Promise

Over Protective

 

”Here you go,” Key said smiling as he handed me a glass of water and a pill.


I had to eat a whole lot of painkillers to keep the pain to a minimum. I took the pill and placed it under my tongue before swallowing it with a mouthful of water.

“Thanks,” I said and flashed him a smile before lying back down on the couch, lightly placing my head on Minho’s lap again. 

Everybody had been sitting in the living room, talking like we used to. It actually seemed as if everything was back to normal. Normal just with Kris out of the picture of course. And normal with me and Minho having confessed our feelings for each other without anybody knowing about it. We hadn’t had any alone time since Onew walked in the room at the hospital and I was eager to get him to myself.

 

I felt Minho’s hand gently reaching down to my cheek, it lightly, and causing me to smile. He had been so protective of me ever since we left the hospital. He had helped me walk since I was so exhausted after everything that had happened and the painkillers seemed to wear me out as well. He had made sure EunHye helped me in some of his clothes, and he had been by my side all the time. Well except when I had to change clothes. I hadn’t felt so protected and secure in a very, very long time. And it felt so nice. 


It was getting really late and everybody was ready to camp in the living room as we had planned for the movie night. They were deciding what movie to watch as I felt my eyelids getting heavier. Minho seemed to notice and bent down to my ear.

“You should get some sleep, [YN],” he said softly as his warm breath tickled my skin, “come on, you’ll stay in my room.”

I turned my head to look at him and found him closer than I had expected. I nodded slowly as my gaze fell to his perfect, red lips which were only so close to mine. He flashed me one of his charming smiles before helping me up. 

“Are you going to bed?” key asked in a disappointed voice as he pouted his lip for fun.

“um, I think sleep would do me good,” I said as I let out a small laugh as his expression.

He quickly turned his pout into a smile and gave me a big goodnight-hug, followed by the others.

“Goodnight, guys,” I said laughing after almost not being able to breathe by all their tight hugs.

As I was making my way to Minho’s room, I felt a secure arm around me, helping me walk. I smiled as I didn’t have to look to know it was Minho. He was so thoughtful and helpful. I rested my head on the side of his shoulder as we walked into his room. He only left my side to pull up the covers for me and helping me in bed. As I lightly laid my head on the pillow, I looked up at Minho who was on his knees so we were at eye level. 

“Do you want me to stay?” he asked me as he tangled his finger around a lock of my hair, smiling at me.

Honestly, I didn’t need anyone to look after me, but I had been waiting to be alone with Minho so I nodded lightly as a smile crossed my face. Minho’s smile grew bigger, but to my surprise he got up and went out of my sight. Because of my headache, I didn’t have the strength to turn my head and see where he was headed so I was left pretty confused. It wasn’t until I felt the duvet being pulled up and a warm body was lightly pressed against mine from behind, I knew he was still there. I lightly bit my lower lip from smiling as I felt his arms wrap around me. As he exhaled deeply into my neck, I felt goosebumps starting to form, sending a small shiver down my spine. I loved having Minho this close to me. I let my eyelids slowly slid down over my eye, enjoying the moment.

“[YN],” Minho whispered in my ear as he pulled me a bit closer to him, removing all space between his front and my back. “I was going to tell you something at the hospital before Onew Hyung walked in,” he said as he placed a small kiss beside my ear.

My eyes flew open as I heard the words. I instantly felt my heart pounding a little faster as I laid there in silence, waiting for Minho to speak. Was he really going to say it? What if it was something else he was going to say at the hospital, like I lo-aned your blanket or I lo-st my phone? I felt myself starting to worry as I furrowed my eyebrows.

This is stupid, I thought to myself, I shouldn’t worry at all. And so what if Minho wasn’t going to say that he loved me. At least he felt something for me. As I tried to calm myself down in my mind, I heard a low, charming voice tickle my ear.

“I want you to know that, I love you.”

An enormous bunch of butterflies was suddenly let loose in my stomach as I felt as if a lightening ran through my body. He said it, I thought as the widest smile spread on my lips. He loved me. It wasn’t really the surprise that made me go crazy, it was just the fact that he told me... To hear those words come out of his mouth to me. I bit my lip as I slowly turned around to face him, being ever so careful with my head.

“Careful,” Minho said in a low, slightly concerned voice as he still had his arms around me and holding the back of my head.

As I finally met his deep, beautiful eyes, I laid one hand on his cheek as he pulled himself closer to me. I hadn’t felt this good in a very long time. Maybe I hadn’t ever felt this good. I just had the most amazing feeling in the whole entire world as I laid there, gazing into Minho’s beautiful, smiling eyes, knowing that he loved me.

 

I gently his cheek as I bit my lip. His arms were travelling down my waist, pulling me just one tad closer, removing all space between us. Minho’s eyes were now concentrating on my lips, staring at them while he bit his lower lip. As I breathed, I inhaled his alluring scent that made my eyes fall to his lips as well, wanting them on mine more than anything.

Were we finally going to do this? The other night I had been wanting to kiss Minho so bad, but couldn’t get myself to do it because of a certain idiot. Now I was free. I could really kiss Minho if I wanted to. And believe me, I did! I felt my lips crave for his as I bit my hungry lips, still focusing on Minho’s.

I saw him slowly leaning in which made my heart pound even harder. I let my hand on his cheek slide down to his jawline, cupping it and lightly pulling him closer. He was so close to me now. His warm breath was tickling my lips as I for a second turned to meet his gaze.

“I love you too..” I whispered before my eyes eagerly fell to his lips again.

I saw a smile appear on them before having to close my eyes as he pressed his lips against mine, making my heart skip a beat just that second. My mind went completely blank. Shivers were running up.

His lips were so soft, I couldn’t help but smile through our kiss. This felt so right.. My eyes were still closed as I had to take a moment to take it all in. As I opened them, I met Minho’s gaze.

“I promise you,” he whispered with sincere in his voice before placing another kiss on my lips, “I will treat you better than anyone ever could.”

A wide smile appeared on my face which made him smile as well, revealing his cute dimples. I knew he was speaking the truth. No one could ever treat me like he did. He made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. And I guess I was. I felt so lucky lying there in his arms as I gazed into his eyes. I let my hand fall to his cheek again as I bit my lip. In a way, I felt absolutely complete.

This was how it should be. Minho and I. Finally together.

“I know you will,” I said and kissing him once again.



The end.