Chapter 9

I'll Help You Get Through

“So what’s your name kid?”  The tall guy asked as he sat down at the edge of the bed, smiling at the latter.

 

 

 

Kris eyed him suspiciously, but after a while answers “Kris”

 

 

 

“Well Kris, I’m Woo Bin,” the guy, named Woo Bin, introduces himself. “And how come a kid like you is around this hood” he asked more seriously.

 

 

 

Kris scratched the back of his head awkwardly and suddenly found the bed sheets more interesting than anything else.

 

 

 

“I got lost” he whispered, barely loud enough for Woo Bin hear. He nodded and smiles again.

 

 

 

“Well, let’s go eat breakfast and then we get you home, okay?” Kris nodded and got up from the bed clenching his side and the pain him. “Come here” Suddenly Kris feet were off the floor and in the air. One arm protectively around his shoulder blades and another around his knees, carrying him bridal style.

 

 

 

“wha-at are you do-doing?” Kris asked startle as he grabbed a hold of the taller’s neck. Feeling slightly embarrass of their position and quite frightened to fall.

 

 

 

“You’re very light for your height, kid”

 

 

 

I wish, Kris thought.

 

 

 

“Do models need to be this skinny?” Woo Bin asked, moving Kris up and down, making the latter yelp. “Don’t worry, I won’t drop you, you’re light”

 

 

 

“Stop saying nonsense, I’m not light, you’re just too strong” Kris murmured and at the ceiling.

 

 

 

“Right” Woo Bin said sarcastically while putting Kris down. “Let’s eat” he came back with a put of ramyun and a soda. Kris eyed the items carefully deciding whether to eat them or not. He decided against it and looked somewhere else while Woo Bin started eating. After a minute Woo Bin looked up and saw the latter not eating.  With a frown he stopped as well and slump back in the chair.

 

 

 

“What are you doing?” Kris asked, curious of the taller sudden behavior. Woo Bin chuckled and shrugged his shoulders.

 

 

 

“Not eating, isn’t obvious?”

 

 

 

“Why not?”

 

 

 

“Because you’re not eating, I don’t feel comfortable eating while others are just watching me eat without eating themselves” Woo Bin said matter-or-factly. Kris nodded and looked at the food. He felt bad for making Woo Bin uncomfortable by not eating, but the flour in the pasta and the sugar in the soda was too much fat for his body.

 

“You should eat, I’m not hungry” Kris tried to sound as convincible as possible. Woo Bin sigh and nodded.

 

 

 

“Then it doesn’t leave me another choice” Woo Bin stood up and grabbed Kris from his seat, the latter stumble, startled. Woo Bin then sat down on Kris chair and sat Kris on his lap. “Imma feed you like a baby”

 

 

 

“Wha-at? No! Really I’m not hungry, you don’t need to do this” Kris tried to stand up but Woo Bin only tighten his grip around Kris’ waist. Kris blushed furiously and just let himself fell limp. “Okay I eat by myself, now can I?” he looked at Woo Bin with pleading eyes. Woo Bin smile and went back to his sit.

 

 

 

“Good boy” Woo Bin then patted Kris’ head and sat in his chair.

 

 

 

“I’m not a dog” Kris hissed and started eating guiltily.

 

 

 

They both ate in silence for a while, Woo Bin stealing glances at Kris once in a while.

 

 

 

“Kris, you won’t grow fats with a cup of ramyun I promise” this statement surprise Kris. He wasn’t expecting to even have a conversation at all, but the word fats in its sentence throw him off.

 

 

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Kris denied this right away, eating his ramyun as if nothing was happening “You are jumping into conclusions”

 

 

 

“My brother was like you” Woo Bin smiled “I know the symptoms when I see ‘em” Kris just looked at him and frown.

 

 

 

“Sure why not” Kris shrugged.

 

 

 

“Don’t waved it off Kris, you are sick”

 

 

 

“I’m not sick!” Kris stood up abruptly from his seat “I’ll be going home now, thanks” Kris walked out of the kitchen.

 

 

 

“Haven’t you seen your face yet Kris?” Kris halt on his actions and touch his face by instinct, whimpering. “It’s kind of bad for a model, don’t you think?” Kris gulped and bow his head.

 

 

 

 

 

“Stay until it get better, don’t worry, we might live in this side of town but we won’t bite you” Woo Bin patted Kris’ shoulder, let’s go eat before it gets cold, I like my ramyun nice and warm”

 

 

 

Kris’ only nodded and they both walked back to the kitchen.

