blood

Over Protective

“You know you couldn’t treat her any better yourself,” Kris said under his breath, trying to knock Minho down.

In that second, Minho’s eyes went from anger to disbelief.

“Do you really think that? REALLY?” Minho exclaimed, furrowing his eyebrows while trying to get a grip of Kris’s arms so he wouldn’t punch him anymore. “How can you say- you-... YOU were the one hurting her time after time, not letting her see us, HER FRIENDS!!!” Minho shouted angrily while still punching Kris and receiving a few punches himself, “I’ve listened to the girl I love being sad over her stupid boyfriend for keeping an eye on her too much,” he said, out of breath and furious at Kris. 

My eyes widened as I heard Minho’s words. I gazed at him as he was still fighting off Kris. Did he just call me the girl he-

“I have always been there for her, loving and caring for her, only wishing she would see how better I would be instead of you, because YOU ARE AN IDIOT!” Minho shouted, cutting my thoughts off. “I LOVE HER!” 

They were both breathing heavily when the boys finally parted the boys, both bloody. My heart sank.

 

......

 

Everyone went quiet. Even Kris. Did he just say... I thought as my jaw dropped.

I saw the guys looking surprised at Minho, furrowing their eyebrows a bit by the news. Minho was breathing heavily as his eyes still bored into Kris’s with fury. I felt my hand making its way to my heart, feeling it beat faster and faster. I gazed at Minho as I tried to make sense of what he had just said. He loved me? I mean, yes, I thought he liked me back after our moment last night, but had he really loved me while I had been with Kris? Had I really wasted my time with Kris while this amazing guy had loved me all along? 

“I KNEW IT!” Kris shouted as he turned to look at me, releasing me from my thoughts, “I TOLD YOU I COULDN’T TRUST THEM! I TOLD YOU, [YN], YOU STUPID-“

“SHUT UP!” Minho shouted as he attempted to get away from Onew and Key’ grip of him, but as his body seemed to have used so much energy and strength beating Kris and being beaten itself, Jjong and Taemin were stronger than him and held him back.

“Minho, let’s go. He’s not worth it,” Key said in a calm voice, trying to catch Minho’s eyes.

Minho didn’t seem to hear a word of what key was saying. He was looking at Kris with rage, flexing his muscles as if he was ready to kill him. I found myself taking a step towards Minho, but before I could get any closer, EunHye pulled me back, not wanting me to get hurt if they were to burst into another fight. I gazed longingly at Minho, wanting to calm him down and tell that I loved him too. Because I did. I really loved him. I guess I kind of always had even though I had been dating Kris. As I was stupid enough to fall for Kris, thinking Minho would never see me as more than a friend, Kris had just pushed the feelings aside.

“I should’ve never trusted any of you,” Kris said staring sternly at me, making a shiver run down my spine.

I felt so uncomfortable having him looking at me like that. I felt EunHye grip of me tighten as if she was ready to protect me if Kris were to escape the guys and run to me. He was still staring at me and Minho noticed that. From the corner of my eye I saw him look from Kris to me and back at Kris again.

“Don’t you even THINK about touching her,” Minho said through his teeth in despise of Kris, “Nothing ever happened between us while you were together, ‘cause you see, I’m actually good to her. I hid my feelings away when she started seeing you, so I wouldn’t hurt or confuse her because I thought she loved you!”

I quickly looked from Kris to Minho as I felt my heart drop. I couldn’t believe he would do that. He had put my feelings before his own just because he thought I loved Kris. I mean, I guess I did at the time. But it was nothing compared to how I was feeling about Minho right now.

I suddenly felt so bad, thinking that Minho probably had been feeling sad during the good times I had had with Kris before he started complaining about me seeing them. I know I did the first time Minho dated a girl while I liked him. Of course that was a very long time ago. I had been so dumb. I wish I had known about his feelings before.

 

I just gazed longingly at Minho, furrowing my eyebrows in frustration. I felt a sudden urge to just be close to him. I wanted him to know that I cared for him.

I looked EunHye who was still by my sides. I didn’t know what to say to her. I didn’t know how to explain how badly I just wanted to be by Minho’s side. I looked at her, furrowing my eyes, hoping she would understand somehow. I guess my facial expression was enough. she slowly letting go of me, flashing me a smile, but still looking a bit concerned.

I turned to look at Minho who was still staring at Kris with caution. I could tell Kris was searching for words, not knowing how to reply Minho. I guess he knew Minho was speaking the truth. I started stumbling my way to Minho, ignoring the pain in my stomach. As I reached him, Key, Onew, Jjong and Taemin looked at me while still holding Minho and Kris. I looked from Key to Onew, hoping they would release their grip of Minho so I could get to him. They, too, shared a quick look, concerned wether or not Minho would run to Kris as he was still staring angrily at him. I tried to catch Minho’s eyes, but he was still looking sternly at Kris.


“Minho?” I said in a low voice, a bit husky after not having spoken in a long time.

Minho finally turned to meet my gaze, making my heart stop for a quick second. I saw the fury in his eyes slowly fade as they locked with mine. Soon his eyes were radiating their normal loving and caring look I loved. As my eyes traveled down his face, I saw blood everywhere. Blood Kris had caused to appear. I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration. He shouldn’t have gotten hurt because of me. I can’t believe I caused this, I though as I gently raised my finger to let it down Minho’s cheek. I furrowed my eyes in frustration before gazing into Minho’s eyes again. Onew and Key seemed to believe he wasn’t going to do anything as they slowly took a step away from Minho.

 


“You should be resting,” Minho said in a calm voice. 

His voice made me forget about everything around us. I felt his warm hand slid into mine as he flashed me a weak smile. 

“Minho, I’m- I’m so sorry...” I said as I tightened the grip of his hand, frustrated about this whole situation.

I didn’t know how to continue. I just gazed into his eyes eagerly wanting him to understand how sorry I was about this whole situation and how much I loved him, but not being about to tell him with words. A small smile escaped Minho’s lips as if he already knew what I wanted to tell him. He slowly brought his shaking arm up to let his hand cup my cheek, gently it with his thumb.

Even though this whole situation was crazy, I seemed to manage to forget about it all and just smile. I had totally forgotten about the guys staring at us and Kris standing a couple of meters away. I just gazed into Minho’s deep eyes, getting lost in them. I was soon to remember of the others though.

Out of a sudden, I heard a loud roar which caused Minho’s and my eyes to part and look the way it was coming from. Before I knew it, Kris had escaped all the boys’ grips. He looked so crazy. His eyes were exactly how they had been when he had held my throat against the wall, almost strangled me. I couldn’t react. I couldn’t do anything. It all went by so fast. I tightened the grip of Minho’s hand as I saw Kris move closer. It was like in movies when everything is in slow motion. Even though it felt like that, I didn’t have time to do anything.

I heard my name being yelled loudly several times, but I couldn’t manage to tell who was yelling. The last thing I remembered was Minho moving quickly, making me turn to look at him. After that I feeling a stabbing pain hit my head and everything went black.