Chapter 1

I'll Help You Get Through

 

Saturday

 

“Kris are you gaining weight? You're filling up the clothes” the stylist said while inspecting the tall figure. Kris chuckled uncomfortably.

 

“I think I shou-”

 

“He should lose weight right? I told you sweetheart, you're getting fat” Kris' mother walked into the changing room with a fake smile. Kris lowered his head, not daring to meet his mother's judgmental eyes. Every person in the room thought she was just joking and playing around with her son, but Kris knew better.

 

“I'll work hard to lose weight mother” Kris murmured and his mother only gave him a judgmental face.

 

“You better Yifan, you don't want to ruin your career by getting fat do you?” His mother whispered dangerously on Kris' ear. Kris gulped and nodded, getting pulled by another stylist to get the last touches.

 

I'm fat, I look disgusting, just look at my face, the fat in my cheeks, God I always have to disappoint my mother. Kris' train of thought kept on dancing on his head throughout the whole photo shoot.

 

“Wow, Kris really looks good today” Luhan, one of the stylist assistant and Kris' friend complemented behind the cameras.

 

“I know, he finally fills the clothes, I'm glad his gaining weight” Victoria, the make up artist smiled.

 

“I know, thank you very much Vic jie jie, thanks to me Kris have curves” Luhan put his hand on his chest dramatically.

 

“What did you do to make him eat property?” Victoria looked at Luhan with a surprise expression.

 

“His BB cream” Luhan smiled remembering how he threaten Kris with his BB cream “Believe me, Kris without his BB cream is nothing”

 

“Anyways I'm happy, I don't see the bony Kris anymore”

 

 

After the photo shoot ~~~

 

“Luhan, I gained weight” Kris sighed heavily. He was FAT.

 

“Of course, I made sure of that, you're chubby now” Luhan joked while hugging the younger one, oblivious of Kris' feelings.

 

I'm chubby

 

Kris' forced a smile and nodded.

 

“I'll be leaving fist Luhan, take care and see you tomorrow” Kris bid his goodbyes and went home.

 

On his way home tears finally fell. He was aware that he was gaining weight but never actually look at himself with other people's eyes. He wasn't gaining weight, he was getting fat. He knew this but Luhan would always tell him that he looked good, better than before.

 

Was Luhan trying to bring him down?

 

Kris shook his head on that thought. Luhan's doing wasn't malicious, he was trying to help.

 

Due to his tears, Kris' sight became blurry so he decided to stop near a park. He got out and walked aimlessly around it until he found a bench and sat on it. Then he started thinking.

 

He was getting fat, even his stylist told him. What if his clothes don't fit him anymore? Then they have to do a wardrobe change, spend more money just because he got fat, or fatter. They would have to change his weight on his profile, then his fans would know and think he is fat, also modeling industries wouldn't call him because of his over weight. What if all his career just falls down the drain because he was reckless during the summer?

 

More tears came out of Kris' eyes nonstop. He didn't care if there was people watching him cry, he just needed to let the pressure and stress out. He wanted to just be a normal teenage boy and go to school, have real friends, go to cafes and talk about... what do teenage boys talk about anyways, Kris' didn't know, being a model since the age of six, he had never gone to public schools, or have any real friends aside from Luhan, never gone out to a cafe and 'talk.'

 

“I have to lose weight” Kris murmured to himself. “I have to do it for my mother and my career” he sighed heavily “To make my mother proud” he nodded and stood ready to go home and rest. Or at least try.