Choi Sujin.

Life is Unexpected.

She's the typical smart girl who always has her head in her books. Yes she had a couple of friends here and there but being popular wasn't a concern of hers. She didn't want to be one of those popular girls who had to maintain their skin, nails, hair, and always have the best clothes.

All she cared about were her grades and her family. Her family didn't have much money, they barely got by. Sujin had 4 brothers and sisters which made things even more difficult. She wanted to get into Seoul University but she knew it wasn't possible due to her financial problems.

She knew that if she had the grades, she could get in with a scholarship. So she devoted her life to school. She wanted to always be number one and on top. She was number one until a new guy transferred to the school. He was really good looking and he was a jock. You wouldn't expect him to be smart, but he was.

In fact, he was smarter than Sujin without even trying. He'd finish his work in under 20 minutes and hand it in. He didn't look like he even tried, he would simply sigh and complete the work with a dissatisfied face. With the way he looked, it seemed as if he would just put whatever. 

He proved everyone wrong when grades were posted. Sujin couldn't believe that she was knocked out of the number one spot by some sporty jerk who would get all the girls in school. She hated him. He came along and ruined everything for her.

Now, there was no chance of her getting into Seoul University. The only was if she would get that spot back but the odds weren't in her favor. She had to get the money. She had to come up with the cash and she was willing to do anything for it.

When she was a sophomore, she was walking in the park when she met this man. He was in his early 20's, his name was Seungjo. He was really nice to Sujin and he wasn't creepy at all. Well at first he wasn't. Sujin continued meeting him and even developed feelings for him.

One day she told him about her problem with her dreams and he had a solution for her. His proposition was far from ordinary and it left Sujin and shock and disgust. She denied it and told him she never wanted to see him ever again. When she saw how it wasn't even an option for her to attend Seoul University, she had to go through with it.

Her mother lost her job so only her father was working. His job wasn't the best and he would earn enough to barely put food on the table for everyone. Sujin had to do it, for her future and for her family.

Walking down the hall after what she had done felt so wrong. No one was looking at her any different but that's because they had no idea what she did. It wasn't like it was noticeable. But she felt it, she felt disgusted with herself. She didn't even want to consider herself a human with morals.

Sujin now hated herself. She couldn't possibly live this down. But now that she was in her junior year of high school, she got used to it. It was not a big deal anymore. She did it with ease and without any emotions that would haunt her later on. It was like a job to her now and she loved the perks of it.

For all she knew, she was still the same Choi Sujin in everyone's eyes. Choi Sujin, the bookworm, the smart one, number two of the junior class.


So Sujin's is shorter because I didn't want to give too much away.