Chapter Sixteen

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

 

 

 

“I said let her go!!” this time Jiyong has pulled me out from Yongbae’s grasp.

 

I was still in shock when I look up at the two men in front of me as they both give each other deadly stares. With all my strength I managed to go in between them before things get ugly.

 

“ L- Look lets all calm down because…..” I was placing each of my hand against both mens chest to separate them when Yongbae suddenly spoke.

 

“ This is none of your business man. This is a private conversation between friends. Arasso!” as he smirked towards Jiyong.

 

“ It is my business if you are hurting a woman right in front of me and most especially if it’s someone I care about.” Jiyong hissed back as I still try to control the two from lashing towards each other.

 

I then saw Yongbae’s jaw moved and he walk back slightly before giving Jiyong an evil look and turn towards me. At first I was angry about the situation but now I’m scared what will happened if these two comes to blow. I slightly turn around to see if there is anybody around who might be able to help me just in case.

 

“I’m sorry if I’ve hurt you Dara but I just need to know why you told me at the beginning you are not interested on dating anyone and now suddenly you are going to the dance with THIS GUY.” Yongbae is now pacing up and down a little as he tries to suppress his anger.

 

“Yongbae, I know I did say I wasn’t going to the dance but me and Bom have only decided at the last minute that we’re going after all. I’m sorry if you feel disappointed with that but I am entitled to change my mind and I don’t think I should explain my reason to you.” My anger starts to come up again. As I move in front of Jiyong to show that I can handle the situation now.

 

“We’ve been friends for a long time now Yongbae and I don’t want to fall out with you because of this. I’ve never given you any false hopes about how I feel about you from the very start. So I hope you can still respect that now.” I move slightly forward toward Yongbae hoping that some way I can still save our friendship.

 

However at the same time Yongbae looked at me with a less angry expression, Jiyong has reached over to stop me from moving further towards Yongbae. With this I saw Yongbae’s formed a fist with his hand but he turned towards me again and smiled fakely.

 

“I’m sorry if I sounded rude and I apologise for my behavior. I hope somehow you understand why I’m frustrated.” Yongbae smiled at me and I know he meant his apology but he turned and once again glared at Jiyong behind me.

 

“I’ll see you around Dara and again I’m sorry for upsetting you.” And without waiting for me to answer Yongbae just walked away.

 

As I looked at the departing Yongbae, I can sense Jiyong moving nearer to me. I sigh as a sign of relief that somehow this is all over…..or is it??

 

“Are you okey?” I heard Jiyong ask behind me as he put a hand in my arm for reassurance.

 

“Yeah. I wasn’t expecting him to do that. He’s never shown any anger towards me before.” I turn around to face Jiyong and I can see concern on his face.

 

“In a way I understand why he’s angry and jealous but there is no excuse for him to be rude and aggressive towards you like that.” Jiyong explained and smiled.

 

“If I was on his shoe, I will be angry too if you go on a date with someone else.” Then all of a sudden Jiyong cupped my chin to face him.

 

I felt my cheeks burning so I took Jiyong’s hand down but without realizing I was still holding on to it for a few minutes. As we both look in our joint hands, the excitement I felt earlier was back again.

 

“So how about that ice cream I promise you? Are you still up for it?” Jiyong was grinning widely as he asked me.

 

“Hmmmm….I don’t know.” As I coyly smile to .

 

“Oh come one…..I’ll even throw a cake with it.” As he smile at me and tagged my hand a little at the same time.

 

“Double chocolate cake??” I ask him and he nodded straight away. “Okey then.” As I smiled back and we head off with hand still intact together.

 

 ********************************************************************************************************************

 

 

I was preparing for dinner with Omma when I heard Jiyong come in but he’s not on his own…..behind him was Dara.

 

“D – Dara??? What bring’s you here? Did you come together with Jiyong?” I ask my friend and I think both her and Jiyong was not expecting the suspicious tone on my voice.

