Chapter 16

I'll Help You Get Through

Hello guys!!! I know you're going to kill me for neglecting this story, but truth to be told, I've been super busy with college (which I didn't end up going for personal reasons), I just literary got hired at this company, I went on vacation to paris and spain for two weeks, plus all the high school crap that I dealt with,

 

And all the Kris vs. SM things going on, reallly I was debastated... I didn't know if I should continue this story after those news, since it would be sensitive for me and for some people... but the shock passed,

and all of this gave me no time for the story. AND when I did have time, I would be like "what the hell am I going to write?" and I would have writers block, BUT i came back, and probably update faster than this past three months so...

Deal with me guys, Please..... We all have problems, and I dealt with mine already, but now that I got a job, I would need to find time for you guys so yeah... Anyways here is the chapter...

Next will be all fluffy and diabetes like kind of chapter full of Krisyeol. 


 

"He is just a little weak" the doctor informed Chanyeol and Woo Bin. Chanyeol nodded and thanked the doctor while Woo Bin pat his back.

 

"It’s okay; he's just weak from overworking himself, nothing to worry about" Woo Bin said. Chanyeol nodded and went inside the room where Kris was.

 

"You dummy, you scared me" Chanyeol grabbed Kris' hand and hold it. "Don't overwork yourself Wufan, it's not good for your health” Chanyeol smiled and hold Kris' hand a while longer before sitting down next to him. He needed to calm down and get rid of the shock from earlier.

 

*flashback*

"Kris!" Chanyeol yelled and entered the bathroom followed by Woo Bin.

Kris was lying down on the bathroom’s floor, phone in hand.

 

"Kris! Kris!" Chanyeol hold him and try waking him up by splashing some water on his face but the latter didn't budge.

 

"Don't worry I already called the ambulance" Woo Bin said while motioning Chanyeol to get Kris on the bed. Chanyeol obliged and carry Kris' limp body to the bed, laying him down carefully.

 

"Kris wake up please"

*flashback*

《《♥》》

 

"Are you family with Mr. Wu?" The doctor asked to Woo Bin who was waiting for Chanyeol to come back.

 

"Uhh, yeah we are cousins" Woo Bin lied, and even though the doctor seemed hesitant, he nodded.

"Let me have a word with you" with that the doctor guides him to an office.

 

"Please have a sit" the doctor instructed while taking a sit himself. "Kris didn’t want me to tell this to anybody but it’s my duty to inform the family of the patient’s health. Kris has anorexia, and it’s not the first time he comes like this to the hospital. I have already talked to his manager but apparently Kris is the one that can’t seem to realize that he has a problem. He can’t accept the fact that he is sick.” The doctor paused and looked up at Woo Bin.

 

“Doctor I can try and ta-“

 

“I talked to him many times, he just doesn’t seem to understand how dangerous this disease is, I’ve known Kris since he started in this business, his dad and I were good friends in med school, and I care for him as if he is my own son, so I’m begging you young man, try and convince Kris that he needs help”

 

“I’ll try my best doctor” Woo Bin got up and exit the room. Walking towards Kris’ room he saw Chanyeol sitting on the chairs by the door, waiting for him. The guy looked so devastated, reminding him of himself back when Zelo was in the hospital bed.

 

“Chanyeol?” The younger looked up and forced a smile.

 

“I think this wasn’t the best way to meet, but thank you, without you I don’t think I would have done something useful, when I get scared I can’t seem to focus or think straight” The younger bowed his head. “Thank you again Woo Bin shi”

 

“Don’t, it must have been hard on you already, you just don’t find your friend fainted in the middle of the restroom everyday” Woo Bin smiled and ruffled the younger’s head. Chanyeol nodded and smiled sadly.

 

“I’ll go get something to eat; you want anything Woo Bin shi?” Woo Bin nodded, telling the younger what he wanted before sitting on the chair Chanyeol was occupying before. When the younger left, Woo Bin let out a heavy sigh.

 

The older then went inside the room where Kris was sleeping peacefully. He looked at the pale boy before him and held his hand.

 

“I’m sorry, I knew all along and I just let it pass again, I should’ve know better, I know”

 

“I’m sorry”

 

 

 

3 day later

 

 

“How are you feeling today? Woo Bin smiled at the younger one. However he didn’t received one back. Kris was looking out the window with his usual poker face.

 

“I guess not that well, huh?” The older tried to lighten up the atmosphere but it was not working since Kris didn’t pay any attention to the older.

 

Woo Bin understood him though; he knew how the cycle usually goes. Denial, anger, tears, and acceptance. Kris is at the beginning of the cycle, and has been for a while. The stages don’t get any easier, but being in denial it’s complicated. Denial comes from both parties, the person who is sick, and the one taking care of that individual. Usually the individuals who are sick tend to tell the other party they are fine and not sick whatsoever making as many excuses as they can, and the other party tends to believe their lies even when they know they’re lying. Both parties complement each other making the bond stronger. The stronger it gets, the harder is to overcome that phase.

 

Then anger comes, the anger that the sick individual has towards the other party. Denial becomes so strong of an emotion that when it’s affronted they feel caged and trapped and the only feeling that is taking the back seat of denial is anger. When anger comes out, the other party tends to get frustrated as well, feeling the need to make everything right in such a short amount of time. With anger comes frustration and frustration leads to tears.

