Chapter twelve

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

 

 

Going to college today feels like a mission. If it wasn't for the report I have due for today, heck I would not come out of bed. Ohhh I can't believe how things have turn out last night. I was so happy that I got to spend my evening with Seunghyun but everything just went from bad to worse. I dont think I can face Dara today. She will catch my mood and will ask questions. Ohh how I wish she knows my secret, at least maybe I can talk to someone about my frustration.

 

"Noona, are you okey?" Jiyong woke me up from my trance. He has kindly offered to drive me to uni today on his way to his new job and all I can do here is sulk. What an ungrateful sister am I. I need to snap out of this, pronto.

 

"Sorry Jiyong-ah. I've been really selfish for not talking and you come out all this way to drop me." I said apologetically.

 

"It's okey noona, I can see you look tired. Didn't you sleep well last night at all." Jiyong ask me worriedly.

 

"Yeah, I was a little worried about this report I got to submit so I hardly had any sleep." I lied to my brother and smiled hoping he will buy my excuse.

 

"You will be fine noona. I bet you will get a perfect grade for it." Jiyong smiled back and I can't help but feel guilty for my little white lie.

 

"Ahh Ji, what time will you be home tonight? Shall I make you some kimchi fried rice for dinner?" I ask him trying to change the subject and to look all lively this time.

 

"I'm not sure noona. I made some plans after work later, so I'm not sure what time I will be home. But if you are making some kimchi fried rice, can you save some for me anyway?" he said cheerfully but I can't help to wonder where is he going tonight.

 

I was about to ask him about his plans, when I realise we're already entering the university campus. And as soon as Jiying turn towards the car park I saw Dara leaning on her car with Yongbae, I know she's waiting for me.

 

"Ahh noona, who's the guy with Dara?" Jiyong ask me seriously.

 

"Ohh that....that's Yongbae." I replied while gathering my stuff from the back seat.

 

"Yongbae? Boyfriend?" he ask curiously.

 

"He wish." I said with a small laugh. Then Jiyong gave me a questioning look as if asking me for more details.

 

"Well...yeah he wish he's Dara's boyfriend and he's been very patiently still waiting for the chance." I said nonchalantly.

 

"And he will be waiting for nothing." Jiyong murmur quietly.

 

"Did you say something Ji?" I ask . Then I opened the car door to go out, reminding myself to act like nothing is wrong. Especially in front of Dara. I bade goodbye to Jiyong, he stop for a while.

 

"Ahh noona...can you tell Dara I said hello and will see her later." he said to me.

 

"Sure. Wait, what do you mean......" I was about to turn around to ask him what does he mean by see Dara later but his car is already reversing away from the car park.

 

Is he meeting Dara later? Nah.....they hardly talk to each other let alone want to be alone together. I must have just missed heard him.

 

"Aigoo, Bommie. What took you so long." ask by my bestfriend once I reach her. And she's looking at the departing Jiyong.

 

"Boomie-ah, who is that good looking man? Is he your boyfriend?" Yongbae ask me teasingly. We all started walking to the campus and I just look at Dara with a smirk.

 

"No actually that's Dara's fiancé. We decided to all become a Mormon’s so he can have me and Dara as his wifr at the same time." Bom said jokingly at which Dara just nod to Yongbae to too.

 

"Eh???" Yongbae was flabbergasted.

 

We just left Yongbae on his own little confusion.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

 

After all my lessons today, I decided to go sit at one of the bench near the football field. I'm just gonna relax her and will think of some way to explain to Seunghyun about what happened last night. Oddly enough, I got a text to Dara earlier saying she has free period this afternoon so she's just gonna go ahead home and will just call me later.

 

I was enjoying my cold coffee, when I felt a shadow behind me. As I look up....I saw a smiling Siwon.

 

"Hi Bom. How was your lecture today?" he asks me and sat next to me without even asking for my permission if he can join me.

 

"It's fine Siwon-shi." I replied shortly as I'm really not in the mood to be hassled at the moment.

 

"That's good. I've been very busy today too, got so much essay to researched on...." as he continued talking like I've asked him too. For a few minutes Siwon just keeps on and on and on.....

 

"Oh there you are my sweetheart...." a sudden voice interrupted Siwon which made us both turn our head suddenly from who it is.

 

I cannot believe who my saviour is................Seunghyun.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

 

As I sit in Starbucks, where me and Jiyong have agreed to meet up, I can't help but feel guilty for lying to Bom of my whereabouts. This is the first time I lied to her for as long as we've know each other. But I have to do this as I don’t want her to think that I'm on a date with her brother. Am I??

 

"Hi there. I'm sorry for being late. Have you been waiting long?" Jiyong come rushing in.

 

"No. I only got here 5 minutes ago" I replied with a smile. Actually I'm a bit nervous that I already had a small Americano to calm my nerves. Wait, did I say I was nervous? Why am I nervous coz this is not a date. I shook my head absentmindedly.

 

"Aigoo, you’re on your own little world again. Aren’t you?" Jiyong ask me as he chuckled.

 

"Sorry." is all I can reply as I can feel my cheek heating up.

 

"Never mind. Shall I get us a coffee then?" he smiled and stood up.

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

 

After our coffee, Jiyong have asked me to go for a walk with him at the nearby park. We were talking about his new internship just around the corner from where we are and how his first day has been. He then ask me about college today and if I've been busy.

 

"It was ok. I got an essay due next week and I'm just finishing the last few bits and pieces on it." I told him.

 

"Is that why Yongbae was talking to you earlier?" Jiyong ask me all of a sudden. Wait.

 

"How do you know about Yongbae?” I ask Jiyong curiously. I know he saw me at the campus car park earlier with Yongbae but I never thought he would pay any attention with it.

 

“Oh….I’m just curious coz I saw you this morning and he was looking at you in a very special way.” He said without sounding jealous or something.

 

I smiled back at him and didn’t want to make it obvious that I can sense a tiny bit of jealousy on him. Let me savour this moment for now, I can feel my cheek burning again as I feel all giddy now.

 

“Yongbae is only a friend. I know he wants more than that from me but he knows that’s the only thing I can give him.” I said sincerely to Jiyong. It feels weird that I’m opening up to him about this but I don’t want him to think otherwise.

 

Jiyong face cheered up immediately and I can’t help to chuckle a bit on this. We passed a small ice cream vendor and he ask me if I want some ice cream.

 

“Only if you let me get this one, you already brought the coffee earlier.” I said.

 

“Since when does a man let the girl pay on their dates.” He immediately went over to the ice cream van and I was just standing here completely shock.

 

SO THIS IS A DATE?!!??!?!!.....