Alternate Ending

I Don't Hate You

 

 

 

"If you are torn between two people, pick the second; because if really liked the first, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."

Kevin nodded and felt extremely proud of his quote. Well, it's not technically his, but he thought that Eunyoung needed it. And by the way Eunyoung was strucked with silence after the quote, Kevin thought he did a good job.

"You stole it from the Internet right?" Eunyoung questioned.

Kevin forced a laugh. "Well, the Internet is pretty useful."

Eunyoung chuckled. "Thank the Internet for me, if you will."

Kevin took a sip of his coffee. "Will do."

 


 

Eunyoung couldn't sleep that night. Although after meeting with Kevin late at night was pretty helpful, she still couldn't make up her mind. Should she choose N, who she was waiting and fighting for months? Or should she choose Seyong, who managed to snatch part of her heart away just by a confession? 

But the quote Kevin said to her was something she couldn't forget as well. It made sense to her. If she liked N enough, she wouldn't have fallen for Seyong. Argh. She sat up from her bed and she felt the urge to punch something. If she didn't like N enough, then why did she fight for so long? Why did she cry and felt the world was falling apart when N didn't choose her? 

She got up and decided to get a glass of water to drink. She went into the kitchen. As she was taking sips of water from her glass, she walked towards the TV in the living hall and switched it on. She flipped the channels with the remote control. She stopped when she saw herself on TV. 

All The Kpop.

Great.

She sat down on the couch and watched herself being carried by Seyong in the dark. Seyong was surprisingly small. He looked small among the guys. He wasn't very muscular or very tall. But Eunyoung thought he looked cute. She just need to get rid of her heels to look good beside him, or Seyong should get higher insoles. 

Eunyoung shook her head. Now she is even thinking of how would she look standing beside Seyong? She switched off the TV. She stood up, put back the glass in the kitchen, and went back into her bedroom. 

Then, she spotted her phone's screen came to life. Due to the darkness of the room, she had to squint her eyes to look at it. When saw the notification, her heart almost leaped out from her chest. It was from Seyong.

Since it's already 3 a.m., and considering that you haven't tell me your answer yet, I should tell you what time is my flight tomorrow. My plane takes off at 7.30 a.m.

Eunyoung sighed. She had approximately four hours and a half to make up her mind. 

 


 

It was morning. Eunyoung woke up with a shock. She looked at the clock. 6.30 a.m.  

She had made up her mind. She knew who to choose. But she didn't want to text him. She wanted to see him. 

She needed to get to the airport.

She hopped off her bed, rushed into the bathroom for a quick shower, changed into a comfortable outfit, and woke Jiyou up. She needed Jiyou to drive her there.

"Unnie, get me to the airport. Fast!" Eunyoung said as she shook the leader awake.

"What? Why?" 

"No time for questions," Eunyoung said. "Come on!"

 


 

She liked N. Yes, that was true. She kept on hoping N would look her way, but N, being a complete idiot, didn't see her...until very recently. She would be lying if she said she trust N fully. Truthfully, sometimes she questions N's reliability. He had made her cry so many times. To make things worse, it was all recorded on tape. Even her parents back home felt N was not the best person for their daughter to end up with.

She wondered why haven't her parents call her up to question about the public relationship with N.

But deep down inside, she feared that N would hurt her again. All the things that he had done to her had definitely scared her. She was afraid that once N was sure that she was his, he would leave her for someone else again. Then it was like Romantic & Idol all over again. 

On the other hand, there is Seyong. Both of them weren't really close, but there is something about Seyong that make her feel protected already. And the way Seyong said it, Eunyoung felt loved. Eunyoung wanted to give this relationship a shot.

And she had got to admit that Seyong looked way more adorable than N.

And just like what the quote had pointed out, she wouldn't have fallen for Seyong if she love N enough.

 


 

Eunyoung was in disguise. Of course she had to. She was in the airport. And Myname was departing for Japan. There should be fans and press medias. She had to becareful.

