chapter fourteen

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

PREPARE YOURSELF, PEASANTS.


 

A loud scream filled her ear.

It was her own scream.

Someone was desperately yelling her name, but he sounded so far away.

Everything was okay, until her body met something cold and hard… and then…

Black. Darkness. Nothing.

“Nikki! Nikki! Nikki!” the crowd chanted.

“Hyuna? Hyuna! Hyuna, wake up!” someone whispered as her body was shaken.

“W-what?” her eyes finally opened.

“The fight is about to start. Are you ready?” Yoseob worriedly asked.

“I- I don’t know…”

“Here, drink some.”

A bottle was held in front of her. Hyuna grabbed it and gulped down half of the water. Once she was done, she wiped her lips with the back of her hand and handed the bottle back to Yoseob who placed on the cap and put it aside.

“Alright… Calm down, okay? Don’t panic. I should’ve briefed you earlier but I honestly thought you’d be ready,” Yoseob explained.

“I thought so too. Everything feels very surreal now,” Hyuna muttered.

“You do kind of seem out of it. But… remember your promise? You need to win this,” Yoseob said.

“Come on, I have faith in you,” he whispered, crouching next to her and placing his hands on her shoulders.

“This girl is fast. You need to keep a lookout on her and never, I repeat never, get distracted. Her weakness?  Her attacks are weak. They just come fast, that’s why there’s always a huge effect. Memorise her movements and tendencies and then use it against her. Avoid her punches and you should be okay. Will you be okay?” Yoseob worried.

Hyuna took a huge breath, “Yoseob, don’t worry about me. I.. I’ll try my hardest, I swear. I won’t disappoint you.”

“Hyuna…” he whispered, bending further to meet her eyes, “Remember your promise to us. You can’t disappoint us. There’s a huge bet placed on this. BAP might lose their warehouse. So, you have to do well. Win this.”

“I will,” Hyuna said, but she knew she didn’t really mean it.

She wasn’t in the mood yet.

Suddenly, Yoseob leaned in, pulled off her mask and planted a soft kiss on her lips. Hyuna didn’t respond.

After some minutes, he finally pulled back before taking her into a tight hug.

“Do well, my Kim Hyuna. Think of… Think of Yong Junhyung. What he’s done to you. How he broke you and forgot about it. You can do this!” Yoseob said and placed her mask back on.

The feeling was slowly coming back and Hyuna put on a look of determination.

“Don’t worry, Yoseob. Let’s… Let’s do this,” Hyuna said and smirked.

She made her way down the aisle and the chants got even louder. Hyuna noticed there were only a few chanting her name and some people were even booing her entrance but it didn’t put her down. In fact, she was even more determined to get them on her side. She was going to show this Nikki chick who she was.

She climbed into the ring and put on her gloves, cracking her neck and hands to stretch.

When the chants got even louder, Hyuna knew Nikki has arrived. She made her way into the ring and smirked at Hyuna, putting on her own gloves. Indeed her appearance shocked her. She only had a blue sports bra and green shorts on. Her hair was flaring red and she emitted a confident aura.

But, Hyuna wasn’t intimidated. Her eyes turned into angry slits as she glared at the girl. Her hatred for Junhyung filled her heart and she couldn’t wait to beat this girl up.

Minutes later, it was time. The bell was finally rung and the crowd cheered as loud as possible as the two got into positions. They circled the ring, glaring at each other.

“So, Nana, aren’t you?”

Hyuna only scowled as a response.

The girl smirked, “I’m Nikki. You should know that.”

Silence took over as they continued to circle each other.

“Cute outfit.”

That did it. Hyuna launched her fist at the girl and tackled her on the floor. She barely managed three punches before Nikki pushed her and switched their positions. She continuously threw punches at Hyuna’s face until it started bleeding and bruises started forming.

Hyuna kicked her off herself and got up, wiping the blood at her lips.

“Cute attack,” Nikki smirked.

“ you,” Hyuna whispered and pushed her on the floor.

Hyuna started kicking her stomach until Nikki pulled her leg, making her fall on the floor with a heavy impact between Hyuna’s head and the hard cement floor, and kicked her body continuously before kicking it right off the ring. The crowd mercilessly pushed her back in and Nikki grabbed her hair and pulled her up on her feet.

“Next time, mess with the right .”

And with that, Nikki punched her till she landed on the floor in a weak state.

The referee stepped in and slapped the floor.

One.

Two.

But, Hyuna couldn’t give up. Suddenly, it felt like the time paused as she forced her head up, her mask falling on the floor. Junhyung was sitting right in her view with his new girlfriend, Hyunae. His arm was around her and hers was around his waist. He looked like he was speculating her face with disbelief but Hyuna brushed it off.

Her head was pounding and she felt weak.

Her eyes shut by itself as a flashback filled her mind.

The push, the fall, the impact.

And then it was just pitch black.

All because of one person.

If he hadn’t met her, if he hadn’t meddled and forced her out of that godforsaken club, if he had just forgot about her bumping into him... she wouldn’t be in this mess.

Now that she was in it and he just forgot about her like trash…

Living a better life than she was while she suffered…

He had to pay.

Hyuna forced her eyes open and pushed herself up before the referee managed to count to three. Her eyes remained on Yong Junhyung as she got on her feet and straightened her back, with much difficulty. His eyes were questioning hers but she just kept mum and glared at him, hoping he’d get the message.

Slowly, she turned around to see Nikki and she watched as her face started to slowly look like Junhyung’s.

“You ing bastard,” Hyuna whispered before throwing punches at Nikki.

She kneed her stomach area and punched her face with so much force. She stuck her foot behind Nikki’s and made her fall before sitting on her stomach and continuing to throw punches at her face. Hyuna grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled the girl up before punching her face again like a punching bag and punching the air out of her. Her attacks were so hard that it didn’t take long before Nikki was as weak as dead.

Unsatisfied, Hyuna slammed her forehead against Nikki’s before throwing the girl at the crowd. The threw her back and cheered for Hyuna.

“Nana! Nana! Nana!” they chanted.

Nikki laid on the floor, not looking like she planned to move anytime soon. The referee slapped the floor three times before declaring the winner and the crowd was at its loudest.

Yoseob, Youngjae, Himchan and Yongguk rushed to Hyuna and hugged her tight.

Hyuna let them hug her but her eyes remained on one person.

He stared back into her eyes suspiciously before the staring contest was halted when Hyuna’s eyes shut and everything became dark for her.

Someone was desperately yelling her name, but he sounded so far away.

Everything was okay, until her body met something cold and hard… and then…

Black. Darkness. Nothing.