Heart

I Don't Hate You

 

 

 

Ever since Eunyoung was able to read, she fell in love with fairytales. She loved how Cinderella deserves to breakthrough the cage her stepmothers and stepsisters locked her in, and won the heart of the prince. She loved how persistent Little Mermaid is on becoming a human. She loved how everything is always justified in the end. She loved how everything was just happily ever after.

Growing up, Eunyoung had never thought falling in love could be this difficult. She had fallen in love before her debut, but she was a high school student back then. Commitment wasn't there, and breakups were bound to happen. She swore to be very careful in matters of love.

But when she met Cha Hakyeon, falling in love with him never crossed her mind. He was witty and all, but his first impression never really won a place in her heart. It was when she spent more time with him, her heart started to open up, and let Hakyeon into her life. And when she falls in love, she falls till the end. 

She thought Hakyeon was someone who was loyal. At the beginning, he only dared to talk to Eunyoung. And, he also seemed to pay a lot of attention to her. It was something Eunyoung truly appreciate. 

However, guys being guys, their heart changes like how girls changes clothes, Eunyoung felt stupid to even believed that Hakyeon was loyal. Just a date with another girl, his heart changed immediately. Or was it that he never even looked her way? 

She should stay away from him. Yes, like how G.Na did when she realized Jonghun's heart was not with hers. And so, she tried to get close with Kevin. 

Kevin was a gentleman. He was very polite and seemed to know when to console Eunyoung when she was crying. She tried to think that maybe Kevin was the one, but her heart was stubborn. Everything Kevin and her did just reminded her of Hakyeon. She felt sorry for Kevin. 

Kevin has become her brother every since then. He may not understand her fully, but he knew just what to do to make her feel better. He acknowledges his position as an older brother and he had vowed to help Eunyoung in every way possible. Eunyoung was thankful.

This time, Kevin was only able to help her halfway through. The other half, Eunyong was afraid that she had to solve it herself. She had been thinking for days and nights. Everyday, her heart would better back and forth. Every night, her heart will have a change of mind. It was so frustrating that Eunyoung thought she could kill herself.

"Dump both of them," Eun said one night. It seemed like a reasonable solution. But for some reason, Eunyoung couldn't bring herself to do that. If the guys needed her to choose, she will choose.

 


 

"Eunyoung? What are you doing here?"

Eunyoung's heart was beating and she set her eyes on the ground. The man in front of her was dressed in a simple white shirt, baggy pants and his hair was in a mess. It may not look good in public, but to her, he looked incredible.

"Hello? Eunyoung?" He placed his hands on her shoulder and shook it. 

"Oh sorry," she was snapped back into reality. "I-I was spacing out."

He smirked. "I didn't know there is this side of Eunyoung." 

"Yah!" she hits his chest. 

"Okay okay, I take back what I said," he chuckled. "But seriously, what are you doing here at 3 a.m.?" 

"Can I come in?" she asked. He simply nodded and let her walked past him. He closed the door. 

"Did you see anybody followed you?" he asked. He was worried if someone caught her entering a male's dorm.

"No," she said and sat on the couch. "I didn't see anyone."

He took the seat next to hers. "Are you okay?" He placed one of his hands on her forehead. 

Eunyoung shook her head. "I am fine, I just, I just don't know how to get the message across properly."

"What message?" 

She turned to look at him. "Oppa, I'm choosing you."

 


 

N was stunned. He looked at the girl who is comfortably sitting in the couch. When she said that she chose him, she immediately blushed and looked away. N thought that it was pretty cute. 

But he always thought that she would choose Seyong.

"You are not pitying me, are you?" N questioned.

"No, I am not," Eunyoung said. "I am being very honest here. I am choosing you."

N smiled. He felt his heart leaped several times from happiness. He put his hand around Eunyoung and pulled her closer to him. He felt her flinched at his sudden touch, but she relaxed when she knew it was him. N couldn't blame her. He hadn't done much skinship to her anyway. 

"Why?" he asked. "Can I know why I was chosen?"

