chapter nine

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

She sat by the window, eyes attentively following the activity going on out there. Out there, where it seemed more like a nightmare to her than a dream a girl stuck in a long coma would have. For so long, she’s been staying in that plain white room, forcing herself to think about anything at all just so she wouldn’t start to think of her past. What happened then, she wanted to bury inside her heart, never wanting to relive those moments.

The good moments, the bad; she wanted to throw all of them away. Her heart ached. She couldn’t stop telling herself that the only reason for her heart to ache that way was because of the people in her life at that time. They killed her inside. They stole her most treasured trait. They taught her true pain when she wished they hadn’t.

She hated them.

So much, that hate might be an understatement. She just wished she never met them. Just continued living in that god forsaken hellhole of a club and possibly just sell her body off to some rich old man. Maybe, just maybe, she would’ve been able to escape and find her life, enjoying the rest of it free and happy.

Looking at herself now and comparing to how she should be if she hadn’t bump into the shoulders of her nightmare, she started to loathe them even more.

Unknowingly, her thoughts drifted to that of her mother. The one woman she used to run to for help and comfort, even if she wasn’t physically there. When was the last time she went to her mother anymore? Was she too busy entertaining her love life that she had forgotten the person who gave her strength to continue with life?

Her lips trembled and tears clouded her vision.

“Mother…” she whispered before breaking down.

“They destroyed me,” she whispered, “I’m like this because of them.”

She looked at herself. She looked pathetic, she thought. Skinny as under the huge white hospital clothes; her skin pale and longing for warmth of a person; her black hair that looked like nobody cared to fix it for her while she was unconscious with its horrid cut and grease. Where was that Kim Hyuna from years ago? What the happened?

Her fingers clenched into a fist and she banged the windowsill.

“I don’t want to go back to them. I want to kill them. They destroyed me.”

Her thoughts then drifted to the first time she looked out that window when she woke up: the sight of a familiar guy holding hands with a girl with long orange hair, almost like hers 2 years ago.  The guy looked happy, smiling and laughing, as if he never lost what he claimed as his “one and only love” that was “unforgettable” and forever held a “special spot” in his heart.

Yong Junhyung and his lies. She should have known.

Too caught up with her anger, she didn’t notice the new presence in the room.

“Hyuna-yah?” A soft, timid voice called out—one that she could immediately recognize and turn to.

“Yoseob-ah.”

 

They sat in silence, Hyuna on the bed and Yoseob on the chair by her. His sudden appearance had her falling into his arms and crying her eyes out, instantly melting away from the anger that had been surging in her just minutes before.

“How are you feeling?”

“Why haven’t you forgotten about me?”

Yoseob’s question was left unanswered. It wasn’t necessary anyway. The answer was obvious.

“How could I?” Yoseob asked. He felt betrayed.

“Everyone has.”

“That’s not true.”

“2 years, Yoseob. Who could wait? Who could believe this stupid girl was still alive?”

“Look at me, Hyuna. I remember you.”

“I think we both know why you are able to.”

Ouch. Being rejected by his only love wasn’t exactly what Yoseob wanted to be reminded of.

“Fine. Infinite remembers you. 4Minute as well.”

“But they don’t believe that I’m alive anymore right? They lost faith. That’s why you’re here alone and not with them. I’m not stupid, Yoseob. I know.”

“It’s not what it seems, though.”

“Then what is it? They’ve moved on.”

“They thought you were dead!”

“Then why didn’t you think the same?!”

Silence.

“You see, that’s what makes you different from them. I don’t know what to feel anymore, Yoseob. Let me just be honest and say that I’m utterly disappointed and angry. I know I don’t have a reason to because they didn’t know. But, I feel like I’ve been literally deleted from everyone’s life. You being the only one who refused to believe that I am dead makes me think that even more. Because if you can remember, then why can’t he?”

“Yong Junhyung’s just a bastard!”

“That’s why I’m mad! You people were the cause of me being this way! And then all of you just go ahead and forget about me when you think I’m dead! You toss me aside! That’s why I’m mad! And I feel like going crazy! Because all of you are the people I love! But, I hate you now because all of you are bastards like Yong ing Junhyung!”

“DO YOU GET IT NOW, YOSEOB?! I’m not just upset, I’m utterly mad and disappointed. I feel like killing all of you. Do you get what I mean, Yoseob?”

Her voice had turned soft and a little menacing.

And all Yoseob could do was nod. What now?