Prologue: What The Christmas Eve Brings

To Your Heart

 

Ps: Cho YoungHwan and Cho Hannah-Kyuhyun's parents.
Lee Chunhwa and Lee Sunhee- Sungmin's parents.


 

Prologue: What The Christmas Eve Brings

 

 

 


Christmas Eve. The year of 1989.



"Darling, are you ready to leave for the hospital?" Cho YoungHwan asked his eight month pregnant wife lovingly,caressing her back comfortably.

Cho Hannah smiled," Of course~"



YoungHwan called for his three year old daughter,"Ahra, let's go baby girl.. Mommy has to go to the hospital."

Ahra put down the comb that she was using for styling her doll's hair and chirped," Okay, Daddy.."




Leaving a plate of chocolate cookies and a glass of milk on the table for Santa, she giggled joyfully as her father tickled her before making her wear the pink jacket and the mittens.

It was winter after all, and the neighbourhood was completely painted white with snow. It was a magical evening.



The little family of three with an expecting addition, drove to the Sunshine Hospital, a couple of miles from their apartment.

Hannah exchanged secret glances with her husband while rubbing her protuding belly tenderly. YoungHwan squeezed her hand reassuringly, already knowing what his wife was asking him about.




Ahra's presents.

He had carefully sneaked back into their living room as Hannah and Ahra were seated in the car, and had arranged presents under the foot of the christmas tree.



He quitely signed the papers at the reception counter, requesting for room sharing after Hannah had admantly refused to have a special isolated room. Well, Hannah loved to mingle and talk to people so it wasnt much of a surprise to him there.


He read the name of the woman sharing the room with his wife. Lee Sunhee.



Clutching Ahra's tiny hand into his, he walked to the room where his wife was currently admitted to. He found Hannah and another pregnant lady chattering merrily, like long-lost friends.



He shook his head fondly seeing Hannah's eyes sparkle as she spoke to the other lady animatedly.

Stretching her hands towards her husband, Hannah motioned for him to come closer and spoke excitedly," YoungHwan... This is Sunhee, she's nine months pregnant. Isn't that amazing?"




YoungHwan smiled politely at Sunhee and nodded to her.

Ahra clutched her father's trousers and peered at Sunhee shyly, hiding behind YoungHwan's leg protectively.



Hannah cooed softly," Ahra, come to mommy. Aunty Sunhee here is also expecting a baby like mommy.. Isn't that great?"

Ahra flushed pink and walked hesitantly to her mother's outstretched arms," Aunty Sunhee?"



Sunhee smiled softly at the little girl cuddling into the warmth of her mother's embrace and replied sweetly,"What is it sweetheart?"

"Do you have cookies? " Ahra asked cutely widening her puppy-like eyes at Sunhee.


YoungHwan facepalmed at his daughter's awkward question whereas Sunhee laughed merrily and ruffled Ahra's hair affectionately.

"I don't but..." Her sentence was interrupted by the door of the room being opened with a loud thud.

 

 


"Sunhee.. I got your treats for you,sweetheart.." heaved a man walking towards the said lady quickly.

Sunhee chirped happily," Right on time. Hannah and YoungHwan-shii meet my husband Lee Chunhwa."

 



Chunhwa nodded politely at Hannah and Younghwan and smiled tenderly at his wife," Not more than two cookies, Sunhee. Our baby is gonna come out soon, dear. "

Sunhee pouted at her husband cutely and mumbled," Alright. Ahra, you can have them.."

 



Chunhwa laughed heartily and pressed Sunhee's shoulder's affectionately

Who knew this little meeting would affect not only their lives but also the life of two men years later.

 

 


~*~*~



"Sunhee?" Hannah mumbled in middle of their daily korean drama watching in the confines of their room.
 

 


It had been five days since Cho Hannah had been moved to the SunShine Hospital and it had been amazing five days.

 

Full of laughter, teasing and joy. Both the pregnant women felt themselves back into the seventies when they were at school.  Life was good.
 

 


Sunhee mumbled cutely wiping her bow shaped lips from all the cookie crumbs," What is it Hannah?"


"I have been thinking.." Hannah replied with sparkling eyes.

 

 


"Okaaay~?"
 


"We should make a pact."
 

 


Sunhee looked curiously at her best friend and hummed," About what?"


"A betrothal~! Between our soon-to-be-born children."Hannah spoke with her eyes twinkling in mirth

"Oh my gosh... Hannah!" squealed Sunhee excitedly.

 

 



"It would be amazing if we could go from being friends to family" Sunhee rambled thinking about the future.

Hannah laughed at her friend's cheerful response and said," Yeah.. it would be lovely indeed~"

 

 


After signing neatly on a sheet of paper which laid down their pact of betrothal between their children.

 

The two women squealed excitedly and embraced each other warmly, in anticipation  of what the future might bring for them twenty-three years from now.
 

 

~*~*~

 



Lee Sunhee smiled softly glancing the picture of Cho Hannah and herself posing with baby Sungmin. That picture brought so many precious memories from the time she was pregnant with Sungmin.

 

It had been twenty-three years already but those few weeks with Cho Hannah stirred a certain special spot in her heart.
 


Reading the  betrothal pact they had signed ages ago, she smiled joyfully and whispered," It is time.."
 

-tbc-