chapter three

: Tainted Hearts. (EDITING)

 

“Babe, not tonight. I’m tired,” he said.

His girlfriend rolled her eyes and let out a huff, pushing his arms that she had been clinging onto away.

“You’re always like this! I’m getting sick of you always tired,” she said and rolled her eyes, shifting her further away from him, obviously annoyed at his response to her.

“Yah.. I’m just really tired tonight. Tomorrow, okay?” he sighed.

“You’re tired tonight? Really? As far as I remembered, it’s been 4 consecutive nights. Are you hiding something?” she suspiciously eyed him, expecting a lipstain anywhere on his body.

But, there wasn’t any.

“I’m not. Please? Just leave me to rest. Work is hard,” he pouted.

“Oh, you’re gross. Please stop,” she fake-smiled and patted his arm before standing up.

Facing him, she placed her hands on her hips.

“Fine, I’ll leave you alone tonight but please rest well. And tomorrow, okay. No more postponing. And please don’t strain yourself at work anymore,” she told him.

“I’ll try, baby. It’s just really hard getting used to working this hard. I mean earning money wasn’t as hard before,” he explained.

“That’s because before, you were doing what you enjoyed most. But, for you to be able to do that again, you need a stable job to lean on before you can achieve your dreams. If you’re going to be buy auditioning for dance companies then you’ll need time and money to survive on as you seek your place in society. Trust me, all these hard work will pay off soon. Just be patient, okay?” she playfully patted his cheek.

She stuck her hands in the pockets of her jacket and spun around, heading for the bedroom.

Before she could shut the door, she screamed out, “As a punishment of rejecting me for the 5th time this week, you can sleep on the sofa tonight.”

The last thing Junhyung heard was a happy laughter and the sound of the door shut and locked. With a sigh, he shook his head and closed his eyes, the fatigue finally having an effect on his body. He fell asleep.

---

“No.. You can’t do this! You can’t! Where is she?!” he screamed at the nurse.

“I’m sorry, sir, but I was told to keep her new room confidential. I’m really sorry, sir,” the nurse bowed many times, taking small steps towards the exit.

“NO! YOU’RE NOT SORRY! Who was the guy who made you do that?! Bring me to him! I need to see her!” he screamed again, shaking the nurse.

“Sir, if you could please let go of me--“ “NO! I WANT YOU TO BRING ME TO HYUNA!”

“YOSEOB, ENOUGH!” a girl shouted at him from behind.

The voice was all too familiar and immediately, he let go of the nurse and fell on his knees, shock enveloping his whole body that couldn't stop shivering from both the cold and memories that slowly started to flood his mind.