chapter eleven

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

“So, I can do whatever I want with her?”

Yoseob nodded, “Pretty much.”

The girl with heavy streaks of turquoise and pink together on her messy brown layered hair wearing clothes that went under the category “street style” scrutinized the tired-looking girl with heavy eyebags and really huge clothes that barely held on her tiny frame. There was a hint of disgust in the way she eyed the horrible-dressed girl. She looked like she just woke up from the dead.

Little did she know how true that actually was.

“Anything at all? You’re not going to give me any concept or something? I could just go funky, you know,” the girl reasoned.

Ailee, I told you why this girl needs a new look. Now, why would the fashionista you give funky to a girl who is out to seek revenge?” Yoseob pointed out.

Ailee smirked, “You’re right.. Ah, I think I’ve a great idea of what to do with her.”

She winked at him as he sighed and made his way to the sofa, resting his sore on the soft cushions. Unconsciously, he slipped into a deep slumber.

---

He woke up to a huge ball of light clouding and almost blinding his eyesight as well as a few slaps to the face and chants of his own name in his ears.

“Seobbie. Seobbie. Seobbie. Seobbie. Seobbie. Wakey wakey. Seobbie. Seobbie,” Ailee chanted as she gently tapped Yoseob’s face.

She’d place a tiny table lamp she kept in the store room directly facing Yoseob’s face and was purposely disturbing him to get him to wake up. She knew all too well his heavy sleeper trait and his crazy just-woke-up character.

Hyuna quietly sat on the opposite sofa as she stared at the two. She was silently admiring Ailee and her really radiant smile. How come she didn’t have such a smile too?

“Seobbie. Seobbie. Seobbie,” Ailee was getting frustrated and her radiant smile was long replaced by a flat face.

Suddenly, her smirk reappeared, “I know just what to do.”

She brought her face closer to Yoseob’s, so close that it got Hyuna suddenly curious and sitting up. Directly facing his cheek, she stuck out her tongue and started leaving wet trails on his cheek. Hyuna’s face literally scrunched up in disgust. She could see the little bead at the tip of Ailee’s tongue together with saliva wetting every inch of Yoseob’s right cheek.

However, dirty or not, it definitely woke Yoseob up almost immediately.

“What the is going on?!” he shrieked as he got up, his head hitting over the lamp in process as he vigorously wiped the Ailee-DNA all over his cheek.

“ing gross, Ailee!” he whined and started spraying some water he got from the table nearby on his cheek.

Ailee was rolling on the couch laughing at him like nobody’s business. The lamp was broken and when she noticed it, she wasn’t happy. The smile disappeared in a blink and she picked the fragments up.

“Yoseob, I’m adding this to the bill,” she growled and swept it away.

Yoseob whined but it didn’t last long. His breath hitched in his throat when he caught the sight of Hyuna sitting on the little couch staring at him.

His breath hitched not just because she looked amazing. His breath hitched not just because she looked flawless. His breath hitched not just because there was a complete change from who she was just maybe hours ago while he was asleep.

There, she was, sitting on the sofa with the most amazing hairstyle ever. It was a messy and curly blonde hair with brown streaks. It was styled with a center parting and Ailee had placed a black headband around her head. Hyuna was dressed in a white singlet with a black cardigan with high collars over it and black sweatpants with a UK flag at the bottom. There were many accessories on both her wrists and a peace necklace hanging at her neck. She was wearing normal high-cut black dancing shoes. The shadow make-up and heavy eyeliner together with her pale lips complimented her look even more. Her expression was lazy with eyes only halfway opened.

It was obvious, her intentions for revenge. Yet, this Hyuna resembled so much of her old self from before she disappeared off everyone’s lives.

Ailee smiled triumphantly knowing she’d finished a job well.

Hyuna pushed herself up and with her head down, stood in front of Yoseob.

Ailee stood between them and smiled as she looked at both their expressions before saying, “Yoseob, this is Nana.”

Yoseob raised an eyebrow but nodded anyway.

“Is this okay?” she meekly asked.

She was obviously quite nervous and unsure about the outfit.

Yoseob smirked, “Are you kidding me? This is just amazing, Hyuna. You look amazing!  You look so ready to get out there and show yourself! You don’t look half like yourself and yet you do. I don’t know how to explain it Hyuna. It’s just that any person who knew you before would definitely take a second look at- at all this—” he gestured to the clothes “and endlessly question themselves for doubting your death.”

There was a pause as Yoseob took a deep breath in.

“You look ready to fight, Hyuna.”

Hyuna looked up and into his eyes. Suddenly, the scary and determined glare was back.

“I am ready. Bring it on.”

With the new outfit, and Yoseob given a free black suit jacket (which Ailee called a charity gift to the really horrible look Yoseob possessed), they got into Yoseob’s car and sped off to the next destination: Junhyung’s warehouse.

---

To say that the warehouse changed a lot was like an understatement. To Yoseob, he was quite used to this new design Junhyung put to the warehouse a few months after getting over Hyuna’s death. He wanted a new start, he’d said. Yeah, right.

But, Hyuna could only pricelessly gape at the graffiti all over the warehouse. She doubted it was only a fighting ring now. There was definitely a club in that building, judging from the music blasting from the inside. There were so many lights covering the walls of the building that was now sleek black where what used to be was dirty, dried cement.

Yoseob passed her a black mask, "Keep it on, okay? Then, you'll feel more secure."

“You sure you’re ready for this?” Yoseob asked.

This was it. They were about to do the unexpected and possibly start this whole plan off. It was going to be big.

“Yeah, I think,” Hyuna whispered, barely audible.

They were standing in a long queue to enter the club. This place had definitely gotten more famous than before. It wasn’t just gangs now. There were normal people here, people about to get really wasted in this place and possibly wake up in an unknown room, totally oblivious of what happened the night before.

Oh, she knew how that feels. But, instead, she woke up years after.

“Alright, Himchan hyung is already in there and he booked a slot for your fight as Nana against this girl called Nikki and…..” he trailed off.

There was silence.

He bit his lips for a while, staring at the worried look on Hyuna’s face.

“Listen, Hyuna, if we’re rushing—” “No, Yoseob, we’re not. Don’t worry, okay? I asked for this. I’m ready for this—no, I’m hungry for this, you hear me? We’re going to do this tonight. I want them to see me.”

Yoseob sighed, “Fine. Just remember to keep yourself calm. It’s really not a joke. In there, there’s 4Minute, the members of B2st, Teen Top, everyone. They’re all there. They know you and you know them. It’s bound to spark a sense of overwhelming in you. But, you have to keep yourself calm.”

Hyuna nodded.

“When we’re in there, I’m going to leave you alone for a second to go see Himchan. You are supposed to go find the rest of BAP. You don’t know their faces but they’ll see you,” Yoseob explained.

“I got it. Don’t worry too much.”

“I won’t.”

They were now at the front of the line. They handed their IDs and entered the club once it was returned to them. Before they really stepped into the club, they shared a short hug.

“Be careful, Hyuna. Keep calm. I’ll see you later,” he said, breathing in the scent of the girl.

Hyuna squeezed him back and whispered a small “yeah” in his shoulder.

And then, they both entered and went their separate ways.