sank

Over Protective

 

”Ppali.. ppalii” I said from the backseat, eagerly wanting Eun Hye to drive faster to get to Kris’s place.

What if Minho was already there? What would be going on? I really hope Kris isn’t home, I thought as I impatiently sat with my arms clutched around my stomach. I took a deep breath while closing my eyes in an attempt to be calm. I failed though.

How could I be calm? What if anything had happened to Minho and it would all be my fault?

“Eun Hye, Please hurry,” I pleaded as the thought my mind.

I would feel absolutely terrible. I slowly saw Kris’s apartment getting closer and closer. The other boys were just getting out of their car before we saw them run inside. I saw Minho’s car as well. I prayed that he was not hurt.

As soon as the car stopped, I flung my door open and started making my way to his front door, trying to ignore the pain as I did. Just as I opened the door I heard instantly screaming and shouting. 

“HOW DARE YOU LAY A HAND ON HER, YOU-“ Minho shouted from the living room before getting caught off by one of the other boys.

“MINHO!” 

I widened my eyes before I hurried inside, still holding my stomach. I felt a secure arm around and turned to see Eun Hye  was by my side, helping me walk. I heard the guys were shouting at both Minho and Kris.

What was going on? I really didn’t want anyone to get hurt because of me. As we entered the living room, we found Minho being hold back by Jonghyun and Key, and Onew and Taemin trying to calm everybody down.

“Why don’t you just LET GO, YAAAAA!!!!!! he hurt [YN], he deserves this!” Minho said through his teeth, fighting against the guys to get to Kris while staring at him with fury.

I saw both Jonghyun and Key considering it for a moment, but Onew spoke before neither of them could do anything.

“Minho, we have a reputation. If we do this and people find out, it would be really bad for our career, and,” he said before using all his strength to hold Minho back, “and it seems as if you had some good hits at him.”

I turned to look at Kris who was having a nose bleed. I found myself surprised for not feeling sorry for him. I guess I had just lost everything for him. I only focused on Minho. Kris didn’t mean a thing to me anymore and Minho meant everything. 

“OH, let me guess, YOU’RE the one who gave her those hickeys aren’t you?” Kris shouted in anger, looking furious at Minho.

Minho furrowed his eyebrows in confusing. The thing was, I didn’t say exactly why Kris had done all this to me. I just said he was angry about me staying over at the boys’ when really, it was the lovebites that had set him off. Minho turned to look at me as he saw me enter the room.

“What?” he said in a low voice, looking at me in disbelief, “that’s why-... this is my fault?”

“Minho,” I said as I stumbled to get over to him, but failed as Eun Hye wouldn’t let me near any of the guys, scared of what would happen, “Minho, no...”

I saw his eyes filling with sadness and regret. He was still gazing into my eyes, furrowing his eyes in pain. I felt so bad. It wasn’t his fault at all.

Maybe he left me the lovebites, but I wanted them! It wasn’t his fault! I felt my heart drop when I saw his sad eyes. I wanted to tell him so bad that it wasn’t him who had caused all this.

I just saw how he started pressing his lips together in regret, not knowing what to say while trying to let it all sink in. I was lost for words.

“You little ,” Kris said, turning to me as he figured Minho actually was the one giving me the lovebites, his eyes filled with despise. 

Minho turned his heard to Kris’s as soon as the words escaped Kris’s lips. His eyes were filled with rage and his fists were tightened as if he was ready to knock him down. 

“Don’t you EVER call her that again!!” Minho sternly said through his teeth before escaping all the boys’ grips and jumping onto Kris.

From there it all went crazy. Fists were flying in the air, Kris was trying to get on top of Minho as Minho was hitting him with rage. The boys quickly ran to them to try and split them up, but Minho was too strong. All his muscles were flexed as he was about to knock Kris out.

As Kris’s fist hit exactly in Minho’s face, a scream escaped my lips in fright. Before I even could get the chance to run to Minho, I felt Eun Hye holding me back. I felt my whole body shaking as I just stood there, unable to do anything. If eun hye wasn’t holding me back, I probably wouldn’t be able to help anyways. I would most likely get hurt myself without helping anybody.

As I saw the blood started running from Minho’s face, I felt my eyes b with tears. I couldn’t believe this was all happening. It was a nightmare.

Kris suddenly knocked Minho over, being on top now as the other boys were trying to pull him off. Minho was twisting and hitting Kris, trying to get out of his grip and to get up from under him.

The boys shouted at them both, trying to make it all stop, but it didn’t. They were both furious. It seemed as if Kris had gotten a good grip of Minho’s arm, twisting it and making he let out a loud scream.

Minho didn’t stop though. He fought his way back on top of Kris, trying to escape his fists as he was aiming at Kris at the same time. Minho’s eyes were so intense. His pupils were huge as looked determined at Kris with all his rage, his nose starting dripping with blood. 

“YOU,” Minho exclaimed through his teeth while still fighting Kris, “you should never have touched her!”

“Oh yeah?” Kris said, annoying Minho while avoiding one of his fists, out of breath, “Well, lover boy, how do you feel about me not only touching her, but also kissing her and well, you know, we-“

Minho let out a loud roar before Kris could finish his sentence, looking hurt and not wanting to hear anymore while making all of us jump as he punched Kris like never before.

He was so filled with rage that the boys didn’t stand a chance against him. His adrenaline was pumping as his fists hit Kris one after the other. The boys were still trying to split them up, but they still couldn’t. Kris was, while trying to avoid Minho’s fist, throwing his own at Minho as well. 

“You know you couldn’t treat her any better yourself,” Kris said under his breath, trying to knock Minho down.

In that second, Minho’s eyes went from anger to disbelief.

“Do you really think that? REALLY?” Minho exclaimed, furrowing his eyebrows while trying to get a grip of Kris’s arms so he wouldn’t punch him anymore. “How can you say- you-... YOU were the one hurting her time after time, not letting her see us, HER FRIENDS!!!” Minho shouted angrily while still punching Kris and receiving a few punches himself, “I’ve listened to the girl I love being sad over her stupid boyfriend for keeping an eye on her too much,” he said, out of breath and furious at Kris. 

My eyes widened as I heard Minho’s words. I gazed at him as he was still fighting off Kris. Did he just call me the girl he-

“I have always been there for her, loving and caring for her, only wishing she would see how better I would be instead of you, because YOU ARE AN IDIOT!” Minho shouted, cutting my thoughts off. “I LOVE HER!” 

They were both breathing heavily when the boys finally parted the boys, both bloody. My heart sank.


* * *