Chapter 2: The Meeting

To Your Heart

 


 

 

 

Chapter 2: The Meeting

 

 

 



"Aggrhh.. What is my life.." Sungmin groaned leaning back into the revolving chair.

"What's wrong Sungminnie? You can tell Docter Hae all about it."




"Donghae this is not a good time to be stupid." Sungmin grumbled ignoring the whines of Hyukkie-thinks-its-cute from the fluffy ball of energy.

"I'm in a midlife crisis right now. And all you can think of is your stupid Hyukkie."

 

 




"Hey! Hyukkie just happens to be my boyfriend you know?!" Donghae retorted whacking his best friend's bare arm with his mousepad.
 


Sungmin scoffed before pinching Donghae's arm viciously," I do know. Seeing the both of you practically each other's face off since high school keeps reminding me of it."


 



Donghae shrugged cutely and mocked the fuming male playfully," You could be doing that too tonight. Who knows? Our Little Sungminnie might finally get laid."


"Are you ing crazy?! You disgust me, Hae." Sungmin cried out, covering his ears in repulsion. Hardly had five seconds past by when he felt a small finger poking his shoulder.




"Go away."Sungmin sulked and moved his chair further away from Donghae's.

 



"Sungminnie.."




Sungmin pouted fiercely," I don't know you anymore."

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to bring up your virgi-"

 

"HAE!"

 

Throwing an infuriated Sungmin a sheepish look, Donghae smiled, "Keeping my mouth shut."


Sungmin sighed in despair before savagely chomping on his coleslaw sandwich,  "What am I supposed to do? I don't want to see some old erted geezer at the restuarant!"

Donghae deadpanned," Didn't you say you were a month older?"





Sungmin hastily took a sip from his pumpkin juice and mumbled in a low voice,"..kinda?"

"You're such a wuss, Sungmin." Donghae scolded slurping his strawberry milkshake.


 


"...."




"YAH! Don't call me a wuss." Sungmin yelled blindly throwing a piece of letteuce from his salad that very conviniently took a projectile and landed on Donghae's head.

"No food fight in the office." Heechul drawled in poking his head into Sungmin and Donghae's cabin.


 



Yes, the two men shared the work space and it was the lunch hour at the moment. A perfect time for Sungmin to rant about the big announcement his mother had dropped on him in the morning.



"And congratulations on the engagement, Sungmin." Heechul grinned before fleeing for his life.



 



"YOU TOLD HIM?" Sungmin yelled standing up abruptly and walking menancingly towards his best-friend-who-turned-out-to-be-a-traitor.

Donghae yelped, cowering his arms over his head." I would never!"


 




"Out of all the people in the office, you told Kim Freaking Heechul?!"

"Hey, I heard that." Heechul's indignant voice echoed outside.

 





Donghae pushed Sungmin back into his chair and shoved a piece of broccoli into Sungmin's mouth and mumbled," You know Heechul, he has ears everywhere Sungminnie. I wouldn't do that to you~"


Sungmin spat out the piece of broccoli that landed on Donghae's photoframe of his precious Hyukkie," You jerk you feeding me uncooked food?! That broccoli is raw!"



 



Donghae tilted his head cutely and replied,"Is it now? Hyukkie kept jumping me when I was cooking..meh no wonder."

Sungmin's eyes widened in horror and screamed," You fed me something that..Oh God, Hae! What do I do with you?"



 



"Is something the matter, Sungmin-shi?" Kibum asked softly standing on the doorstep of the cabin.



Sungmin panicked at the voice (which happened to dreaded a lot thank you very much) before collecting his wits around and answering smoothly," Everything is alright, Kibum-shi.."

After their boss left, Donghae smiled smugly," He totally has the hots for you, Min."



 



Sungmin visibly flinched at Donghae's words and whined," Can you please not remind me of that? That man is creepy."

Donghae patted Sungmin's shoulders comfortingly,"Did he ask you out again?"




