Pain

Over Protective

 

”Auch,” I said pulling away from Key, who was dabbing the injured side of my face with a wet cloth.

“I don’t believe this,” I heard Minho say in a low voice while shaking his head.

I could only see him from the corner of my eye as I couldn’t move my face because of Key’s grip of it. Minho had with caution picked me up by the front door and carried me to the couch where Key immediately had came with a cloth and some cool water.

The cold cloth felt so nice against the hot skin on my face. It had slowly started to get better. I was in the middle of telling them everything that had happened at Kris’s.

They wanted to know what had happened to my face and my stomach and even though I really didn’t want to refresh it all in my mind, I kind of owed them an explanation after showing up looking like this.

Taemin had gotten me a heating pad for my stomach, but it didn’t seem to help much yet. Eun Hye squeezed my hand tight as she kept telling me everything would be okay. I knew that now. I was finally free. I didn’t ever have to see Kris again. Or so I thought. 


I slowly turned to look at Minho while Key was rinsing the cloth. What would happen with Minho and me now? I thought to myself as I studied his angry face while he was looking at his own fists which both were tightened hard.

After looking at him for a minute, he finally found my eyes with his, flashing me a weak smile before quickly looking away while his smile faded. It was like he was trying to avoid eye contact with me. Kind of like he thought this was his entire fault. I could see the guilt in his eyes when he looked at me and I didn’t like it. 

“So that explains the stomach pain and your wound on your face,” Jonghyun said while tightening his fist in anger, trying to hide it in his voice, “but what about your neck? There are blue marks on it.”

I quickly grabbed my neck and touched the spot where Kris had his grip of me, holding me towards the wall. I swallowed as I looked at the others with a frightened look, thinking of Kris’s face while he was holding me there.

A shiver ran down my spine. His eyes had been crazy, furious. How could I explain this? I felt everyone stare at me, including Minho, whose eyes had widened.

He quickly went forward, leaning over me as he removed my hand from my neck. He furrowed his eyebrows and lightly let a finger over the marks. I saw his nostrils expand a bit because of his breath getting heavier. He suddenly turned to look at me, waiting for me to speak.

“W- well,” I started before looking at them from one to another, “before he kicked me, he... he held me up against the wall by his hands, until... until my breath-“

“DID HE TRY TO STRANGLE YOU?” Minho shouted causing me to jump and my heart skip a beat, “NOT ONLY DID HE KICK YOU TWICE, HE TRIED TO STRANGLE YOU?” 

His eyes were big with furious and he was gritting his teeth. I could tell this what the last straw that made him burst in rage. His eyes bored into my, almost burning through them. I had never seen him like this before. I could see him flexing his muscles in rage as he quickly rose and started walking determined towards the door.

“I’ll go for a walk.” Minho exclaimed through his teeth, starting walking towards the hall to make his way out. 

As he walked past the couch I saw the determined, furious look on his face. I tried to say something as I sat up, but while I did, a sudden pain struck my stomach, causing me to lie back down. 

“Don’t worry, he will be back soon,” Key said, my stomach lightly and reassuring, “he just needs some fresh air.”

Even though everyone seemed to take it quite calm, I had a bad feeling about this.

“[YN], I can’t believe Kris did this?! He is crazy! If we ever see that guy again, I swear, we'll kill him!” Onew exclaimed with disbelief of the crazy situation I had been in, releasing me from my thoughts.

“But it’s over now, babe, he won't touch you,” Key said as he lightly my good cheek, “you will never have to see his screwed up face again.”

“[YN], I-“

“Hyung...” Taemin said, cutting them off while looking towards the hall where Minho had just entered and slammed the front door, “I got a feeling Minho hyung isn’t just going to get some fresh air.”

They all stopped talking and looked at Onew with a confused look. Just in that second, we all heard a noisy engine speed up. Everyone looked at each other with wide eyes.

“Is he...” Eun Hye said before her voice faded as we all already thought of the same thing.

Onew slowly nodded while looking directly at me. I knew it, I thought as a shiver ran down my spine. He was going to see Kris. I knew I had to do something.

After everyone had been looking at each other for a moment, the boys quickly rose from their seats, walking determined and fast towards the door.

“Eun Hye,Take care of [YN],” Key said in a stern voice as the last one leaving the room.

“NO, wait!” I quickly shouted as I stood up, ignoring the pain.

Eun Hye tried to help me down again as I had to take a moment to bite the pain. I was bending forward, holding my stomach as I forced my eyes shut. It really hurt. The pain just struck me like a lightening every time. I took a deep breath and started walking out of the couch area and making my way towards the front door.

“[YN], don’t worry, they will stop him,” Eun Hye said as she laid a hand on my shoulder, “they won’t let him get to Kris when he’s that insane!”

I turned to look at them, furrowing my eyebrows together. I knew I had to lie down and relax so I would feel better soon, but I just had to go. I had to. I didn’t know what I would do if something happened to Minho. I just had to. Apparently eun hye could see it on my face. 

“We need to go, don’t we?” Eun hye asked in a concerned voice, giving in.

I slowly nodded before having them helping me outside to their car.