It was already 7.00 a.m., and Eunyoung was pretty sure that the gate just open. Her eyes scanned for any signs of big crowd; and probably the ones with the most girls. When she found it, she rushed towards it. She needed to see and talk to Seyong. A text message or a phone call will not suffice.

When she reached the crowd, she stood there. It was not Myname. It was some other celebrity. She searched for another crowd again, but there was no other crowds. Did that mean that Myname had went into the gate? If so, Eunyoung came a little bit too late. She can't get in without an air ticket.

She sighed and looked for a place to sit. She woke up Jiyou early in the morning just to had her drive her to the airport. Jiyou was always supportive of Eunyoung's choices, and now that she couldn't find Seyong, it had become such a waste. 

She really had to text him now.

She took out her phone and started typing. She wasn't looking at where she was going. All her attention was on the text message. Then, she bumped onto someone. Her phone dropped onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry," Eunyoung apologized to the stranger. 

The stranger picked up her phone and gave it to her. "No worries. Just becareful next time."

"Oppa?" She looked up. His voice was familiar, and when she looked at him, she caught herself grinning. Even though his blonde hair was half covered with a cap, and he was wearing sunglasses, Eunyoung could recognize him immediately. 

"Eunyoung?" Seyong was shocked. "W-what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you," she simply replied. 

"Me?"

She nodded brightly. "Oh, by the way, why is there no fans bidding you farewell?"

Seyong shrugged. "Our company kept our flight a secret. I guess they did a good job."

Eunyoung looked at her phone again. Her text message was almost complete. She quickly hit a few more buttons to complete it. "Here, I promised you a text message."

Seyong raised his eyebrow and took the phone. 

I'm choosing you. So you'd better take a better care of me than Hakyeon oppa.

Eunyoung smiled when she caught Seyong chuckling at the message. 

"You came all the way here just to let me see this message?" He asked.

She shook her head. "There is another thing." She tiptoed and reached out her hands to cupped Seyong's face. Then, she gave him a light peck on his lips. 

Seyong could only stare at her in shock.

Eunyoung looked away, and her face was heating up. "Now, you can fly in peace right?"

"Not quite," he said and almost in a flash, he caught Eunyoung's lips. He was kissing her. Eunyoung was shocked of course, but she was happy that he did it. She kissed him back, and tried not to faint due to the overload of happiness she was feeling right then.

When they pulled away, both of them were blushing. 

"Well, I have to go now," Seyong said. 

"Okay," she nodded. She didn't want him to go, really. "Have a safe flight."

Seyong took her hand. "Wait for me, okay?"

 


 

"So, how are we going to terminate the public relationship as soon as possible?" Seyong asked. 

Two weeks had passed, and he was back from Japan. Immediately after that, he called Eunyoung and N to meet up. He needed to solve this problem. He knew that a simple solution is to announce to the public that N and Eunyoung had broken up. But that would probably make N and Eunyoung look bad. You know, ending a relationship two weeks after it had been announced to the public. It would make them look like they couldn't handle the burden.

N looked up. He was thinking of a solution. 

Seyong was thankful that N was completely supportive of Seyong and Eunyoung. He even told Eunyoung that if Seyong ever break her heart, N would break Seyong's bones. 

"It may not be to your liking," N started. "But, we could drag this 'public relationship' out for another two weeks or so. Then, after that, our companies can officially release another statement."

Eunyoung nodded. She liked the idea.

Seyong nodded too. He was fine with it. As long as the public relationship of N and Eunyoung will be eventually terminated. He can't date a girl when the entire world knows the girl was supposedly dating another man.

"Okay then," N stood up. "I will leave the both of you alone now. You two haven't seen each other in two weeks, I bet both of you are craving for some alone time."

Eunyoung blushed. Seyong forced out a laugh.

N laughed. "Just don't get into trouble." He winked at the both of them.

"Get out, oppa," Eunyoung said to N. 

N put up both of his hand to surrender. "Okay okay." Then, he went out.

"So, shall we continue where we left two weeks ago?" Seyong teased Eunyoung.

Eunyoung's eyes widen. "What? What are you going to do?"

Seyong chuckled. "I'm just kidding."

 


 

 

The end.