Nightmare

Over Protective

 

“YOU !!” he screamed at me before letting go of my neck, making me fall to the ground.

I hit the floor with a thud. I gasped for air, not being able to concentrate. Before I could do anything or even catch my breath, I felt a sharp pain hit my stomach. I wrenched in pain as I furrowed my eyes together. The panic in my chest had built up to panic attacks that struck me as I found it even harder to breathe.

Even though my mind was all blank, I already knew what had happened. Kris had kicked my right in the gut. He hadn’t just kicked me, he had kicked me hard.

How did I deserve this? I didn’t even kiss Minho. I knew what he had done wasn’t exactly right, but neither was kicking me. I felt like crying and screaming at the same time, but I just clenched my teeth together and in the pain.

All I wanted right now was Minho to just hold me. When Minho was there, everything would magically be okay. As I tried to gather strength to get up, I held my body up by my arms which were shaking like crazy. I still felt Kris’s presence as I struggled to sit up. I was almost breathless as my body seemed to need more air than my lungs could manage to get down. I slowly turned to look up at Kris who was just standing there, staring at me.

“I can’t believe I ever trusted you, .” he yelled through his teeth as he looked at me in despise, “you promised you would never hurt me.”

I wanted to tell him so bad how I hadn’t done anything. Even though I didn’t owe him an explanation, I just wanted him to know I hadn’t sunk as low as him. I wanted to scream out how I might have hurt him, but what about what he was doing to me right now. I couldn’t though. My breath was uneven and I no words were able to escape from my mouth. 

“YOU PROMISED!!” he yelled as I saw his foot inches away from my face before I shut my eyes closed.

I heard a loud bump moments before an unbelievably pain struck the left side of my face. I let out a small scream, but couldn’t manage to scream more because of the lack of air. I couldn’t hear anything. The loud bump had made it impossible for me to hear anything else than the loud ringing tinnitus noise in my head.

I buried my face in my hands as I felt my eyes starting to tear up. He just kicked me in my face, I thought as I repeated it in my head, trying to understand the situation. I didn’t though. My mind was completely out of reach as a hundred thoughts ran through it a second and the ringing noise was giving me a headache.

How could someone do something like this? I felt my body shaking as it had to make an effort to keep me from falling back on the floor. I was sitting against the wall and even though Kris didn’t say anything, I could still feel his presence.

I was still breathing heavily as I felt a tear escape my eye and roll down my cheek. I didn’t want to cry. I didn’t feel like crying, I felt like getting out of there, but my body just had to react in some way to everything that was happening.

I let one of my hands slide down to my neck, placing it on the area where Kris had almost strangled me. I felt like screaming or running for my life, but I couldn’t.

My legs didn’t pick themselves up and I was afraid if I tried, Kris would knock me back down.

He was crazy. I couldn’t believe I had never seen this coming. If I only knew about all this from the start, but unfortunately he didn’t have “psycho” spelled on his forehead when we started going out.

As I tried to catch my breath, I heard steps. I don’t know if it was the ringing noise in my head messing with me, but it sounded as Kris was dragging his feet across the floor. I couldn’t tell if they got louder or more distant. I prayed he wasn’t coming towards. I felt my body let out a big shiver by the thought of him touching me again.

I just sat there with my hands on my face and neck as I heard a low mumble. I couldn’t make any words of what was being said. First of all it was in a very low voice and second of all I still had that ringing tinnitus sound in my head.

My head was hurting so bad now and it felt like my face was on fire. I need to do something, I thought, I need to get out of here. I slowly removed my hand from my face, not opening my eyes. I couldn’t hear anything but the ringing sound so I didn’t know if Kris was still in the room.

As I tried to open my eyes, a sharp pain struck the area around my left eye, causing me to let out a sudden groan in pain. It was in that area Kris had kicked me so I had to try and not move it while I slowly opened my right eye.

At first I couldn’t see anything. I just felt the tears falling, rolling down my cheeks. They made everything blurry. I let go of my neck to wipe the tears away and I slowly started to get my sight back. As far as I could see, no one was in the room.

My heart was still racing as I lightly turned my head to get a view of the whole room. No one. I was alone in the bedroom. I felt a sudden relief in my chest, but only for a couple of seconds as I heard a door slam loudly. It made my body jump which made the pain in my stomach grow bigger. It all went silent after that. It was only myself trying to deal with the pain and the ringing noise that were left.

Was that... the front door? I thought to myself, feeling a hint of hope. Now was the chance. If he really had left, I knew I had to get out of there now before he came back. Who knew how long he would be gone? I tried to pull myself off the floor, but the pain in my stomach made it hard. I heard myself groan in pain as I finally got off the floor, leaning on the wall for support. I stood there for a moment, bending forwards as the pain in my stomach kicked in harder than before. I took a deep breath as I almost had caught up with my breath again. I saw red spots on the carpet as I looked down, still bending. 

“Blood?” I asked myself in a husky whisper as I slowly made my way to the spot Kris had kicked me in my face with my shaking hand.

It hurt so badly. I knew I had to touch it very gently. 

“Aaauch,” I said slowly in a low voice as my hand touched the spot.

As I turned to look at my hand again, I found it dripping with blood. I didn’t even notice I was bleeding before. It hurt so badly that the area was almost numb by the pain.

I slowly started walking towards my bag, still bending forwards as I tried to cause as little pain in my stomach as possible. I needed to get the bag with me. I didn’t ever want to get back here. If I left the bag, someone would have to go back here and I didn’t want anyone to ever see Kris again, including myself.

When I got to my bag after almost dragging my feet across the floor as I couldn’t find the strength to walk, I found it too hard to carry as I had almost all my stuff in the huge bag.

I exhaled deeply and started to panic a bit. I needed to get out of there and I needed my bag with me. I’ll drag it, I thought before I started dragging it across the floor. It seemed a lot easier than carrying it all the way, and it was.

When I came to the door I suddenly thought of where to go. I didn’t drive to Kris’s place as I needed some fresh air before going there. That was a good thing though. There was no way I could drive in this condition.

I thought of going to my own apartment, but it was too far away. I couldn’t possibly walk all the way there with all this pain and my big bag. I let out a big sigh as I realized I had to go to Minho’s.

I already knew how he would react, but I had to. He was the one living closest to Kris and my car was there as well. I just hoped he would understand why I went here. I had broken up with him now. I was finally free. I didn’t ever have to see Kris again.

I went outside and started making my way to Minho’s, wishing for the best.