She rested her head on his shoulder and cleared . "Well, it was really hard for me to decide, but, as cheesy as it may sounds, because of you, I've been holding on for so long. I couldn't let go of you, no matter how hard I try. And when I finally got you, you betrayed me."

N felt like as if someone just pierced his heart with a needle. He felt guilty, of course.

"Even though you betrayed me, I still couldn't let go," she said. Then, N realized her voice was getting softer. He looked down and saw that her eyes were teary. He held her closer. 

"Even if I did forget you, whenever I look at you again, the feelings came rushing back," she continued. "It's like an endless loop."

He hugged her and patted her back. "I am sorry, Eunyoung. You've been through a lot. You can cry now, if you want."

She shook her head. "No, oppa. I won't cry. I think I've cried enough in front of you." 

He chuckled. "And I also have hurt you enough. I promise to never hurt you again, okay?" 

She smiled. "You promised."

He nodded eagerly and slowly leaned in to close the gap in between. He could hear his heart beat in his ears, and he could see how red Eunyoung's face has become. He used his hands to cupped her face. 

"I promise to only love you," he whispered. Then, their lips met. He felt Eunyoung's arms wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer. The kiss was what the both of them was yearning for. The kiss that confirmed that they belonged to each other. 

 


 

"Are they making out?" Hyuk questioned his hyungs.

It was three in the morning, and they were awake because they were curious to who just rang their doorbell. Usually, crazy fans would do such things - you know, ring doorbells in the middle of night. So they sent their leader to the quest. But seeing that there were no screaming sounds, it must have been someone else.

Ken, being the curious one, opened the room's door to take a peek. When he saw Eunyoung in N's arms, he caught himself grinning from ear to ear. Then, he slowly shut the door.

"I think we just got ourselves a sister-in-law," Ken declared softly. He feared he would interrupt the hot situation outside.

"What? This fast?" Ravi asked, and he was quickly hushed by the others. "Is N going to make her pregnant?"

Ken smacked his head. "No, that's not what I meant. And no, she is not going to get pregnant. Oh my goodness, you guys."

 


"Why do I feel like a parent?" Kevin asked. 

A week had passed, and the news of Eunyoung and N dating is slowly fading from the top news. Of course, there would be effects of revealing such a relationship publicly. The number of Vixx's fans dropped. Two X's fans too, but not as much as Vixx's. Eunyoung guessed fan girls are more aggressive in this sort of thing. 

She texted Seyong, of course, saying that she chose N. Seyong simply replied "All the best" with a smiley face. 

Now that she trusts N fully, she revealed that she had been seeking relationship advices from Kevin. And so, she brought N to meet Kevin in the coffee shop that she and Kevin always meet up at.

"It feels like I am watching my children growing up," Kevin said and laughed. 

N laughed along, while Eunyoung just couldn't get what was so funny about it. 

"Well well, Hakyeon," Kevin calmed down. "Take good care of Eunyoung. She is my little sister now, and I don't expect to see her soon in this coffee shop looking for me."

N nodded. "I will."

 


 

"How's Ellin?" Eunyoung asked.

"W-what?" N was startled by her sudden question.

Both of them were cuddling in the couch in the coffee shop room that N's uncle had given permission for them to stay. Jisoo is still a part-time worker, but ever since the news, she had keep her distance. Although N thought it was rather unnecessary, he respected Jisoo's decision. Eunyoung, on the other hand, hoped that she would be on good terms with Jisoo again.

"You look like you are pretty close to her," Eunyoung said. "She must have called you right? When she saw the news?"

"No, she didn't call me," he replied. "Even if she did, I don't think I want to answer it."

Eunyoung rolled her eyes. "Are you saying that because I am here?"

"No!" N denied. "Seriously, I don't really like Ellin. She sticks onto me too much."

Eunyoung chuckled. "I don't like her either."

N grinned. "You only like me right?"

Eunyoung scoffed and hit his chest. 

He chuckled. "Well, I only like you though. You are the best!"

 


 

 

 

The end.

(Please wait for the alternate ending!)