Sungmin groaned," He did not fortunately, but I just feel so uncomfortable, Hae. If it werent for the pay, I would have totally left this company months ago."


Donghae mumbled swirling his fork into the salad and picking out a piece of zucchini and shoving it to his mouth," He didnt do anything inappropriate to you, right?"


 




"What? Of course not, as if he could attempt anything. But still its disturbing.." Sungmin trailed off.

Donghae glanced at the clock clinging to the wall and sighed," There goes our lunch break, Sungmin. Let's get back to work."


 




"Can you come with me,Hae?" Sungmin mumbled slowly as he gathered around the food wrappers and proceeded to throw it away into the wastebin.


 



"Huh go where?"

"To met that Cho Kyuhyun freak. Accompany me pleaaaaase?"



"I can't today Min, I'm sorry but Hyukjae said that he has plans for us tonight, if you know what I mean?" Donghae answered with a suggestive wink.


"Good heavens, stop putting gross images of you two ing!" 

 

Donghae stuck out his tongue cheekily and arranged his papers properly on the desk.

 

"You're such a good friend to me, Hae." Sungmin retorted sarcastically.





Donghae flipped his hair,"Of course I am. Now call Mr. Shin and ask him about him finalising the deal."

Sungmin pulled a face before leaning over his desk and reaching out for the telephone and punching in few numbers.


 

 


***
 



"Soooo~"


"Go away Zhoumi, don't bother me. I'm busy. " Kyuhyun snarled as he furiously typed into the computer.




"Oh come on Kui Xian, tell me what dinner meeting was Mr. Cho talking about earlier?" Zhoumi asked curiously poking Kyuhyun's arm every two seconds.




"You better stop poking me like the three year old you are and scram before I burn all your purses."

"What?! I dont have purses. Henry, tell Kui Xian that I dont own purses." Zhoumi whined.



Henry rolled his eyes at how childish his hyungs were being. Taking internship under the Cho company had been great. But, Dealing with Kyuhyun and Zhoumi? Not so much.

Kyuhyun banged his fist on the mohogany desk causing the green tea to splatter on the top.





"If I tell you, will you stop eating my head and leave me alone for the rest of my life?" Kyuhyun asked adamantly.



Zhoumi scoffed," You would be a savage cave man if it werent for me, Kui Xian."

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrow in plain disbelief," Really? Do you actually believe that?"




Yesung poked his head into Kyuhyun's cabin and exclaimed teasingly," Kyunnie~"

Kyuhyun breathed a sigh of relief," Yesung Hyung, Zhoumi and Henry are annoying the crap out of me. Can I fire them?"




Yesung cruised past a pouting Zhoumi and a mildly interested Henry wrestling with a paper jammed into the printer.

"Of course not, Kyuhyun. So are you all set for the date in the evening?"




"Date? What date? Oh my God. I knew it! Kui Xian are you dating someone? How could you not tell me! I have to think about your clothes and your hair. Everything has to be perfect. Oh my goodness!" Zhoumi rambled.


"Calm the down, Zhoumi." Kyuhyun answered grinding his teeth irritably.




Yesung smacked Kyuhyun's shoulders lightly,"No cussing Cho."

"But Hyung.." Kyuhyun protested.




"Alrighty, boys get back to work." Yesung instructed the inquistive couple who sighed disappointedly before going out of Kyuhyun's cabin.




Zhoumi smacked Henry's playfully causing the smaller boy to yelp embarrassedly,"G-gege.. Wrapping an arm around Henry's shoulder's the duo slipped out of the cabin.





"Kyuhyun-ah.." Yesung started slowly.


"I will met the guy, Yesung Hyung." Kyuhyun answered with a sigh.

 

 



Yesung smiled softly," Sungmin-shi might be a nice person. You never know right? Maybe it is time to settle, Kyuhyun-ah. And find your happiness."



Kyuhyun stared at Yesung before bursting out in incontrollable guffaws.

 

 


"Ahra Noona has made you so soft and girly, Hyung.. Do you even hear how cheesy you sound?" Kyuhyun exclaimed while feigning to wipe tears from his eyes.


