Chapter 14

I'll Help You Get Through

 

 

“So, how’s life?” Chanyeol asked while taking a sip of his coke. Kris chuckled and shook his head.

 

“Are we really that awkward now?”

 

“Well, you see, you look like a breath of fresh air?” Chanyeol contained his laugh as Kris pulled a face.

 

“Not my fault I got this hot, I was born this y”

 

“The hell you were”

 

“Do we kiss now?” Kris and Chanyeol looked deadly serious at each other for a minute, before bursting out laughing. Kris laughed so much his stomach hurt, as for Chanyeol, he almost fell down the chair.

 

“I can tell it has been a boring week” Chanyeol blurt out after their laughs quiet down. Kris nodded, more calm this time. He missed this kind of outings. Being with Chanyeol makes everything alright, even if is for a short moment.

 

However, Chanyeol was feeling kind of selfish. He assumed Kris had a boyfriend; however he was having dinner with him. For some reason, it felt like he was making Kris a cheater.

 

“So nothing important has happened?” Chanyeol wanted to know the truth. He wanted to know if Kris really had a boyfriend already. But what if he doesn’t? That would make Chanyeol feel stupid.

 

“Not really, hang with a couple of friends per se, and yeah, nothing much aside from work, work, work” Kris wasn’t really sure where Chanyeol wanted to get at, but he shrugged off. It got awkward again, both eating in silence.

 

“Is something bothering you Chan?” Kris finally asked. Chanyeol looked up and look gazes with him for thirty seconds. He wanted to demand Kris the truth, he wanted to know it. But he knew he couldn’t, he was just a friend.

 

“I’m in love Kris and I don’t know if that person feels the same” Chanyeol finally spoke. Kris felt as if someone had slapped him right across the face. “I feel like I’m suffocating, not able to tell that person how much I love…” He still didn’t know if he would be able to say it. “How much I love him”

 

To this Kris looked up in surprise. Not much of a surprise, but it was still shocking. Chanyeol loved someone already, and he had no chance with him anymore.

 

I was not good enough.

 

“I just don’t know any more what to do, this past weeks had been eating me alive, and I was planning how to tell him that I like him, but I just couldn’t” Chanyeol drank from his coke and smiled. “But he is taken, I believe”

 

Kris nodded, but didn’t say anything. Chanyeol stood up surprising Kris on the process. “But I just wanna make sure”

 

Chanyeol left a hundred dollar bill and grabbed Kris’ hand. Kris was too surprise and just follow Chanyeol outside the restaurant. He just couldn’t process why they have walked out of the restaurant so sudden, when he felt soft lips on his. He was indeed surprise, but he soon melted with the kiss, closing his eyes in the process. When Chanyeol felt Kris relax, he took a step further, grabbing Kris’ thin waist evaporating the gap between each other. Also to regain his balance, Kris encircled his arms around Chanyeol’s neck.

 

The kiss was soft and light. There was no tongue involved, not lust in it. Just open mouth kisses. Chanyeol felt as if he was in heaven, Kris was responding to the kiss. Kris is ing kissing him back. He smiled in the kiss and tightens his grip around Kris’ waist. He was literally the happiest man on earth at that very moment.

 

Kris on the other hand felt as if he was about to faint. All the pressure was off of his shoulders. He literally thought that Chanyeol liked somebody else, when all this time it was him. But hold up…

 

Kris reluctantly stopped kissing Chanyeol. When Chanyeol felt the rejection, he looked at Kris’ eyes  curiously. Maybe Chanyeol was wrong; perhaps Kris did have a boyfriend. He would be like the biggest in the world.

 

“You said the person you like was taken” Kris looked into Chanyeol’s eyes. “Then it’s not me” Kris tried to pealed Chanyeol’s arms but the older just tighten them more. Kris let out an exasperated sigh and gazes at Chanyeol. He was surprise to see a spark of confusion.

 

“Then you don’t have a boyfriend?” Chanyeol asked. Kris shook his head. Chanyeol smiled at that answer and hug Kris completely. “That’s good, I have no competition then”

 

Kris relaxed and smiled. So it was him after all. But why would Chanyeol thought he had a boyfriend? Maybe it was when…?

 

Sungyeol, you snitch. Kris laughed and hugs Chanyeol back.

 

FLASHBACK~~

 

“You have a boyfriend?” Kris was taking aback. Woo Bin looked at him and laughed. He then grabbed his phone and showed him a picture of himself and his boyfriend.

 

“His name is Lee Jong Suk, he is an athlete, a swimmer” Woo Bin said proudly. Kris nodded and smiled while taking the phone from Woo Bin. Woo Bin shrugged and let him take it.

 

The little bell at the door of the restaurant made Kris looked up towards the door. Woo Bin also heard it, and turn around to see who it was. Kris looked at the choding at the door and pouted. It was Sungyeol, Chanyeol’s cousin.  He didn’t really pay much attention to him, and he took a selca with Woo Bin’s phone. Woo Bin smiled and laughed at how childish Kris looked.

 

“My boyfriend will get jealous” Woo Bin stated. Kris shook his head and pouted.

 

“I should be jealous” Kris laughed and gave the phone back to Woo Bin. “He is way too handsome for you” Woo Bin’s smile fell and scoff.

 

“So you are saying you are jealous of me for having him? You’re unbelievable Wu Yi Fan” Kris laughed and drank from his water. He looked at Sungyeol’s direction, but the latter was not there anymore.  However, the guy at the counter was stealing glances at him.

 

Odd

 

END OF FLASHBACK~~

 

 

Chanyeol took the opportunity to walk Kris home. He felt as if the day couldn’t get any better. He was walking with Kris while holding hands, chilly air brushing his red ears, while smiling like an idiot. Kris, however, was thinking. He was thinking so many things at once. He was thinking of how his and Chanyeol’s friendship came down to this. What did Chanyeol saw on him? Why he likes him? All this insecurities came crashing down pretty quickly.

 

Chanyeol saw the worry on Kris’ face, he felt kind of bad for not knowing what Kris was thinking, but he had his own assumptions. He squeezes Kris’ hand and smiled at the latter. Then he placed both of their hands inside his jacket pocket, bringing Kris closer to him.

 

“I don’t wanna rush things Chan…”

 

“I know, let’s just stay like this for a while, and then you can decide, okay?” Chanyeol understood their situation as of now. It was really sudden, and Kris needed to get his feelings together. He just didn’t want to get the ‘in-the-moment’ feeling, and then regret it. Therefore, Chanyeol would wait and win Kris’ heart.

 

“Thanks Chanyeol, for today”

 

“It’s really nothing; I had fun, because I was with you, that is” Chanyeol smiled, kind of sad because they had already arrived at Kris’ house, but smiled nonetheless. Kris looked down in embarrassment but smiled too.

 

“I guess it’s time for me to go inside… um yeah, thanks again” Kris let go of Chanyeol’s hand, missing the warm of the other. Chanyeol reluctantly let him go, but not before turning him around and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

 

“Good night Wufan” Kris stared at Chanyeol wide eye, still trying to get use to the feeling that was bubbling inside. He nodded and looked down.

 

“Good night Chan” Kris turned around rapidly and entered the house. Chanyeol chuckled at how cute Kris looked when he kissed him.

 

While walking back home, Chanyeol made a mental note to strangle his cousin, and to send a text to Ha Neul thanking him for today. Without him, he wouldn’t have been able to see Kris at all.

 

New Mission: Win Wu Yi Fan’s heart.  

 

 

~~~~

XOXO guys!!!