chapter twelve

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

Just keep calm. Just keep calm. Just keep calm.

She gasped when a body collided against hers.

“Oh, I’m sorry. You alright there?” the guy held onto her shoulders to keep her from falling.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m fine,” Hyuna said and wriggled her way out of his grip.

Holy . Was that L.Joe?

Gulping, she continued to find her way to BAP.

Blonde hair. Blonde hair. Blonde hair.

How exactly was she to find these people? Everywhere she went, there was one blonde guy. And how could she possibly spot the pink-head when the lighting in the club was dark? Nothing was visible. And with this crowd, there was no way she could even maneuver her way to find the guys.

Yoseob should have warned her about this situation.

She felt really overwhelmed, even before seeing anyone she knew if you count out L.Joe. There were just too many people and she almost couldn’t breathe. The mask was even making breathing worse.

She couldn’t take it anymore and forced her way out of the dancing bodies. She spotted the bar, hurriedly making her way to it and resting her on the high stool.

“Drink for you, miss?” the bartender winked.

“Uh, no,” Hyuna slowly shook her head.

“Aw, come on, I could give you a good mix. Do you not drink alcohol or something?” the bartender asked whilst wiping the glasses.

“Uhh, I actually have a fight later so I need to stay sober.”

It actually felt weird talking to a normal person after so long of not talking.

“Oh, how marvelous! You can’t be that new chick with massive courage to challenge our Nikki, right? Miss… Nana?” the guy asked, an expectant look on his face.

“Um, that would be me,” she nodded softly.

“No way! Good luck! You’ll need it!” the bartender patted her back so casually as if they knew each other for long and walked away to tend to the other customers.

Well, now there was some fear and worry. Hyuna hoped she hadn’t been too confident to take the fight that very night. Foolish. 2 years unconscious and waking up to a fight? Very foolish. She mentally slapped herself for the stupid decision.

Her thoughts were halted when she heard a familiar voice on her left. A very familiar one. Immediately, she felt herself get out of her body as she stared blankly at the glass before her. She didn’t order anything. The bartender must’ve left it there for her despite her refusing to drink.

“Do you think Nikki will do well today?” a girl’s soft voice asked.

She sounded just like Hyuna herself that she started to doubt her own existence.

“Obviously. Which lost child was this who challenged the one and only Nikki to a fight? She must be new,” the guy chuckled.

That chuckle. That husky voice. The way the words were uttered. She recognized it. And it scared her to her wits.

She took a peek at them and saw the girl moan as she hugged the guy who had his back facing her so she couldn’t really see who he was. But, she had a feeling it was him.

Junhyung-ah. What the hell did you put in my drink?” the girl chuckled and buried her face deeper into his shoulder, taking a huge breathe of his smell.

That was him.

And Hyuna could smell him herself. They were so close. Junhyung was only a seat away.

So close.

She remembered that smell. It was the one that used to belong to her.

Now, it’s not.

She’d seen Junhyung walk with this girl from her hospital window. She didn’t know if it was fate or what but she’d saw it and she recognized him. She was shocked, yes, but it probably didn’t shock her as much as it did now.

She knew he already had a new one, but she didn’t know they were that in love. That love that only existed between Junhyung and herself, it was now between him and another girl. Why hadn’t Yoseob said anything about this? She almost choked on the tears forming in her eyes. But, she told herself not to cry. She couldn’t. The make-up would be destroyed and she would be found out by the couple next to her.

The couple that didn’t consist of her and Junhyung but him and some other girl that he was truly in love with. One that he probably never had a fight with before like he did with her.

The feeling became even more overwhelming. Unknowingly, she gripped onto the drink and gulped it down in one shot.

Her thoughts raced back to the times that had huge arguments that always had so much drama. She was quite the pain. There were rarely times when they did cuddle or hug but they knew the love was there. It was strong. They just never got the chance to show it well. Because one never trusted the other.

It was too late and that relationship had taught Junhyung a lesson. He moved on and did a better job with another girl. The girl he once loved was completely forgotten. Like trash.

They die, you move on.

“Hyuna?” a guy called from beside her and she quickly turned to him, shocked that he knew her name.

The thought of Junhyung hearing it suddenly hit her and then, she did the unexpected.

The moment Junhyung turned to sound of that very familiar name, Hyuna pulled off the mask, reached out to the neck of whoever that guy was who called her and planted her lips firmly against his. She felt her heart broke a little when she did so. The guy was taken aback but nevertheless, he responded to the kiss.

“Hyuna?” a whisper was heard from behind Hyuna but she ignored it, turned to backface him even more and pressed harder against the guy.

Whoever he was, he definitely was enjoying it.

“Junhyung, why are you calling her name?” Hyuna heard the girl ask.

She wanted to gag. This girl was saying “her” as if she knew “her”. There was that hint of disgust and she was sure this girl must have heard about that girl who died in a terrible accident and everything changed right after. This girl, the one who replaced Hyuna in the lives of nearly everyone she knew. She just took it. Hatred was forming in Hyuna’s heart. The thought of revenge flashing bright within her closed eyes once again.

These people deserved nothing but a piece of their own medicine.

“Uh, nothing. I thought I just heard her name,” Junhyung explained.

“Let’s get out of here. I want to go see Nikki,” the girl said.

Pushy.

Soon, Hyuna felt their presence disappear and she pulled away from the guy. She pulled her mask back on and looked down to her lap, fiddling with her fingers. The guy sat on the seat next to her and bent down to see her expression.

“Kim Hyuna, are you crying?” he chuckled.

“I’m not. I just feel dizzy. Who the hell are you?” Hyuna questioned, glaring at him.

“Woah, calm down there. My name’s Youngjae. I’m one of BAP. You never appeared, even when Himchan returned with Yoseob. So, they sent me and the maknae to go look for you,” the guy explained, smiling.

“Oh, then, I’m sorry for kissing you like that. You just recklessly said my real name in public and it just so happened that my ex-boyfriend who I am planning revenge against was right beside us,” Hyuna sarcastically said and rolled her eyes.

“I sincerely apologise, Miss Nana,” Youngjae smirked and took her hand.

“You’re quite cold in the hand. Are you okay?” he asked, genuinely concerned.

“I don’t know. It must be the drink. I saw it on the table and I drank it. I shouldn’t have but I guess this is the effect of it. I feel really dizzy,” Hyuna whined and massaged her head in attempt to ease the headache.

“Come on, I’ll get you to the boys and we’ll get you sober up before the match, alright? Hold on to me,” Youngjae said and supported her as they walked towards where the rest of BAP and Yoseob sat.

They were laughing and joking with each other and Youngjae noticed the two youngest boys still gone. Perhaps, they were still looking for Hyuna.

Placing her on the sofa next to Yoseob who immediately held her in his arms, Youngjae excused himself and went off to look for the boys. He had a bad feeling about this.