chapter ten

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

His hands roamed all over her body, touching her sensitive spots. Both their eyes were closed, making any touch thoroughly sensitive.

“J-Junhyung..” Hyun Ae whimpered.

“Hyun Ae..” he whispered in her ears, making her shudder.

They were in the middle of a kiss before being rudely interrupted by the sound of the door slamming open. In strutted Yoseob with a frown on his face, one that deepened at the sight that welcomed him. Yong Junhyung was above the tiny Kim Hyun Ae, buttons half undone.

Yoseob facepalmed.

Awkward.

“You,” he pointed at Hyun Ae, “Do you mind fixing your clothes and getting out for a while?”

Enraged by the way Yoseob was addressing the girl; Junhyung gently pushed Hyun Ae aside and came face-to-face to his now declared ex-bestfriend.

“First of all, I don’t think that’s how you should be addressing a girl, much less my girl. Secondly, if there’s anything we have to talk about, we can talk about it with her watching,” Junhyung said, pointing to Hyun Ae.

The sudden surge of confidence was a result of Yoseob’s rudeness to the girl he loved. Hyun Ae didn’t deserve that treatment. And sooner or later, she’d have to know the truth. Junhyung didn’t want to hide it from her anymore. Even if this way of knowing the secret was really unnecessary.

“Fine. By all means, Junhyung. It’s not my girlfriend who’d be disappointed anyway,” Yoseob retaliated.

“What’s this about, Jun?” Hyun Ae quietly asked.

“Of course she doesn’t know, right, Jun? Why would you tell her about that girl you once dated – Hyuna?” Yoseob challenged.

“Shut up, Yoseob…” Junhyung threatened silently, using all his might to control the anger that was slowly taking over him.

“Stop what? Come on, our dear little Hyun Ae here must know about Hyuna – the girl who died because you couldn’t take better care of her! And when she was dead, you just forgot about her and replaced her with a girl who not only looked like her but also had a name almost similar as her!” Yoseob finally yelled at him.

He was asking for it. And with that, he received a punch from Junhyung. He was pushed under the guy and several punches were being thrown at him, leaving him weak and defenseless.

“Junhyung! Stop it, you idiot! Get off him!” Hyun Ae shrieked, pulling the guy away.

By now, Yoseob had given up trying to defend himself and let Junhyung take out his anger on him. He wanted Junhyung to feel how much of a bastard he was. He wanted him to realize.

“ing stop it!” Hyun Ae finally had enough and kicked Junhyung away before slapping him hard in the face.

Yoseob just remained lying on the floor, bitterly laughing at what just happened.

Junhyung got up and menacingly glared at Yoseob, his index finger sharply pointed at the boy, “You should ing leave us alone. Whatever happened between the both of us or me and Hyuna, it’s all in the past and I plan to keep it that way. I’m moving on with this girl, whether or not she’s in any way similar to Hyuna, and you’re not about to stop me. It’s the past. Hyuna’s dead. You should move on as well.”

Yoseob laughed louder before getting up and immediately switching his facial expression to a grim one.

“You brought it upon yourself, Yong Junhyung. Just so you know, I will leave the both of you heads alone. But, in this near future, who knows? Maybe you’d be the one crawling back at me and Hyuna. We’ll see, right, Kim Hyun Ae?” he growled.

The way her name left his lips had Hyun Ae on an edge, suddenly feeling really intimidated by this so-called baby face.

Junhyung scoffed and muttered to himself, “Crawling back at you and Hyuna… This guy surely can’t let go of the past.”

Yoseob smirked and rolled his eyes, turning on his heels and leaving the room.

“Just you wait.”

---

Yoseob arrived back to Hyuna’s room, seeing her by the window again, blankly staring out. She looked more depressed than usual.

He closed the door behind him and remained outside, leaving the door only slightly ajar. He took out his phone and dialed Jiyoon’s number. After a few rings, she finally answered her call. There was loud background music and noise from the phone that contrasted greatly with the silent atmosphere in the hospital. He’d call to tell her about Hyuna. He’d been too busy hogging up Hyuna to himself that he forgot to tell her best friend about him finally getting in touch with Hyuna.

“.. H-hello? Yeah? Hahahaha, Gayoon stop it! Y-yes? Yoseob?”

Her voice was really loud that Yoseob had to hold the phone slightly away from his ears. But, even then, it was still really loud that anyone who walked past might be able to hear.

“Hello, Jiyoon?”

“Yeah? What brings you to call me?”

“Yeah, listen. About Hyun-“

“Yoseob? Hey, I know I told you I’d find out where that guy hid her. But I’m at a party right now with the rest of 4Minute and some of the Infinite guys. I’d love to talk more with you but I really can’t tonight. I’m sorry. I’ll call you soon. Bye!”

“Hello? Hello? Jiyoon?”

She’d hung up.

Yoseob’s eyebrows furrowed and he sighed. What kind of best friend was this?

He pushed himself away from the wall and turned to enter the room again, only to be shocked by Hyuna who was standing right in front of him.

“H-hyun-“

“Was that Jeon Jiyoon?”

“Um.. Yes.”

“Give me that phone.”

Yoseob slowly handed her his iPhone.

She unlocked it and went through his contacts before stopping at “Jiyoon”. She tapped on it and to his surprise, deleted the contact. She went back to the rest of the contacts and continued doing the same to the names that she recognized.

Dongwoon.

Doojoon.

Hyunseung.

Kikwang.

Several other numbers were deleted (her old one included) and some other Infinite and 4Minute numbers that Yoseob had managed to save to keep in contact with them.

And then finally, Junhyung.

When it seemed that everyone from her past was deleted, she returned the phone and looked dead into his eyes.

“Yoseob-ah. I need your help. Get me out of here.”