Truths

I Don't Hate You

 

 

 

"So, what are you going to do, Hakyeon?"

His boss tapped his fingers on the desk. N was sitting right across with his heart beating hard at each second. His face and name had been spreading in lightning speed all over the internet. He didn't even had the time to go through every article alone. He was called into the office the first thing in the morning, and it was his boss who showed him each and every article. 

N had sent a text to Eunyoung. He wasn't sure she was still asleep or she had already been called to her own company's office. Whatever it is, he hoped that Eunyoung was alright. 

"There are two options right now," his boss said. "One: make the relationship public. Two: deny everything and keep your distance from Eunyoung."

N bantered back and forth between the two options. The first one may be the immediate answer for most people, but making their relationship public costs the reduce of fans. And both of them are still rookies. They can't afford to lose fans. The second option seemed to cruel for N to execute. He can't dump Eunyoung again. He just can't. 

"Can I discuss with Eunyoung?" 

His boss sighed. "Okay. Do it quick. We need to reply to the media quick, before they jump to some crazy conclusions."

N thanked his boss and left the room. He dialed Eunyoung's number immediately. 

 


 

Eunyoung couldn't believe it. She could believe how ridiculous was the media to jump to conclusions, but what she couldn't comprehend was the fact that Jisoo betrayed her. Didn't Jisoo promised to keep the relationship a secret? What happened to that?

"Hello?" she croaked into the phone. She mentally slapped herself. She cleared and said it again.

The person on the other side of the line chuckled. "I guess you just woke up?"

Eunyoung felt her cheeks warmed at the comment. "Well, not really."

"Then, why didn't you call me?" 

"I am sorry, oppa. I was having a headache and I was having a hard time digesting the news..."

N sighed on the other end. "It's alright. Have you been called to the office yet?"

"No, not yet. Have you?"

"I was just talking to my boss," he said. "But your opinion on this is important as well. What do you want to do? Shall we go public?"

"Public?" She repeated his word. 

"I know it is rather a risky option, but I don't want to deny everything," he said.

Eunyoung nodded. She understand how he felt. She didn't want to cut their relationship off like this. If the medias think that they could ruin them, Eunyoung wanted to prove them wrong. "Okay," she said in the end.

"And perhaps we can get Seyong to clear things up, since he was obviously there when everything happened," he continued. 

Seyong.

Something tell her that Seyong said something rather important to her while she was drunk, but she couldn't remember what it was. She remember being escorted to the washroom, and ended up not entering it. She remember sobbing and making Seyong's coat all wet. 

"And Eunyoung-ah," N said on the phone. "I know you and Seyong are on good terms, but don't get too attach to him. I get jealous."

Eunyoung chuckled. "Don't worry, oppa... but I would love to see you jealous."

 


 

Jisoo was working in the coffee shop. It was her usual night shift, and usually, the atmopshere was pretty quiet. When the sun sets, those who had worked all day come into the coffee shop to have a drink, or to have a nice chat with an old friend. You know, it wasn't all busy and it wasn't all too quiet. Jisoo liked it very much. Besides, she gets to look after her favorite celebrity couple at the upper floor. 

Jisoo considered herself to be lucky to come across Eunyoung and N. Who in the world gets the privilege to keep celebrities' secret from the public? It was nice to know that she was reliable for once. She used to be bad at keeping secrets, but she had improved. She had lost friends because of her bad habit, and she vowed to never do it again.

Jisoo's family is poor. Her mother is really ill and her father passed away a few years ago. She has an elder sister named Jihyun who works in the entertainment industry as a makeup artist. Jihyun is rarely home and her income wasn't enough to support Jisoo and her ill mother. Medication costs a lot and Jisoo decided to work part time. But even so, they are still short of money to send their mother to a proper hospital for medical help.

So when Jisoo was offered such a high price for telling the secret, she was really tempted. 

"You look like you are keeping something from me," a middle-aged man spoke to her when she was on her way home from work. "Tell me something about Vixx's N and Two X's Eunyoung. You will rewarded, I promise."

"How much?" Jisoo blurted out.

The man smirked. "As much as you want, miss."

 


 

"Oppa, do you like me?"

"W-what are you saying?"

"Answer me, oppa!"

"Y-you may be right."

"Don't stutter! Say it properly!"

"I like you, Joo Eunyoung."

 


 

Eunyoung had her hoodie on. She tried to dress as simple as possible to blend into the crowd. It has only been a day since the news went viral, so she had to take extra cautious step. 

She boarded the train to the next town. 

The night before, her memory decided to make a comeback by showing her what exactly happened between Seyong and her. The memory was vivid enough for Eunyoung to know that her brain wasn't playing tricks on her. She wondered if that was why N warned her to not stick too close to Seyong. If he knew about Seyong's feelings, she wondered if they had fought or not. She certainly did not want them to.

When the train reached her desired destination, she walked out and climbed the stairs into the streets. The familiar street welcomed her. She smiled and hummed to herself while she made her way through the coffee shop that served delicious looking cake. The coffee shop whereby she met Kevin after a long time. 

She used Kevin's name and the waiter automatically directed her to the furthest table in the shop. Kevin must have chosen a more quiet place, since Eunyoung was technically the center of attention right now.

"Hello Eunyoung," Kevin greeted. "How are you?"

"I am surviving," she replied with a grin. When she was sure that the waiter had pulled the curtain that hid Kevin and her, she pulled down her hoodie.

"Well, I hope you are," Kevin said. "So, why did you call me? Is it because of the news?"

She shook her head. "Not really. Hakyeon oppa and I have it under control."

Kevin raised his eyebrow. 

"We are going to make our relationship public," she said. "Our companies had released their statements. All that is left for us is making a formal announcement on TV."

Kevin nodded. "Bold move, but I am impressed."

"Thanks," she said.

"If that's under control," Kevin started. "Then, why am I here?"

Eunyoung took a deep breath. "It's something I can't discuss with Hakyeon oppa... Do you know Seyong?"

He smiled. "That blonde dude that you paired up in the episode of All The Kpop?"

Eunyoung chuckled. "Yes. That's the one. He sorts of, has a crush on me."

"Oh?" Kevin was clearly amused. 

"I think Hakyeon oppa knows," she continued. "And, I have received calls from Seyong asking about me. I am thankful that he cares, but I don't know if he knows that I know. I was quite drunk when he kind of confessed..."

"So what are you saying, Eunyoung?" Kevin asked. "Are you picking between the two? I thought you are going to go public with Hakyeon?"

She kept quiet. She was equally confused. She loves N, that's for sure. She also likes Seyong, well, maybe not in that way. But Seyong cares so much for her that she just couldn't turn him down. She must admit that Seyong was reliable. Sometimes, more reliable than Hakyeon himself. 

"I may not have a lot of experiences in love," Kevin said. "But I know that if you keep the two of them close to you for a long time, it's going to be hard to shake one off later."

Eunyoung thought about how much of a jerk Hakyeon was. She also feared that he would hurt her again. What if she made the wrong choice? She couldn't even make proper decisions right now since Jisoo betrayed her. She couldn't talk to her members about this because she knew the news had bothered them enough. She could only trust Kevin for now. 

"Seyong must be really charming to have make your heart waver," Kevin pointed out. 

 


 

 

 

 

I am sleep deprived at the moment.

Maybe that is why this chapter came out confusing.

But I wanted to update because I will be going on a family vacation for the next 5 days, so yeah.

And, your comments really made me laugh out loud! 

And some of your comments really had me thinking about how I should go with this story.

Seyong? Or N?