 


Yesung simply rolled his eyes and mumbled a low whatever and sat on Kyuhyun's desk.


"Are you gonna sit here for the rest of the evening, Hyung?" Kyuhyun asked eyeing Yesung skeptically.

 

 



Turning his eyes back to the screen of the computer, Kyuhyun continued " I know Noona sent you to keep a watch on me. But Hyung, I'll meet the scrawny gold digger.. You dont have to worry."


Yesung deadpanned," Sure you will. And just for the record, Ahra... umm did not set me up here."

 

 



Kyuhyun rolled his eyes," Appa said I could handle the deal, Yesung Hyung. The deal with Mr. Kim. Like seriously. It's a huge thing. I cant blow it up."




"Such a nerd." Yesung teased playfully before sliding down the desk.

"Alright Kyuhyun-ah, be a good little boy and behave. Give Sungmin-shi a chance, alright?" With that Yesung waved Kyuhyun goodbye ignoring Kyuhyun's protests of I-am-not-a-little-boy-how-dare-you.

 

 



Kyuhyun gulped down his green tea and screamed as the super hot liquid burned his tongue.


Outside Zhoumi giggled into Henry's ear at the reception desk," Kui Xian is on his man period again."


 


~~~~~~~



Sungmin sighed for the millionth time that day as he glanced at the clock. It was nearly half past five and his dinner meeting with the Cho Kyuhyun freak was scheduled in an hour and a half.




He poked Donghae who had one hand sprawled over the desk and the other on the keyboard," Hae. Dont tell me you actually dozed off! We're done for the day..Let's go"



Donghae blinked dazedly and almost fell off the chair," I wasnt sleeping! I was just.. yeah.. resting my eyes."



 



Sungmin rolled his eyes in disbelief and pulled Donghae to his feet," You owe me a blueberry cheescake, fishy. I have to meet that freak in an hour and a half. And I dont want to go home. Umma would probably nag me like anything. So I'll probably just directly go to the restaurant."

 
Seeing Kibum appear from his cabin, Sungmin hastily dragged Donghae to the elevator and sighed in relief as the doors closed before their creepy boss could talk to them.




Donghae paid for Sungmin's blueberry cheesecake and two servings of strawberry cake and collected the pastries from the counter and walked carefully to the table where Sungmin and Hyukjae were talking.

He tripped on his own feet and sent the tray flying across the table. Sungmin shrieked as the tray comically slid across the smooth surface and put out a hand to bring it to a halt.


 

 


After scolding Donghae for being his own clumsy fishy self, the trio settled down quietly and devoured on the toothsome pastry.


"Sooo.." Hyukjae started all of a sudden.



 


Sungmin immediately answered," Dont. Hyukjae if you know what is good for your pea sized brain. Dont bring up that.. freak."

Hyukjae protested while stretching his arm to the back of Donghae's chair," I wasnt asking about that Sungmin. I swear."




Sungmin eyed the guilty monkey faced male skeptically and replied sarcastically," Sure you weren't."

 



~~~~~~~~
 

 



After waving Donghae and Hyukjae goodbye, Sungmin pulled his coat closer to himself and shuddered as the evening wind brushed past him.
 

 


He hailed a cab and slide into the seat and mumbled," 21st Street, Samwon Garden."

The pudgy man nodded slightly and pressed down the accelerator.


 

 


Sungmin paid the cab driver and muttered a light keep-the-change and sighed looking at the restaurant.
 



Well, he was a couple of minutes late but it was the evening bustling traffic after all.

 

And he did not look forward to the meeting with the stranger at all. With a heavy heart, he gave his overcoat to the lady at the reception and was directed to an opulent table.
 


He hated this.

A extravagant restaurant.

 

 

They might have agreed to meet up at the popular fast food joint, if it were up to him.
 

 



Sungmin refused the server giving him the carte, it was not polite to order his food choices before the arrival of his company after all. He smiled softly and answered," I'm expecting company.."


