chapter seventeen

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

Eyes shut and ears drowned in music, Hyuna couldn’t ask for more. She lied on the perfectly trimmed grass and sighed in bliss as the cold wind blew at her skin. She was only wearing a dress for that was the only female clothing they could offer to her. The dress was white and a little loose but it managed to stay on her body. It would do for now.

Everything was peaceful and relaxing. Until thoughts of the one and only invaded her mind.

She never had the time to properly think about him. She was too hurt finding out that he had probably forgotten about her, moving on so fast from the relationship so important to her yet such a small matter to him. The relationship that played a big part in her life, the one that she protected so much even losing many things important to her.

The way they treated her, death wasn’t enough for a punishment. Even if Joon was dead, Hyuna didn’t think she’d be able to forgive him. And Junhyung. The fact that even death didn’t come for him, she wasn’t satisfied. She loved him yet hated him so much. She didn’t feel he was fit for the blame yet she felt like he should be the guiltiest if anyone around her was.

She just couldn’t accept that he had done more than move on from her so fast. He even replaced her with someone who felt like an exact replica of her, except probably better and less ed up.

She felt her heart slowly break again and tears form under her closed eyelids. But she held it back. She wasn’t going to cry another tear for him.

She was just frustrated that she couldn’t move on from him and yet he could so easily.

It was like all those months spent together was nothing. He was back to the Yong Junhyung who knocked into her in the bar. He was the Yong Junhyung who only cared for himself again.

Was the relationship ever important to him? Was it only one-sided?

Those thoughts played on her mind.

But the thoughts that hurt most were if he even cared about her in the first place. How did he react to her “death”? How bad was he affected? What were his thoughts when he found out? Or, more importantly, what were his thoughts when he decided it was enough thinking about Kim Hyuna? What were his thoughts when he saw that girl who was the perfect replacement of her? When he laid his eyes on her, did he think that he was ready to get over Hyuna?

For some reason, as bad as it sounded, she was hoping he had been depressed when he found about her death. She was hoping he took it so bad that he refused to eat or sleep. She was hoping he had considered to kill himself just to join her.

And the fact that just thoughts of those didn’t cross his mind was enough to break Hyuna’s heart once more.

That’s why there was this want for revenge. He was the cause of all these and he was walking away without a scratch. He had to feel what she felt. Call her butthurt, but she just wanted him to be the Yong Junhyung she was with for many months once again. She wanted him weak and giving again. She wanted him under her spell. That amazing new fighter Kim Hyuna from months ago just couldn’t die off the face of earth without a fight. Losing everything in the last one, she had to reclaim that title. She lost everything. She had to win everything back.

Roughly pulling the earplugs out of her ears, she got up. She marched back into the house, looking for Himchan. She knew he could help her and she could see that he would. There was this look in his eyes that screamed hatred for Junhyung. He wanted the same thing she wanted and he was going to help her if he wants to get it.

She arrived to a small door where she heard loud voices coming from. Whoever was inside, they seemed to be in an argument. She was about to barge in until she heard a familiar name.

“That ing Black is obviously not happy losing the last match. He has been messing with our deals and sending men to watch us!” an unknown deep voice yelled.

“There’s nothing we can do!” a voice like Himchan’s argued.

“Yes there is! Bring that Hyuna kid one step higher and bring her for more matches. We’ll have more support and back-up that way. After Junhyung took away our people, we only have ourselves. If we gain some respect in that ring, Black won’t come near us!”

“She’s not ready alright! Don’t you see that she’s still in shambles? If she gets out there, she might just lose her life!”

“It’s the only way to save ourselves. I don’t know if we should believe this but one of our people undercover said that he heard Black was planning an attack against us. And worse, he is using Junhyung’s men. I’m all for a fight but at this stage, we don’t have enough people to save us.”

“..I.. I can’t, alright? Hyuna’s not ready..”

“To hell with that! Look, she’s our only chance to get ourselves back out there and to get Junhyung out. After what he’s done to us…” there was a pause, “think of Jongup and Zelo and what they did to them. Don’t think that Junhyung didn’t know about that. Even if he acted that way, I bet he knew and didn’t stop Black. That guy… he was always like that.”

Silence ensued and Hyuna stood there, shocked. She was leaning against the wall next to the door and staring blankly into space when the door suddenly opened, revealing an equally surprised Yongguk.

He didn’t say anything though. He only eyed her with a look she couldn’t recognize before closing the door behind him and walking away.

Hyuna stared at the door, wondering if she should enter. Her hands reached out to the knob but it stopped inches away from it. Her fingers deciding whether to reach further or pull back. In the end, she chose the latter. Placing her hands into her pockets, she quickly walked away.

