Please stay!

Over Protective

 

I didn't know why or how I got there. I just did. It was kind of like the car just took me there. I stepped out of the car, feeling my body shaking. The house was all dark. It had started raining so my socks were soaked in no time. I tried to gather my thoughts while walking towards the house. My heart was pounding like crazy, I didn't even know how I could've managed driving the car.

Kris hit me.

I thought as goosebumps started to form over my body. I slowly knocked on the door. I laid a hand on my heart, trying to make it slow down a bit. The cold rain hit the bright red mark on my face, making it cool down for a second. I saw a light inside being inside the house. I was trying to think of something to say, but my mind was stuck. I couldn't think of anything else than Kris's angry face and the sound it made when he had slapped me. He had slapped me, I though again as I heard the door being unlocked. He cracked the door open, only revealing his perfect and gorgeous eyes.

"[YN]?" Minho said in a husky, confused voice.

 

I just stood there on his doorstep, started getting soaked by the rain without knowing what to say. I didn't know how to tell him. I didn't even know how to process this.

"H- hi," I stuttered as I looked at him before letting my eyes fall to the ground and then find his eyes again.

"[YN], your face?!" Minho said in a louder voice, still very husky as I had woken him up.

He opened the door and dragged me inside, tilting my head so he could see the red mark more clearly.

"What happened?" he said, his eyes confused and scared for me.

I didn't exactly know what had happened myself. I just knew Kris had hit me. I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing but a small sigh came out. I guess I was kind of in shock. Who wouldn't be if their boyfriend, the one they were supposed to trust the most, had hit them right across the face.

I looked from the floor and found Minho's eyes which were staring scared into mine.

"I- uh... K-Kris," I said in a low voice as I looked down at my feet, not knowing how to put it.

I ran a hand through my hand as I felt the tears b in my eyes. I didn't know why I was about to cry. Maybe it was sadness that my boyfriend had just hit me or maybe it was fear of him. Maybe it was just the confusion of it all. As I held the tears back, I lifted my head, gazing into Minho's eyes which were now furious.

"H.. H- he did WHAT to you???" Minho asked through his teeth, flexing his muscles.

I could tell he was holding himself back from yelling out in rage. I quickly looked down, furrowing my eyebrows while trying to handle the tears. I didn't know why, I just couldn't find a way to say it. I was still too shaken from the slap Kris had placed right on my face to think straight. I quickly looked back up at Minho as he had suddenly placed both hands on my arm.

"[YN], what did he do to you?" he asked in a stern voice with the angriest eyes I had ever seen.

"H- he.." I tried to gather my thoughts. I gazed into Minho's eyes, swallowing as I spit the words out. "He hit me."

If I thought Minho's eyes were big before, I was wrong. They grew even bigger as his jaw dropped. He breathed heavily in anger, tightening his grip of me. As he was holding me the exact same spot as Kris did, I writhed my arm in pain, stepping away from him. I saw Minho's confused eyes looked from my eyes to my arm where he found a big, red and blue mark right where Kris had held me. I hadn't even noticed it until now.

 

I was so upset about the fact that he had hit me that I had forgotten about my arm. His eyes suddenly went from fury to pain. I could see how much it hurt him that Kris that hurt me and that Minho had caused me pain as well by grabbing my arm. Knitting his eyebrows together in regret, he quickly pulled me into a secure hug. His strong arms wrapped around me and pulled me so close there was no space between us at all.

 

I suddenly felt a tear travel slowly down my cheek as I buried my face into Minho's chest. I felt his arms eagerly wanting me closer as they tighten around me even more. I sniffed quietly as I didn't want Minho to see me crying. I never cried in front of anyone. I had only been crying in front of Minho out of the whole group. I just didn't like it. I normally didn't cry at all, but I just couldn't keep all this inside me.

 

Minho hands started rubbing my back as he rested his head on mine. I felt so safe in Minho's arms. Like no one could touch me. Minho probably wouldn't let anyone touch me either. I could feel in his embrace how strongly he wanted to comfort me. I inhaled deeply, trying to make the tears stop. As I did, Minho's scent filled my nostrils, making me want to take another breath. His scent was so addictive. 


