Chance

I Don't Hate You

 

 

"Right now?" Eunyoung asked.

It was past midnight and everyone in her dorm - well, except her - were asleep. Eunyoung wanted to go back to sleep too. Plus, one part of her didn't want to talk with N. But she has been avoiding him for so long, and nothing was resolved. Nothing. She still cries to sleep. She still thinks of him. Her heart still aches at the thought of him.

"Yeah," N nodded. "I know a coffee shop that is still open down the road. Shall we go?"

Eunyoung hesitated but accepted his offer anyway. She needed to stop those text messages coming in anyway.

She stuffed her hands in the pockets of her sweater. It was chilly. N, too, was feeling rather cold, so he stuffed his hands into his jeans' pockets. He took a glance at Eunyoung who was walking behind him. He wanted to hold her hand badly. He wanted to warm her hand. But for some reason, he thought it was rather strange to do it. Especially when he wasn't sure if he is still in Eunyoung's heart.

They arrived at the coffee shop N mentioned shortly. N held the door opened for Eunyoung and told her to make her way to the second floor. Eunyoung raised her eyebrow, but she didn't question. She took the stairs to the second floor, with N tailing her.

Once they reached the second floor, Eunyoung was surprised that there was only one table in the center of the room. Seeing she wouldn't move, N motioned her to take a seat. 

"Did you plan this?" Eunyoung questioned. There were even fairies light hung around the room. 

N simply shrugged. "Maybe."

Just then, a waiter arrived with two glasses of spring water. He placed it on our tables and dismissed himself. For some reason, Eunyoung felt that this talk that N wanted to have is pretty serious. The atmosphere made Eunyoung's every bit of emotion to fill her up. She needed honest answers. To get that, she need to be honest as well.

"Do you hate me?" Her first question traveled through her mind to her voice. 

N didn't seemed taken aback by her question. He was relaxed, as if he knew Eunyoung was going to ask that very question. "No, I don't."

"Do you love me?" She continued.

N looked directly into her eyes when he replied, "I do."

Eunyoung felt tears in her eyes. "Then, why did you have to break my heart?"

"I am sorry," N said. "I was an idiot. I didn't meant to choose Ellin, but Boom hyung cut me off too soon. Then, I thought you wouldn't want to choose me in return for the next round. We are on TV. I wasn't thinking straight."

All the emotions that Eunyoung had built up were finally at its peak. She couldn't handle anymore. All the heartache she felt, she couldn't contain it in herself anymore. She broke down, right in front the person who was the reason why she was in a mess the first place. Love, is indeed the most complex thing ever existed. Her affection towards him did not end. No matter how much he had hurt her, she couldn't bear to forget about him. She must have looked like an idiot as well, for forgiving N. But she did anyway. She forgave N.

N left his seat and went to hug Eunyoung. He let her cried in his arms. He let her cursed and complained about his wrong doings. He deserved this. He knew he had broke her heart too many times. He knew he was lucky to have a girl who will run back to him no matter what. Something told him he didn't deserve such forgiveness, but he didn't care. Eunyoung gave him another chance, and he vowed to never screw it up.

"I love you," he whispered into her ears as she cried.

 


 

Eunyoung woke up the next morning and she smiled immediately when she saw N was still beside her. After she cried and cried in N's arms, she got so tired that she didn't felt like walking back to her dorm. Then, N suggested that they could spend the night in the coffee shop itself. He knew the owner, so it was easy to ask for permission. They managed to find blankets from the storeroom and made themselves a comfy bed on the floor.

Eunyoung took her phone which was placed right next to her, on the floor. She wanted to know the time. She wanted to leave the place early so no one will really notice that she and N just camped in a coffee shop. It was six thirty in the morning.

"Good morning," N greeted Eunyoung. She was startled a bit. She didn't know she woke him up. 

"I am so sorry," she apologized. "Did I woke you up?"

"Nah, it's okay," he said and sat up. "I can't feel your warmth anymore, so I had to open my eyes to make sure you didn't disappear."

Eunyoung chuckled. "Well oppa, we'd better get going before anyone catch us."

N grabbed her by her wrist. "Wait." 

She looked him, confused. But before she could make sense of the situation, she found N slowly leaning closer to her. Immediately, she found her face flushed and her heart beat increases. Their eyes never left each other as N finally closed the gap between them.

Eunyoung have always wanted to be with him. She always wondered what does it feel like to date him. But she had never thought that how heavenly their kiss would be. Their lips met and they kissed. It was rather a lingering kiss as when they broke away, Eunyoung caught herself breathless. 

N smiled. "Now, we can go."

 


 

 

<3