Chapter 12

I'll Help You Get Through

“Woo Bin?” Wufan answered the phone while panting. He had been jogging since 8 AM and hadn’t stop until Woo Bin’s call. The older somehow found this time acceptable to call the latter.

 

“Hope I didn’t wake you up, but it’s almost ten so I don’t think I did, Did I?” the older question while Wufan regain his breath. Wufan took a glance at his wrist watch and somehow two hours have passed by since he started exercising. Wufan looked up at the sky. Sun already up and brightening the day, older women walking around with grocery bags in hand, delivery guys rushing to get through the little traffic on the streets, some pedestrians and what not.

 

“Of course not hyung, I was about to go home actually” Wufan replied while walking his way back to his house. It didn’t take long since the park he was currently at was around the corner from his house, not even half a mile apart.

 

What were you doing?” Woo Bin asked. Ruffled and cramped paper could be heard on the other side. Wufan wondered if Woo Bin had dropped a stack of papers while talking on the phone.

 

“Jogging” Wufan said with not concern whatsoever, feeling as if jogging for two hours straight was normal. He knew it wasn’t but he wasn’t going to talk further to the subject.

 

“How long have you been jogging?” The question came expected, Wufan expected that question. Even since he met Woo Bin, Wufan had been more careful about his condition, making Woo Bin believe everything was okay and that he wasn’t sick. However Woo Bin knew better and he really did know what was happening. He became like a nagging mother, something Wufan wasn’t really used to. It got worse when Zelo snitch on him that he had been jogging right after he had been beaten up. After he met up with Chanyeol he had been on the phone with Woo Bin for about an hour on how irresponsible he was for doing exercise while he wasn’t still healthy enough for it.

 

“A while” Finally Wufan reached his house. He rested his body against the gate before actually getting in. For a while his mind went back to the day he went and hang out with Chanyeol. To his mind it felt just like yesterday, how they spend their time together the whole day. Actually it was the first time Wufan went to Lotte World. He would remember that day better than any other, of course there would be many other memories he would be able to make with Chanyeol but so far that one was the best. Also he remembered the kiss. Wufan’s cheeks got an un-human shade of red with the simple thought of it. He acted like such a girl that night, kissing Chanyeol then ran inside the house as if he had committed the biggest crime in the world. That day he felt so embarrassed he actually took a cold shower before going to bed and text Chanyeol again, just to say “goodnight” and “thank you.”

 

So girly, Wufan thought.

 

“mmm, okay then, wanna go get some breakfast with me?” Wufan seemed to consider the offer more than needed. He did want to see Woo Bin after all; the guy was his life safer, Wufan practically felt as if he owned his life to the older.

 

“Okay, just let me take a shower and I’ll get going” Wufan confirmed and hang up. He enters the house and took a quick shower before getting himself ready. Wufan just grabbed a pair of jeans and a not so fancy T-shirt, just plain white with black strips. He grabbed his wallet and phone and took off. Woo Bin had sent him the address of the café they were going to meet at.

Wufan decided to walk his way there since it wasn’t that far from his house. However on his way there a white Camaro parked on his side, rolling the window down exposing a smile Wufan had come familiar with in just one day.

 

“Woo Bin?” Wufan asked while peeking through the window. The smile on the brunette got wider and took the shades off. His hair was quite messy but styled neatly, but what surprised Wufan was the Woo Bin was on a suit and a brief case was on the passenger seat.  Wufan looked at Woo Bin questionable. Then it all clicked. Woo Bin was a in a suit with a brief case on a fancy Camaro, looking cool to Wufan’s eyes.

 

“Awesome, right? Don’t worry, the car is only for show. My boss literally want us to look rich, I believe he wants his employees to get kidnapped one day” Woo Bin laughed and Wufan just nodded awkwardly. Woo Bin looked at him with questionable eyes. “Well, get in” He smiled.

 

Wufan snapped out of his trance and got in the car.