 

“ H-Hi Bom. Good evening Mrs Kwon. I – I was just passing by to see how you are Bom, I haven’t seen you in campus for a while.” Dara stuttered a bit while trying to give Jiyong a side way look.

 

“Hello Dara. It’s been a while since I saw you dear…wait how come you two haven’t seen each other lately, normally we can’t hardly separate the two of you usually?” Bom’s mum asked.

 

“Ahhh omma….I’ve just been a bit busy these last few days with course work and thing. So I haven’t seen Dara around in the campus.” Bom ashamedly smiled between her mum and Dara.

 

“Dara dear are you staying for dinner? Bom has made enough food for us.” Mrs Kwon ask there guest.

 

“ U-ummm no thanks aunty. I would just like a quick word with Bom and I will be on my way.” Dara looked at Jiyong who is just smiling at her side.

 

While Bom on the other hand is worried about “The Talk”, she knows that she will eventually have to discuss her dilemma with Dara but she’s not expecting it to be this soon. Oh well no point of delaying the inevitable, it’s now or never. So with a silent sigh, I grab Dara’s hand and dragged her to my bedroom.

 

“Is there something you want to tell me?” both Dara and Bom said at the same time once they have seated comfortably on Bom’s bed. At which they chuckled together wondering if both knows what’s been bothering the other lately.

 

“Rabbit….I got a confession to make.” Bom started and shyly looked away from her best friend. Her heart beat is going rapidly as she’s scared that this will be the day that she will lose her best friend. But when Dara grab her hand, Bom knows Dara will listen.

 

“I-I…..I have a……..s-secret…..f-feelings towards your brother.” Bom finally confesses but have her head down as she can’t look at Dara. After a few minutes, she can’t take the silence anymore and is surprise to see her best friend grinning towards her.

“I know pabo!” Dara then squeeze Bom’s hand tightly letting her know that nothing has changed after all.

 

“So you’re not upset with me?” Bom starts to become teary out of happiness. Dara can only shake her head as she misses her best friend these last few days.

 

“How can I be upset if I feel the same way as you.” Dara said out of excitement.

 

“I’m glaaa…wait. What do you mean you feel the same?” Bom worriedly cried out.

 

“No pabo….I don’t mean I secretly fancy my OWN brother. That is just revolting!” Dara made a sickly expression.

 

“What I mean is…..” Dara lowered her voice down after realizing where she is at the moment. “I-I think I’m falling for your brother.” Dara shyly said to Bom. But when she looked at Bom all she can see was the later staring back at her with a unreadable expression. Oh no is she angry??…..what!!

 

But suddenly Bom went screaming in joy as if she just won the lottery or something. Both even nearly fell of Bom’s bed when Bom excitedly hug Dara.

 

“Oh my Gosh!!….Oh my Gosh!!. My little rabbit’s first love is my brother” Bom still going crazy.

 

“Shush…..keep your voice down. Jiyong might hear you. I’m not sure if he really likes me too” Dara starting to get all hyper as well.

 

“What do you mean…….hasn’t he confessed yet? Do you want me to ask him?” Bom said cheerfully.

 

“Bom don’t you dare. That’s just too embarrassing.” Then Dara blushed remembering there ice cream date earlier today.

 

“Well what about you and my brother. Bom….oppa’s been really depressed lately and I’m sure it’s because of you. Are you going to tell him how you feel about him soon?” Dara worriedly ask her friend.

 

“Neh…now that you know about my secret I think I need to tell Seunghyun too.” As Bom blush at the mere thought of Seunghyun’s confession to her few days ago.

 

“Aigoo….you know what this mean bessie?” Dara smirk at Bom.

 

“What?” Bom suddenly became curious.

 

“If you and my brother end up being married one day…..YOU WILL BE MY SISTER FOR REAL!!!!”  the two ends up shrieking so loudly, the whole neighborhood might have heard them.

 

 

 

Hi lovely people....sorry for the long delay. I hope I've not lost any lovely readers. Also thanks for all the nice comments. Excuse any grammar error, I was rushing to write this chapter xoxox