Chapter 5

I'll Help You Get Through

 

Kris' POV

 

“okay we'll begin the photo shoot in ten minutes, please be ready” my manager yelled and I sigh. This photo shoot was supposed to be by myself but today I learned I would do it with another model. Of course, I wasn't enough anymore, maybe my mother decided to bring a better looking model to cover up how fat I look now.

 

I walked to the photo shoot and greet everyone. There was a person in the photo shoot set talking with the photographer. I recognize the small figure, he was Byun Baekhyun, one famous model. I wouldn't say more famous than I but pretty famous itself. I walked towards the set and smile at both of them.

 

“you must be Kris” Baekhyun smiled and I smiled back. “I've heard so much about you, you're surely more handsome in person, and tall, I wish I had your height” The shorter one laughed, I wanted to laugh with him but nothing came out. Feeling awkward I force a smile and nodded.

 

“Get ready!” thank the photographer. I mentally sigh in relief and position myself on set. Baekhyun smiled and raised his fist.

 

“Fighting” His eyes for two crescent moons and smiled brightly. I would lie if I say I wasn't envious of his care free happiness but it wasn't his fault my life was so ed up.

 

2 hours later~~

 

“It was nice working with you Kris” Baekhyun came up to me and punch my shoulder lightly while laughing.

 

“Same goes to you Baekhyun, I had fun” I smiled genuinely and waved before going my way. I came to a halt when the shorter one called.

 

“We should meet more ofter” Baekhyun waved goodbye and skipped to his waiting room. It took me a while to realized what he said but smiled at the end. I nodded and kept walking to where Luhan and Victoria were.

 

“hey you big boy, lets get you change and go eat, okay?” Luhan beamed when I came inside his vision radar. I nodded halfhearted and took my coat off. Victoria gave me a reassuring smile and handed me a denim shirt to wear.

 

“get dress, big boy” Her smiled grew bigger and I nodded heading to the changing room.

 

Big.

 

I frowned and turned around so my back would face the mirror, I didn't even have the guts to look at my horrendous figure. I changed and got out.

 

My day couldn't have gone any better.

 

Chanyeol POV

 

“This is so gooooooddd!” I exclaimed as I ate my last Chinese bun. I smiled and put my chopsticks down. I looked around the restaurant and frowned, there wasn't that may people in it, even though it was a weekday and lunch hour.

 

“Why so depress happy virus?” my cousin Sungyeol asked while walking behind the counter. I shook my head and laid on the chair.

 

“It's lonely” I said and sigh. Sungyeol looked around and nodded.

 

“Indeed” Xuimin came out of the kitchen and smiled. He would always smile no matter how busy or lonely the restaurant was. What I liked from Xuimin hyung, aside from his food, is his attitude. Even though he was the eldest out of the three of us, he looked like the youngest. I swear him and Luhan have a Genie hidden somewhere. “But hey, you ate all of your steamed buns, that's good” His grin got even wider. I smiled and stood up, ready to leave.

 

“You leaving?” Sungyeol asked. I nodded and pay for my food.

 

“The food was awesome hyung, but I need to get going, I haven't finish my homework and I didn't call mom, so better get going” I grin and hold my fist up “Fighting”

 

Sungyeol did the same and lead me to the door. “Get going, auntie won't be happy to know you ate someone else s' food and not hers”

 

“I have enough space for her food” I patted my tummy and laughed, together with Sungyeol. “Bye Xuimin hyung” I yelled and I just got a “ Chanyeol, you scared me.” I laughed it off and went home.

 

On my way home I saw a familiar blonde hair, and a too happy deer. Luhan and his friend Kris. Kris. I blushed and look down. I was getting closer to them, close enough to hear their conversation.

 

“... I really need to go somewhere Luhan, no lying” I heard Kris' voice. I frowned at Luhan's look.

 

“Yeah mister, come on eat with us” Luhan whined but with a slightly tone of irritation.

 

“But I need to meet with a Friend” Kris tried to get away from the shorter one's grip.

