Chapter six

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

"So what do you think of my brother?" a sudden question was asked.

 

Dara who is still trying to comprehend that over night Bom has gained a brother out of the blue. Well not out of the blue anyway but she wasn't expecting Bom's step brother to be actually here in Korea at all. Last time Dara met Jiyong was few years ago when the boy came to one of his holiday in Korea . Just like any other boy she had never paid much attention to him. Especially as everytime they met all he does is endlessly. But because she loves Bom too much Dara would never retaliate to Jiyong's teasing and would only smiled back. And now apparently he's here to stay longer.

 

"Jiyong has grown into a very nice young man and I'm so glad I got someone to talk to at home now aside from our parents" Bom continued.

 

"Yah!! I talk to you too when your at home" Dara said while Bom sat opposite her at the campus cafeteria.

 

"Doh! thats on the phone and we always end up racking up with phone bills." Bom said as she look into Dara's blueberry muffin. "Are you gonna eat that" she ask her bestfriend smilingly.

 

"Help yourself. Ok I admit I'm just a little bit surprise that Jiyong is here thats all" Dara said and push her untouch muffin to Bom.

 

"So you still not answering my question" Bom talking while savouring the muffin at the same time. "What do you think of Jiyong-ah?".

 

"Jiyong-ah??.....who is this Jiyong-ah??" a voice came out of nowhere.

 

Both Bom and Dara look up to see who joined there conversation. It's Yongbae.

 

"Jiyong is my brother. Well step brother actually." Bom explained.

 

"Ahhh...I see. I thought maybe Dara has finally begin to show interest in a man." Yongbae who sat next to Dara said smilingly but with a little hint of jealousy.

 

"As if." Dara replied. "and if I do...it will not be with Jiyong. No offence Bommie" Dara explained.

 

"None taken." smilled Bommie to her best friend. "It looks like my plan will be much harder to put into action than I thought" Bom thought.

 

"So lovely ladies....are you still not coming to the dance?" Yongbae asked esp turning to Dara for an answer. This didn't escape Bom and Dara's attention, both just look at each other with 'here we go again look'.

 

"Yes Bom, have you change your mind?" as another male voice joined in. Here comes Siwon looking all charming and sat next to Bom.

 

"Actually yes we are going, right Bom." Dara said. Which cheered both boys up.

 

"Yeah, I think we are?" ask Bom to Dara as they haven't had a chance to finalise there plan yet.

 

"Thats cool. Does that mean you two beautiful ladies will be needing dates?" asked by a very excited Siwon.

 

"No." both girl said in unison and stood from their sits and left the two boys bewildered.

 

 

*****************************************************************************************

 

I ask Dara to meet me at the campus parking lot after class. I got a very good proposal to run to her but I'm not sure if she will agree to it.

 

"Hey bestie.." a smiling Dara look up from the driver side of her car where she's been waiting. "So I'm 99% sure Seunghyun will be your date for the dance. You know how my charm really works with brother right" Dara continued proudly.

 

"It's just it feel awkward having your best friend brother as your date/ to the dance. People might start talking" Bom said nervously as the thought of her and Seunghyun dancing crosses her mind.

 

"So what!... would you rather people talk about you being dateless? or people insinuating if we go together that we're both lesbian?" Dara ask.

 

"Point taken." Bom agreed.

 

"Everything will be okey, We are both going to the dance and we dont need to worry about the whole date/ thing." Dara reassured me.

 

"Which actually brings me to this idea I have." Bom said cheerfully and clasping her hand in delight.

 

"Oh yeah. What's that?" Dara reading her notes in her hand.

 

"Since Seunghyun-shi is coming. I thought maybe we can take Jiyong with us too." Bom exclaimed.

 

"WHAT!!" Dara's head shoot up to Bom which startle the other girl.

 

"Yeah. Think about it, first it's kinda weird if your date for the dance is your brother. Secondly one of us will be feeling left out if Seunghyun take one of us to the dance floor" Bom again pictured her & Seunghyun in the dance floor close together.

 

"So if we take Jiyong with us then we both got a date" Bom smiled at Dara.

 

Dara was about to protest when suddenly...........

 

"Take me with you where???" asked by a smiling Jiyong.