Chapter seven

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

 

 

"Jiyong-ah, you remember my best friend Dara right?" Bom trying to avoid Dara's death glare towards her.

 

"Yes of course. Last time I saw you was on your house summer pool barbeque. And you were in this polka dots yellow swimsuits" Jiyong said with a hint of cheekiness.

 

Bom can't help but giggled quitely as she saw Dara blush discreetly.

 

"Nice to see you again Dara. Sorry about last night on the phone, jetlag and all that." Jiyong put his hand out for a handshake to Dara.

 

"No problem. I didn't recognise you anyway so I shouldn't have been that rude to you." Dara shake Jiyong's hand to be polite.

 

But there is something Dara can't understand while touching Jiyong's hand. How come she suddenly felt all hot and giddy feeling Jiyong's hand. Also the way he looks at her, as if he was talking to her by just mere eye contact.

 

"So...." suddenly Dara come back to realisation upon hearing Bom's voice. Dara shook her head and notice that she is still holding Jiyong's hand. Which she let go suddenly.

 

"...lets all go for dinner and we can discuss my proposal to you both" Bom said turning to both Jiyong and Dara.

 

"Hmmm...we dont really need to go out for dinner." Dara trying to get out of Bom's suggestion. "We can talk about it later" Dara was giving Bom the 'do not do this now' look. Which Jiyong can only smiled to as he know what's Dara trying to do.

 

"Yeah sure it will be my honor to treat you both lovely girls for dinner" Jiyong looking at Dara with a smile.

 

"Araso! its settled then. I will call umma to let her know we're not having dinner and Dara maybe you should do the same" Bom said and fished out her phone from her bag.

 

Dara can really not do anything about this so she went and take her bag out from the passenger seats .

 

 

**************************************************************************************************

 

It's been decided that they would just meet at the restaurant since Dara got her car and Jiyong got his too. Bom went with Jiyong to guide him to where they are going.

 

"Sometimes I can strangle Bom with her wild ideas" Dara muttered to herself. She's now contemplating whether just to drive home and bail out on this whole dinner thing. But she knows that Bom will skin her alive if she doesn't turned up. Also that silly boy Jiyong is driving closely to me, like he's tailing me or something. So she got no choice really but to go.

 

As they entered the restaurant, Jiyong can't help to notice how Dara has changed from the last time he saw her. He clearly remember this tiny girl, well she is still tiny but now in a nice curvey way, who would always ignore him everytime he teases her to get her attention. And now she has become more desirable in the eye. But wait she's your sister's bestfriend so that's a no no. Its part of the rules; you do not date your sister/brothers bestfriend, right?

 

"Seunghyun oppa!!" suddenly Jiyong was awaken from his short fantasy when he heard Dara calling someone at the restaurant. Seunghyun? thats a man's name right. A hint of jealousy came to Jiyong.

 

"Ssantoki...what are you doing here?" Seunghyun ask whilst eyeing up Jiyong as the strager is standing next to Bom. And Bom was clearly surprise to see Dara's brother tonight.

 

The two men is looking at each other questionly. Both are thinking "Who is he?"

 

It was Bom who introduces the two. "Seunghyun-shi this is my step brother Jiyong. And Jiyong this is Dara's brother Seunghyun" she said cheerfully.

 

"Ahhhh her brother" both men were thinking the same while taking each other hands for a hand shake.

 

"Seunghyun oppa, our table is ready" the girls haven't notice that Seunghyun was not alone. They turn towards the girl behind Seunghyun.

 

Bom suddenly feel she got no appetite for dinner anymore. And Seunghyun suddenly wish he didn't bring his date in this restaurant.