I didn't know how long we stood there with our arms around each other, but it was long enough to make the tears stop. I started making sense of things. Maybe it was the crying that helped, I didn't know. But Kris had hit me. As I said his name in my head, I felt a shiver run through my body. I am scared of him, I thought to myself as I realized. This was so wrong. Having a boyfriend that hit me and that I was scared of. I took another deep breath and started to pull away to face Minho. I found him biting his lip in frustration as he loosened his grip of me, not letting entirely go.

"[YN]..." he said looking devastated at me like he was the one who had gotten hit, "I just.. How could he.. I swear, he is not going to get away with this! I'm gonna-"

He suddenly stopped talking as I raised my hand and gently laid it on his cheek. I flashed him a weak smile as I looked at his face, adoring his perfect features. I lightly rubbed his cheek with my thumb. With my other hand I quickly wiped away the last tear, rolling down my cheek.

"You deserve so much better," he said gazing into my eyes, radiating sincerity in every way.

I closed my eyes as I wrapped my arms around his neck, letting out a small sigh. Maybe he was right this time. Nobody deserved to be hit by their boyfriend, or anyone else for that matter. I felt Minho's arm lightly travel down my body, stopping at my waist as he inhaled deeply.

"Thanks" I whispered in his ear as he squeezed me tight.

I heard a small groan as he pulled me away to look me in the eyes, still holding me tight and with my arms still wrapped around his neck.

"I'm really glad you came to me," he said with a small smile, making me smile as well.

I pulled him in for another hug before we went inside, Minho not leaving my side at any point.

"So," I said, trying to forget about Kris, "can I sleep on the couch?"

Minho let out a small laugh, pulling me inside his bedroom.

"No, you get the bed," he said while smiling at me which made his cute dimples show, "You should borrow some clothes as well, you're all wet."

I nodded as I followed him to his closet where he picked out a t-shirt and a pair of shorts for me to sleep in. As I got the clothes, Minho kissed my forehead before leaving the room for me to change. I wonder what Kris is doing right now, I thought as I felt my body tense up again. I slid out of my wet clothes. His face looked so sad when I drove away. Maybe he regretted it all. I put on the clothes Minho had given me as I started feeling bad about the whole situation again. I held my hand against my forehead, closing my eyes. I sighed loudly as I heard Minho enter the room with a quick knock on the door.

"Are you dressed?" Minho asked, but as he saw my face, he quickly forgot his question, walked to me and pulled me in for a hug. "Why don't you tell me what happened?" he said in a calm voice, making me feel safe.

I nodded slowly before we went to sit down on his bed. He had brought two ice bags for my cheek and my arm which he placed on the red and blue marks. I told him every single detail. I told him about Kris waiting up for me, him slapping me when I said I wouldn't stop seeing SHINee and about the shattering noise from the bathroom, me running away and him running after me out on the driveway. As I brought it all up again, I felt terrible. Minho had gotten more and more angry as I told the story, but I could tell he was trying to hide it, not wanting to scare me. He pulled me in for a big hug, making my body relax a bit as he rubbed my back. We were both lying on our sides, my face buried in his chest.

"Trust me," Minho said in a secure voice, "I will never let him touch you again!"

Minho's words made me smile a bit. He made me feel so home and secure in his arms. He was such a good friend. I nodded slowly into his chest. 

 

We just laid there for a couple of minutes and as Minho heard me yawn, he told me I should get some rest and started to get up from the bed, pulling away from the hug. As I watched him get up and saw he was about to kiss my forehead, I quickly sat up.

"Where are you going?" I asked in a confused voice.

"I'm going to sleep on the couch," he said with a small smile, about to kiss my forehead.

"No. Please stay!" I quickly said with a serious look, not wanting to be alone.

Minho was only inches away from me as he gazed into my eyes. After a few seconds, he slowly nodded his head, getting back under the covers with me.

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

A u t h o r ' s   N o t e ! 

Yay! another update..

wdyt? tell me! 

please comment & subscribe and upvote! thankyou :')