 

Tears, the only source of weakness during the cycle. This is the time when the individual who is sick let’s all the anger and frustration bubbled up out. The only time when the individual lets it’s façade down. The time when the other party tries to reason with it and try to convinced that person that they are indeed sick. The time when grey emerges as black and white.

 

When grey turns into black and white, acceptance finally sinks in. The hardest phase of the cycle. The individual tend to feel ashamed and weak when acceptance sinks in, but over time they start feeling good, feeling important and loved. They start accepting themselves and who they are. They black and white start to turn into colors little by little. Then it slowly things get better, one day at the time.

 

“You know why you’re here Kris?” The older of the two asked while looking at the same window the younger was looking at. There were some little kids playing in the yard, and some elderly women laughing at something they might have done when they were younger.

 

“I overworked myself too much I guess” Came as a response. Woo Bin mocked a smile.

 

“Overworked? You were doing just fine” The older wanted to slap Kris so hard, but retain himself. He felt frustrated for not being able to help Kris.

 

I should slap myself instead.

 

“Mr. Park will be here in about an hour to pick you up, go home and rest, and don’t overwork yourself okay” The older looked at Kris for the last time, ruffled his hair and headed to the door.

 

“You’re not mad at me are you?” the younger whispered and Woo Bin stops on his tracks. Turning around just enough to see Kris, he smiled and shook his head.

 

“I can’t be mad at you Kris, as much as I want to, I can’t”

 

“It seems like everyone else is” The younger looked down at his lap, “But I’m fine

 

Woo Bin frowned and walked up to Kris. He sat down next to the latter and hugged him. He noticed Kris was skinnier than last time. But he understood, and the process would take time.

 

“just relax and rest for a couple of days okay, I’ll come around with Zelo and bring tasty food, you have a big yard, we can have a picnic and play some games so the stress can go away for a while, Zelo will be thrilled, he wanted to go back to your house for some time now, he wants to play all this kind of games with you, such a kid he is, would you like that?” the younger nodded against the elder’s chest.

 

“Isn’t he five?” Woo Bin laughed at the short question.

 

“I think five years is too much” the elder then sighed, “But you have to be strong and healthy okay”

 

“I’m healthy hyun” the younger protested.

 

“Then you’ve gotta be healthier okay” this time Woo Bin didn’t receive a response this time. He hugged Kris tighter for a little bit longer, before letting go of the younger one.

 

“go home and rest okay, I’ll come by with Zelo”

 

“Thank you hyun” With that Woo Bin left the hospital room.

 

~~~*~~~

“I didn’t know you were here” Sungyeol yelled from the kitchen to his cousin.

 

“I didn’t know I was going to end up in here either” Chanyeol exclaimed halfheartedly. Sungyeol, listening to his cousin’s lack of enthusiasm, look over at the living room.

 

“Did something happened?” concerned laced Sungyeol’s voice. Chanyeol just nodded and lay flat on the sofa.

 

Today was the day Kris was discharged, he was supposed to go and help him, but he experienced a scene that he didn’t particularly like. He was jealous, and he knew it. He was being childish, and he hated it.

 

“Is it Wufan?” Chanyeol nodded and grabbed a chip from Sungyeol.

 

“I’m jealous, and I hate it” Chanyeol pouted, and looked at his cousin for any advice.

 

“Well, he is not even your boyfriend to begin with” Sungyeol said nonchalantly. Chanyeol’s pout fell, looking at his cousin dumbfounded.

 

“Thank you cousin, that statement made me feel so much better than a minute ago”

 

“I’m telling you the truth” Sungyeol hold both of his palms up in defense, “Plus, they might be just friends”

 

“I haven’t even told you who he was with” Chanyeol grunted.

 

“If you’re jealous, there must have been another guy with Wufan, right? Or was it a girl?”

 

“It was that tall guy Wo-“

 

“That should narrow it down to half of the population” Sungyeol didn’t let Chanyeol finished, which caused the latter to glared at the older.

 

“You ain’t funny” then he looked away. “As I was saying, it was Woo Bin, the guy who helped Wufan and I back in the hospital”

 

“What happened?” Sungyeol widen his eyes “You eavesdropped them didn’t you?”

 

“I didn’t eavesdropped,” Chanyeol exclaimed annoyed, “I just have ears”

 

“And big ones” the older murmured, receiving a smack on the head. 

 

“They just talked about going on a picnic, and I think that Woo Bin guys has a child –”

 

“his brother?”

 

“– called jello or something, horrible name picker he is, anyways, he said that jello kid wanted to go back to Wufan’s house, you know what that means, Woo Bin has been with his kid at Wufan’s house –”

 

“so have you”

 

“– and I didn’t know Wufan was into kids, or men with kids, should I have a kid?” Chanyeol finished and looked at his cousin waiting for an answer.

 

“You need a doctor, and fast, want me to call Sunggyu hyun?”

 

“Were you even listening to what I was saying?”

 

“I did, that’s why you need a doctor, you are seriously overreacting” Sungyeol put another chip inside his mouth, “If you get a kid, my aunt will castrate you and probably lynch me so no, you do not need a kid, you just need to talk to Wufan and legitimately ask him out” Chanyeol was dumbfounded by his cousin.

 

“Wow~~ You are indeed mature”

 

“Yah, you little piece of –” Chanyeol jumped off the couch and ran to the door before getting hit by the older.

 

“Bye hyun, thanks”

 

“Aish this kid” the older looked at his watch, “aish, I missed my drama” he whined.