Unbeknownst to her, Yongguk had been watching. He knew Hyuna wasn’t ready and what she just did just showed so much of that. But, he had hope in her. She could bring them out of the mess BAP was in. She was their only hope. With much training, Hyuna could be the best fighter out there. The rest of BAP could finally get back the respect they deserve and get back in the ring where they belong. They could finally compete again and be one of the legends from before.

If not for Black, Junhyung and the ed up Skull, BAP wouldn’t be living in such a state.

They needed Hyuna. But Hyuna had to need them too. She just needed a bit more courage.

---

Himchan’s house was really beautiful. The color white dominated the most of the walls and furniture and the designs simply screamed class and high standards. It was so different from Junhyung’s apartment that was the typical bad boy and messy type.

The best part of the house was that they had some space to it that was used as the garden, pool and porch.

Hyuna leaned against the back of the bench she was sitting on, her eyes looking up in the dull sky. There weren’t any stars and the moon wasn’t visible that night. Just like the sky, she felt empty. Her thoughts were empty, her heart was empty.

There was a rustling sound followed by a thud beside her. A person had taken a seat next to her. She ly to see that it was Bang Yongguk, dressed in a loose, grey v-neck that hung on his shoulders. It went all the way down to his knees and he was wearing a pair of skinny, black jeans.

He just looked at her blankly and passed her a plastic bag.

Curiously, Hyuna took it and looked inside. She found a healthy-looking sandwich and smiled a thankful smile at him.

“You shouldn’t miss dinner,” he told her.

His voice was raspy and dry yet so soft and kind. For a person with deep voice, he didn’t sound rough at all.

Hyuna simply nodded and took a bite out of her sandwich, looking back up into the sky.

“You heard our conversation, didn’t you?” Yongguk asked after some time.

Hyuna looked down at her feet and nodded sheepishly.

“You don’t think of anything about it?”

Hyuna slowly turned to him, “What do you mean…?”

Yongguk sighed. Inside, he felt like Hyuna was only questioning what she already knew.

“Hyuna… You know we need you.”

Hyuna was silent.

“Aren’t you going to do anything about it?”

“Yongguk… It’s just like what Himchan had said. I don’t think I’m ready.”

“No. Hyuna, I’m sure you are.”

“How could you say that?”

“Aren’t I right, though?”

Hyuna was silent again.

“Are you curious what happened between Black and BAP? Are you curious why we have this feud and why BAP wants to destroy Junhyung and him?”

Hyuna didn’t answer, because she indeed was curious. And her silence answered Yongguk’s question.

“Hyuna… many months ago, when the news that Junhyung’s best fighter a.k.a Kim Hyuna, his girlfriend, died because of the two legendary gangs, SS501 and MBLAQ, Junhyung went crazy. Everyone saw it. There was this fire in his eyes. But there was nothing to do. INFINITE, that group of guys who had you before, they arrested MBLAQ but didn’t manage to get their hands on SS501. The case was closed and no one spoke about Kim Hyuna anymore. Even so, Junhyung couldn’t move on. He took it out on the people in the ring; he took it out on us, BAP. We were one of the rising gangs at that time, since you left the ring and there wasn’t a better group to go against except Black’s team who also made their appearance at that point of time. Junhyung never liked us, mainly because we were associated ourselves with MBLAQ. We weren’t bad like them; the both of our gangs were just allies because G.O. from MBLAQ was a close acquaintance of mine. Black saw this opportunity and became close with Junhyung. They made a pact to bring us down,” Yongguk paused, his eyes now staring somewhere far away, as if reminiscing such painful memories.

“Black told him so many lies about us and Junhyung blindly listened. He got so angry that one night…” Yongguk gritted his teeth, “he shot Himchan’s sister, Kim Sora. Three times, in her heart. He saw it as a warning to us but we saw it that he killed a part of our family. He was after our other sisters so we sent them to live in the woods, where they found your body. Junhyung and Black continued to create so many problems for BAP that finally, we were kicked out of the ring. We lost the respect from everyone. BAP was treated like scum. We lost all our business and money that we had to close down our shop at one point of time. We had to disappear.”

Finally, he turned back to Hyuna, tears in his eyes now. He looked deeply into hers.

“I know what he did to you, Hyuna. Even after hearing what he has done to us, can you still say you are not ready? When we got to know about you, Himchan saw a loophole. He saw a way to avenge his sister’s death and expose their bull. He saw a way to save us all from hiding and get back to where we belong.”

Hyuna gulped, her eyes tearing.

She stared deeply into the sky, unable to digest all that information.

Hyuna wanted some space to think and Yongguk could see that. So, he stood up and looked at her for the last time, “Think about it, Hyuna. There are people who need you to survive… Think about that small girl who brought you all the way back to her house when she found you. She needs you so bad right now.”