ahra and Yesung, stood in the front. Yesung looped an arm around Ahra’s waist and murmured,”Everyone we have an announcement to make.”


“Ahra and I are getting married in two weeks.” Yesung beamed.  “You are cordially invited to Jeju island to stay with us for the marriage ceremony and give us your blessings.” 

 


A half eaten cheese ball fell from Sungjin’s mouth as he screeched,”We’re going to Jeju islands?!” 

Jongjin snickered and elbowed his boyfriend while Sungmin slapped his brother’s back lightly.

 

 

Ahra smiled warmly at Sunhee and Chunhwa and added,” Yesung and I wanted you to be the first ones to know.”

Sunhee giggled adorably and remarked,” My my~ It seems like just yesterday, Ahra was running around the hospital room calling me cookie lady. And now she’s grown up to be such a beautiful young woman.”

 

 

Ahra and Yesung beamed joyfully as they all toasted to the upcoming marriage; she mentally cackled seeing her Kyubaby staring at Sungmin across the table. 

 

Oh she had many plans in store for them; Sungmin and Kyuhyun would hardly know what hit them.


[A/N]

It's been months since the last update ;~; I hope there are people who are still reading this meheheh :3