lovebites

Over Protective

 

“Good Morning”

I woke up as I felt a warm hand me down my back. I groaned as I was almost still asleep, not wanting to wake up yet. 

“[YN], Wake up,” I heard a soft voice say close to my ear.

I instantly recognized Minho’s voice and tried to open my eyes, turning towards his voice. As I slightly opened my eyes, a light blinded my eyes, making me shut them again. I heard Minho laugh lightly as he my cheek.

“It’s looking much better today,” he said, referring to the mark on my cheek and reminding me of everything that had happened last night.

My heart skipped a beat before getting used to the thought again. Kris, I thought as I felt the goosebumps forming on my arms. I groaned again as I turned away, trying to escape from everything. I just wanted to go back to sleep and wake up to all this being gone. Not like that would happen, but I wished it could. I sighed heavily.

“It’s 11 am, I need to go to an interview,” he said, “are you going to be okay?”

I flicked my eyes widely open.

“11 am? Oh No! I have school!” I said as I quickly sat up as I realized it was Friday. I looked at Minho’s watch by the bed. 11:03 am. As I turned to see him, I found him all dressed in blue jeans, a black t-shirt and a blazer, his hair all perfect. “Why didn’t you wake me up?”

As I was about to pull the covers off, Minho gently put a hand on my shoulder.

“umm.. how about skipping school today? You’ve had a rough night,” he said in a calm voice as he gazed into my eyes.

As I thought of his idea, I suddenly felt a little relieved. I really didn’t feel like going to school. I would only think about Kris or Minho and not be able to concentrate at all. I gazed into Minho’s beautiful eyes while nodding slowly, flashing a weak smile.

“I made you some breakfast,” Minho said with a smile, “it’s in the kitchen. I’m sorry, but I have to leave, we’re already late for the interview. You can stay here as long as you want and please call me if anything happens. Oh, and please be safe. Don't go see that stupid 'boyfriend' of yours."

I let out a small laugh under my breath and nodded.

“Thank you,” I said smiling at him

“See you later,” he said, biting his lip as he winked at me before leaving the room.

I smiled to myself when he had left. I really liked him. I heard the front door being opened and closed and decided it was time for me to get up to.

 

What was I going to do today? Should I see Kris? I really just wanted to get this over with. I felt a lump in my chest as I thought of seeing him again. I knew Minho wouldn’t want to me go, but I just wanted this over and done now. I rose from the bed, suddenly feeling all brave. I had to do it, and I wanted it done now.
 

 

 


* * * 
 

 

 

Here we go, I thought as I took a deep breath, looking at the familiar front door. I was outside Kris’s apartment, determined to get this over with. I slowly opened the door to Kris’s apartment, suddenly hoping he wasn’t home. I knew I had to talk to him, but I guessed I just didn’t want to. I knew I had to though. I was frankly scared as hell as I went inside and closed the door silently. What if he was still mad? What if he was going to hit my again? As the thought me, I suddenly felt like this was a really bad idea. I slowly went into an empty living room. I heard myself sigh relived, but I soon heard a noise.

“Kr- Kris?” I tried to say, but it came out in a husky whisper as I feared a reply.

The apartment went all silent. I noticed I was holding my breath. I exhaled deeply when no one replied, closing my eyes. Thank god, I thought to myself.

I figured I could start collecting all my stuff before he came home. I started with my clothes which there were lots of. I found my big bag and started packing it quickly. I had to get the most important things first if he came home and I had to leave. I stuffed the bag with my clothes, make up, books and so on. As I went to the bathroom to get all my stuff from there I found the mirror broken on the floor. My eyes grew big as I realized that was what had shattered last night. A shiver ran down my spine as I quickly grabbed my stuff just to get out of there. I turned around quickly to leave the bathroom.

“[YN]?” I heard a voice say as I looked up to find Kris standing right in front of me.

My body went completely numb. I didn’t move at all. I just stared into his eyes, watching his every move. I felt my heart pound faster as he took a step towards me.

“[YN], you’re back!” he said with a smile on his face, trying to pull me in for a hug.

I quickly pushed him back and ran out of the bathroom. What to do, what to do, I thought as I started to panic. 

“[YN], listen, I am so sorry about last night. Please forgive me, babe,” Kris said as he ran out of the bathroom and tried to put his arms around my waist from behind.

“Don’t. Touch me!” I exclaimed coldly as a reflex, not even thinking about the words that came out of my mouth.

I thought my heart was going to hop out of my chest as he turned me around to look at me. As I caught his eyes I found them filled with regret and sorrow. I could tell he had been crying. I only felt sorry for him for a second before my face turned cold. 

“[YN], you know I wouldn’t do such-“

“We’re through,” I said cutting him off, wanting to get the hell out of there as quick as possible.

I was kind of impressed with myself. I just did it like that. I broke up with him. I really tried my best not to show my fear, but really, I was so frightened. I stood in the bedroom where he last night had hit me. Right in the face. Now, I just wanted to get out of there. 

“[YN], I need you, I love you..” he pleaded, taking a step closer towards me.

As I took a step back to avoid him getting any closer, I felt the wall against my back. Crap, I thought as I looked towards the door which was behind Kris. As I realized my eyes were furrowed in fear, I quickly snapped out of it, presenting a clear face, showing no emotion. I looked him sternly into his eyes, but when he was about to say something, I saw his eyes quickly turned confused as he looked at my neck.

“Is that...” he said taking a step closer as he my neck with his hands, his eyes suddenly furrowing in anger, “Is that a hickey?!”

My eyes grew big as I quickly put my hand on my neck, covering it up. I froze. I had forgotten everything about Minho leaving lovebites on my neck last night. I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. I gazed into Kris’s eyes as I saw them turn from hurt to complete fury. He violently removed my hand from my neck as he grabbed it to look closer. I felt a lump in my throat, making it impossible for me to say anything. As I felt his hand slowly tighten around my neck, my mind went crazy. All my instincts told me to get the hell out of there. My widened eyes fell on the door again before looking back into Kris’s which were now on mine. 

“Who. Did. This?!” he asked tightening his grip of my neck even more.

I felt a panic attack build in my chest as I feared for me not being able to breathe. I quickly grabbed the wrist of the hand he was holding my neck with as I tried to remove it without any luck. I saw his eyes turn more and more red as he frowned.

“ANSWER ME!!!” he screamed, frightening me. 

He was now physically hurting me again, pressing my neck against the wall. His eyes almost popped out of his face, looking at me with rage.

“Kr- Kris..” I stuttered in a whisper as I found it harder and harder to breathe.

I had never been more scared in my life. If only I had listened to Minho and not gone here alone. What was I thinking? My lungs started to hurt as I was now gasping for air. My neck hurt so bad as his grip tightened every second. His eyes looked absolutely crazy. My mind couldn’t follow anymore. Was he going to strangle me? I just stared into his eyes, not being able to keep the fear away anymore.