 

~~

 

Once they order the quiet atmosphere was comfortable for both males. Wufan was looking at the outside world passing by; everybody seemed so happy on his eyes, but there was something missing. He felt as if he wasn’t part of the world, a world where everyone is happy and cheerful; a world with love. He did feel loved by his friends, Luhan and Tao, by Chanyeol, by Woo Bin, heck even by Baekhyun. However he was longing by a different type of love.

 

The love of a mother.

 

He was longing so much for some love that has been lost for way too long, somehow he wanted to be embraces my his mother’s arms, to be good enough for her. He wanted to make her proud and happy. He wanted her to say “I love you” at least once. He wanted her to stop comparing him or judging him co coldly. He just wanted to be loved by his mom.

 

“Here’s your order, enjoy” The waitress snapped Wufan from his trance. The latter looked up and thank her before looking at the food. It looked so good, but grease as well.

 

“Hope you like steak, they sell the best steak here, or so I’ve been told, come on dig in” Woo Bin cooed Wufan into eating. This time Wufan didn’t even bother to fight the argue to eat. 1… the food was really expensive and Woo Bin was paying, Wufan being the respectful person he is didn’t want to be rude, 2. And basically he didn’t want to blow out his cover on how he is recovering or that he is not sick for that matter.

 

After they finish their meal, Woo Bin seemed really pleased that Wufan had ate it all, he felt somehow accomplished. Wufan on the other hand was counting the calories, subtracting them from his everyday meals and adding hours to his work out. Thanks to this Wufan had noticed he was getting better at math than he had never been.

 

“So what is the brief case for?” Wufan asked looking at his fingers which were dancing within themselves.  Woo Bin looked confused for a moment before everything clicked.

 

“ohh, since I’m a lawyer I usually use one, I have trial today at two so I have to be ready” Wufan ohh’ed and nodded, it never crossed his mind that Woo Bin would be a lawyer. Woo Bin smiled and showed Wufan a pin.

 


“I’m a public defender” Woo Bin answered. “Not much to brag about but something to be proud of.” Wufan nodded again and smiled.

 

“What is your case about?” Wufan asked as he looked at the brief case once more “It looks heavy”

 

“It’s about a mother who killed her daughter,” Wufan gasped and looked at Woo Bin in disbelief. “But don’t worry there is a lot of evidence for my side, it’s a complicated case but it can work out”

 

“How do you know the mother it’s not the one to blame?” Wufan asked as he eyed the brief case again, trying to figure out how a mother could do that to her own child. Would my mom do that?

 

“She told me, as a lawyer I have to believe her and fight for her, also there is evidence enough. She was sleep while this happened, also her daughter was in a coma due to cancer, it was too late for her but my client believe her daughter would come back, that she would wake up and fight the cancer, for her and for her children. I mean, why would my client unplug the life support when she was doing everything possible to save her child?” Woo Bin looked up at Wufan with asking eyes. Wufan shook his hand trying to look for a reasonable answer, finding none.

 

“Money” Wufan answered. Woo Bin smiled but shook his head.

 

“There was no money worth for the defendant, basically all the money was going to be given to the husband and the children. Another factor to this story is the husband of the deceased, he was having an affair with one of his students while the deceased was battling cancer, not to say the least he was planning on leaving after his wife died, he even sent the student a letter saying that they would be together ‘soon,’ I bet he was having a good feeling about his wife’s deceased, something telling him she was going to die soon” Woo Bin finished off by taking another sip of his coffee. Wufan nodded and asked him one last question.

 

“Who are you blaming?” Woo Bin looked at Wufan for a while before nodding and smirking.

 

“I ain’t blaming anybody, but I am pointing finger to some people, just like a lawyer do. The jury will decide who the one to blame is” Woo Bin said while having a satisfied smile plastered on his face. Somehow Wufan was in awe, admiring Woo Bin and how professional he looked on explaining his case.

 

“Well as long as it’s the truth you’ll be able to win right?” Wufan took his water and took a sip from it. Woo Bin laughed and shook his head, amazed by how naïve Wufan was.