The server nodded in response and poured water into the crystal blue glass.


 

 



He sighed looking at the door, trying to see who could be the possible Cho Kyuhyun. He took a small sip from the glass, the liquid moistening his bow shaped lips and widened his eyes as a very unpleasant ridiculously paunchy man walked into the restaurant.

'He isnt Cho Kyuhyun, is he?' Sungmin thought skeptically.  The man looked over thirties but silly Sungmin couldnt help but wonder.


 




He heaved a sigh of relief as the whale-like man squashed into a chair located a few tables ahead of the one he was occupying.

He tore his eyes off the man as he looked up suddenly and grimaced at him. Sungmin lowered his head embarassedly and twirled his phone. A sign that he was nervous and feeling jittery.


 

 


Half an hour.



Fourty five minutes.
 



And no sign of Cho Kyuhyun.



Sungmin was now positively famished and annoyed. Where the was the jerk?

 


An hour and fifteen minutes.

 



The server looked at Sungmin pitifully, thinking he had been stood up.

Sungmin just smiled softly as he nodded in acknowledgement as he poured him another glass of water.

 

 

 

Ten more minutes. And he's done waiting for the jerk.
 




Kyuhyun threw the keys to his black audi to the valet boy and strode into the restuarant with a powerful aura enveloping him.

He glanced at the table the lady-in-charge was pointing to and he glared at the petite man smiling softly at the server.

 

 

 



Looks like he was right.

 

Lee Sungmin was a treacherous gold digger, a thieving jerk.

 




He coolly approached the table and drew out the chair smoothly. Kyuhyun's eyes hardened at the man staring at him. He brushed past the server pouring him water and slammed a cheque book onto the table much to the surprise of Sungmin.
 

 



He clicked his pen and glared at the man seated across him,"How much?"

 

 


Sungmin could barely register what the hell was going on.

He asked slowly," You're Cho Kyuhyun?"

 



Kyuhyun dismissed Sungmin with a flap of his hand and repeated the question while gritting his teeth," How much?"


Sungmin answered unsurely," What?"


 



Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and blazed," You're after our money, arent you? A treacherous thieving jerk."


Sungmin narrowed his eyes," Wait a sec.."



 


Kyuhyun cut off Sungmin's sentence and exclaimed," Tell me how much you want. You're doing this for our fortune arent you? So tell me what amount you want and get this over with."


Sungmin pressed his nails into his palm trying to control his fury," What are you talking about?"

 

 



Kyuhyun narrowed his into a glare," Isnt that what you are? A worthless filthy gold digger?"
 



Splash~

 



Sungmin stood up shaking in plain anger and and clanked down his now empty glass of water on the table forcefully.
 

 



He looked furiously into the eyes of the now completely drenched man," How ing dare you?"


"You made me wait for nearly two hours and how dare you say that about someone whom you've never met? " Sungmin spat infuriatedly.

 



Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin in disbelief completely disarmed and speechless at Sungmin's outburst.


"You better get your facts straight you demented . I couldnt care two s about your money. You are an egoistic shameless jerk. I hope to never see you again."

 

 


Kyuhyun opened his mouth to say something but Sungmin cut him off smoothly," And yeah...have a nice evening, moron."
 

 



With that Sungmin banged a couple of money notes onto the table and spoke to the gaping server," Thank you for waiting on me tonight. Good night."


And he strode towards the exit furiously, grabbed his coat and opened the door shaking in anger.



He hailed a cab and muttered his home address quickly. Sungmin kept clenching and unclenching his palms tightly.

 

There is no way he's gonna be engaged to such a jerk.

 

 

 

 


 

 

....(A/N)

Sooo? Sungmin is not to be taken lightly,huh? Let's see how they get thorough this misunderstanding.

 

I might update again in a couple of days. 

Do leave me comments,kay? I'd love to hear from everyone :))

 

//throws blueberry yogurt

 

 

Have a nice day~! Until next time :))

 

~95anichan signing off <3