 

“What friends Kris?” Ouch! I cringed at Luhan's statement. That was mean. “Sorry Kris, I didn't mean it to sound like that, I -”

 

“Its okay Lu” There was a hint of sadness on his voice. “I promised to meet up with Baekhyun” Kris turn around and leave without another word. I saw Luhan just moving his head from side to side in disapproval and went inside the restaurant. I frowned. Luhan didn't mind to follow him. I hide behind a dumpster, feeling stupid and grabbed by phone and pretended I was texting in case he recognize me. Kris walk by me and didn't even bother to look at my direction. Who wants to look at a dumpster anyway.

 

I was debating whether to go and follow Kris or keep on walking and go home. I sneak my head from my hide out and watched Kris. I decided to follow him. I took my spy skills into action and try to stalk him, since he didn't know.

 

Kris finally stopped by the window of Xuimin's hyung restaurant and looked inside longing. I tilted my head and smiled. He looked as if he was debating whether to go inside or to keep on walking. For about five minutes he just stood there, tilting his head and shifting his weight from one leg to another. I sigh and walked up to him.

 

“Kris?” I tried to sound surprise. I looked at him and smile. He looked shocked but gain his posture. He looked troubled, but so did I, so I guess it was okay.

 

“Oh hey, umm... Chanyeol?” He looked at me. I smiled. He remembered my name. I looked around awkwardly and then a bulb lighten up on top of my head.

 

“I was about to go inside the restaurant, wanna join me?” I proposed. Kris looked troubled and looked down. I surprisingly arc my brow and tilted my head. Ah Baekhyun! “Do you have any other plans?” Kris looked up and shook his head. So he wasn't meeting with Baekhyun.

 

“Okay” I snapped from my thoughts and smiled.

 

I grabbed his hand and dragged him inside. I told him to go sit on whatever table and to wait for me. I walked to the counter, there was a little more people then when I left, and waited for Sungyeol. When he came out and saw me he looked shocked.

 

“What are you doing here again? Didn't you leave like 15 minutes ago?” He looked rather displease I came back, to much for being my cousin. I frowned and gave him my can't-I-come-whenever-I-want-I'm-paying-for-my-food look. He snicker but smiled nonetheless.

 

“give me another order of steamed buns, and two cokes please” I order and walked away to the table where Kris was sitting at. He looked up and smiled awkwardly. An awkward silence fell upon us, so I decided to break it.

 

“How was your day?” Great Chanyeol, can't you think of something more original? My inner self scolded me. I tried to laugh it off but I was too embarrassed, so I just looked down.

 

“It was good, I had a photo shoot, so I guess it was okay, what about you?” he pause waiting for my answer. I gulped. What to say Chanyeol, oh nothing I just went to school, then I came here, ate like a fat mad man, head home but then I saw you so I decided to stalk you, when I got tired of doing it though I decide to invite you to a meal to the restaurant I previously went and eat, just to eat again.

 

Nope.

 

“Good, went to school, and ugh I failed my math test, and they counted for three grades, got to study and do corrections, not fun” I puffed my cheeks. He smiled and nodded. I smiled back and looked around, just to lock gazes with Sungyeol, he gave that look but I just shook it off.

 

After about five minutes Sungyeol came with our food and sodas. I thank him and sent him off. I saw Kris from the corner of my eye, he looked at the food and gulped. Odd. He looked troubled to eat, as if it was the grosses thing he had even seen.

 

“Don't you like steamed buns, I swear they taste awesome, Xuimin hyung makes the best buns I've ever tasted” He looked at me and shook his head. I was confused now.

 

“I've never had steam buns before” Kris exclaimed and I almost chocked on my coke Never! does he live inside a cave or something? I grabbed a napkin and clean my mouth. Kris looked at me concerned. I smile and grabbed my chopsticks. He eyed curiously, I took one bun and place it in front of his face. He looked at me confused and raised his eyebrow. I move the chopsticks up an down signaling for him to open his mouth. He didn't got the memo though.

 

“Open up”

 

“What?”

 

“Open your mouth” I growled playfully and he finally obey. I stuffed his mouth the bun and he started munching in it. I smiled and felt my blood heating my cheeks. Kris was embarrassed too, since the pinkish light color could be visible in his cheeks. I smiled. “Good right?”

 

Kris nodded and grabbed his chopsticks, grabbing another bun. I felt happy watching him eat, the troubled look on his face wasn't there anymore. I sigh in relief and started eating again in a comfortable silence.