 

“In this cruel world Kris the truth does not win in court, but what wins in court becomes the truth” Wufan took a moment to process what Wufan had said, nodding in understanding.

 

“I see” Suddenly Woo Bin’s phone rang and a text came in. The older smiled and blush a little upon seeing the message. Wufan grew curious as to who it was but didn’t want it to in.

 

“My boyfriend” Woo Bin smiled and grins sheepishly.

ß**à

 

“Are you sure he was here?” Chanyeol whined while being dragged to the restaurant when supposedly his cousin saw Kris with an extremely handsome guy, super good looking on a suit, a brand new car, wonderfully tall and features of a model. Just the perfect guy for Kris. Chanyeol started feeling self-conscious when his cousin was describing the guy he had seen Kris with. He started comparing himself to that god of a guy. He was just an average looking guy, looking just like an average guy. No car, tall but kind of lanky – Sungyeol mind to explain in detail everything about the guy’s well-built body not leaving anything out – and definitely didn’t look like a model, nor did he head sharp features. Everything about that guy seemed perfect and just the opposite to Chanyeol.

 

“Myungie” the high pitch yelled from his cousin caused Chanyeol to snap out of his own little world and look up, feeling embarrassed because his cousin ing yelled in the middle of the small restaurant which seemed to be over populated at this time of the day.

 

“Yeolly” an overly hyper kid made his way to the counter to greet the intruders, that in this case it’s Chanyeol and Sungyeol, and smiled, eyes almost disappearing into half-moons. Chanyeol nodded before tugging on his cousin’s sleeve, which seemed to be frozen in the spot upon seeing the pretty boy before the counter.

 

“Myungsoo you have a moment?” Sungyeol asked the boy – Myungsoo for Chanyeol since his cousin didn’t even bother to introduce the stranger – and dragged Chanyeol to the nearest table available. They wait for a while until Myungsoo appeared with three waters, one for each. Chanyeol took one thankfully but Sungyeol placed it aside as if it was a parasite.

 

“so, what’s going on?” Myungsoo asked while eying the cousins.

 

“remember when I came here the other day I told you about Kris?” Myungsoo nodded and snap his fingers as he remembers the occasion. “Well you told me that the guy he was with it’s a regular right? Does he has a boyfriend?” Myungsoo nodded as he remembers his boss talking with such guy and how he was happy with his boyfriend. On the other hand Chanyeol felt as if someone had slapped him in the face, maybe because he was jumping into conclusions too soon.

 

“Actually he has never come with his boyfriend before, but now that I think about that guy, Kris? Yeah him, he fit the description perfectly” Myungsoo tap his index finger on his chin.

 

Chanyeol’s grip on the water became tighter as he felt a sting on his chest. He didn’t know why he felt like that though, Kris wasn’t his boyfriend, and they were just friends and that’s it. But then Kris kissed his cheek the other day right? Was Kris two timing? But he wasn’t that kind of person, maybe it was a way of saying goodbye on his own way?

 

Now he realized a feeling he had never felt before, jealousy.  

 

A/N:

Woahh so many subscribers, thank you guys who had stayed with me and to my new subbies, hope I dont dissapoint for the chapters to come. there will be more Krisyeol nest chapter, this was more of a WooKris chapter I guess...

Anyways, regarding the law case, this case its actually legit, the names however are changed ofcourse for various reasons. Also in my legal class he had both prosecutor and defense, since I was a defense attorney I had to literally learn the whole case to prove my point, and my team won. Even though it was a mock trial it felt really weird and I thought it would be interesting to share it here I guess.

 

Anyways thank you guys and your comments... they mean too much to me..

Some krisyeol for you guys....<(O//O)>

tumblr_mrgetj20aJ1sotbg4o2_500.jpg

tumblr_mrgetj20aJ1sotbg4o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrddm1DwSr1rp5y2oo1_250.gif

tumblr_mrbnokA4BH1se2qdco1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrbfgsuRKU1qfhqrgo1_250.gif

Feelllsssssss~~~~~~~