chapter seven

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

The snowflakes falling.

The cars driving past.

The people walking.

Some with their loved ones.

And some alone.

Some with their hands in their pockets to keep warm.

And some having a person by their side to warm their fingers with their own.

It’s surprising how much you can see if you just observed a little. The world is too focused on many things that we can’t see the basic. We’re too blinded by what we have to do to do what we really want to do.

Our parents work so much that they don’t realize they don’t even have passion for their job anymore. Our students study so much that they don’t even know how what they study can be applied in the future anymore. And we live so much according to how society should that we can’t understand the true meaning of “living the life” anymore.

A hand touched mine, snapping me out of my thoughts. Without moving my head, my eyes travelled to him and I took in his handsome features.

He had blonde hair. His eyes were fairly small and he had a sharp nose. He had such a unique face that I couldn’t stop staring.

“Kim Hyuna?” he asked.

His voice was soft and sweet. It was angelic yet husky.

“Who are you?” I whispered under my breath, enough for him to catch what I said.

He smiled, his eyes turned into crescents, “My name is Kim Himchan.”

---

He sat down on the chair next to my bed and looked at me.

“How are you feeling?” he asked me.

I blinked. I wasn’t sure what I was feeling. Everything felt awfully weird.

“What day is it today?” I asked, ignoring his question.

“Friday,” he said.

So it’s only been a day. Since.. since something happened. I can’t seem to remember it well because it felt like a dream. I wasn’t even sure what “it” was.

Maybe Himchan sensed my confusion or maybe he just wantedto clarify his answer but he continued on, “It’s Friday, 19th December of the year 2014.”

My eyes widened.

“2014?” I stammered.

“Hyuna, this will be hard to take in but you will have to know eventually,” he pauses, giving me some time to take in that it has been two years since that incident.

I wasn’t even sure about anything anymore. I didn’t feel like Kim Hyuna.

“W-what is going on?” I started shivering.

“Calm down, Hyuna. I will tell you if you just calm down,” he begged, holding onto my shoulders.

“No. Just say it. Tell me what is going on. I need to know,” I scolded him, frowning.

“Right now, you are in a private hospital. You were found unconscious and freezing in the cold about 2 years ago on this same month. My sister found you and thought it would be best to bring you in since you were still alive. You were badly injured so they called me up and got me to bring you to a hospital. According to my sister, the last time you spoke was when she found you and you were calling for help. After that, you slipped into a coma and you haven’t woken up until today,” he calmly explained, worry evident in his face.

So it did happen. I felt my heart skip a beat and tears filled my eyes. One by one, they fell and wet my cheeks. Memories quickly rushed into my mind and suddenly, I wanted to die.

“No.. No, stop crying, please,” Himchan asked, his eyes getting wetter by the second, too.

I swallowed my tears and looked deeply into his eyes, “Get out of my room.”

Slowly and hesitantly, he backtracked and finally left my room, leaving me alone on my bed, staring at the sheets that cover me, confused and wondering what the happened to me.