 

 

 

 

 

‘Do you have a mirror”

 

 

 

“Let’s eat”

 

 

 

~~

 

~~

 

Kris’ POV

 

 

 

“Hyung,... oh? Hey” The tall kid I woke up with appear out of nowhere with a skateboard in hand. He was smiling like a little kid. His black-kind-of-blue hair was all over the place. “Hey my name is Zelo” he stretched his hand at me and I gladly took it.

 

 

 

After shaking hands, Zelo storm off to Woo Bin’s side and took the chopstick from him, grabbing a mouthful of noodles and eating them in one go. Woo Bin growled but let him be. Zelo on the other hand was the noodles as if they were water.

 

 

 

“Do you really have to eat my ramyun, you ate thirty minutes ago” Woo Bin protested. I nodded and keep eating my noodles.

 

 

 

“I have to eat so I can be healthy for hyung” Zelo smiled at Woo Bin, and the older one just shuffled his hair, smiling. Zelo smile widened and look at me.

 

 

 

We locked gazes and time seemed to freeze. I was frozen in place looking at those lively eyes; however there was a spark of sadness in them. He was the first one to break our staring contest. I cleared my throat and kept on eating my noodles in silence.

 

 

 

“Well Zelo this is Kris, and Kris this is my brother Zelo” Woo Bin smiled. Kris nodded in acknowledgement and Zelo smiled at him once again.

 

 

 

“They beat you really bad , those bastards” Zelo caress my cheek with the back of his hand and I flinched. “Let’s get you clean up, oh?” He then grabbed my hand and led me to the restroom. I reluctantly agreed and followed him.

 

 

 

Once we were inside I looked at myself in the mirror. I was Ugly. I had a brose forming around my nose, my lip was slightly cut, and a small brose in the corner, there was a cut on my left temple, and part of my eye was swelling already. I wanted to punch the mirror and break it into pieces, asking if I could break myself even more.

 

 

 

“Were you scared?” Zelo’s voice slightly startled me. I turn my face to see him sitting down on the floor with the first aid kit. He patted the space in front of him. I walked to him and sat down. “Were you scared when those men grabbed you? I would be if I was you”

 

 

 

I kept quiet and let Zelo work on my face. I hissed every now and then from the pain, but must of the time I endure it quietly.

 

 

 

Was I really scared? Maybe I was just waiting for someone to save me. I was expecting someone to help me. But I wasn’t scare, I was accepting whatever was going to happen to me. I felt disgusted and useless but I was not scared, I was not scared, I was hurt. The little pride I had still in me was taken away, my ego was crashed, and I was weak and pathetic. I brought it up on myself to begin with.

 

 

 

But I was not scared.

 

 

 

Or so I thought.

 

 

 

“I wasn’t” I answered after a while. Zelo looked at me confused and shook his head.

 

 

 

“You were” he frowned. “You wouldn’t stop crying at night, it wasn’t your fault, and it’s alright to be scare” Zelo smiled. I looked at him with a frown on my face. I forgot I sleep talk. I gulped and looked down ashamed. This kid is younger than me and he is literally scolding me like a hyung.

 

 

 

“Sorry” I whispered.

 

 

 

“For what, for being scared? Don’t be hyung, good think I was passing by with hyung, you owe me one” Zelo playfully punch me in the arm and laugh. Somehow his laugh was contagious and I end up laughing with him.

 

 

 

“I’ll treat you to a meal” Kris smiled.

 

 

 

“I hold you to that… and here, done” He smiled and put everything away.

 

 

 

“Thank you”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~~

 

~~

 

 

 

 

 

“Wu Fan? Oh my god, your mom it’s making this house hell itself, where are you?” a panic Tao spoke through the phone. Wufan smiled and nodded.

 

 

 

I have schedules today.

 

 

 

“No! First, are you okay? It’s everything okay? Are you somewhere safe? Are you safe? Nothing bad happened to you right?

 

 

 

“I’m fine Tao, thanks”

 

 

 

“Luhan it’s in the edge right now, your mom it’s mad, nope, she is pissed right now, and this Chanyeol guy came, right now Joon Ki and him are looking for you around Seoul, you don’t answer your phone, I was about to die waiting for your phone call” the was a long pause and a sob was heard “I was worried about you”

 

 

 

Kris didn’t say anything. He told Tao to tell his mom that he was okay and will be home at night. Afterwards he called Luhan, who scolded him for another twenty minutes.

 

 

 

Settling everything, Kris dropped himself on the couch and sigh. He felt guilty but for some reason he felt good skipping schedules. And Chanyeol.

 

 

 

Chanyeol went to his house, to look for him. Somehow I felt good and relieve. So there were indeed people who cared about him.

 

~~

~~

 

A/N: So I know people thought it was Yong Guk the guy, but nope, Jong Guk will appear later I think, but in the meantime we have Woo Bin (you know School 2013? anyone?) so yeah and Zelo