Chapter eleven

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

 

 

Seunghyun was glad that he managed to convince Dara to go with Jiyong tonight. At least he got this chance to explain to Bom what has happened earlier at the restaurant. But here they are sitting in Dara's car outside Bom's house and neither one can start a conversation. Seunghyun who is normally full of words and confidence around girls, can't even look straight at the girl next to him.

 

While Bom is not sure whether she should just go or grab this moment to find out why Seunghyun has ditch his date tonight. She is so nervous that she didn't realise that they've hardly said a word to each other all the way home from the restaurant.

 

"Thank y........" Both said at the same time. They look at each other and started to laugh as they nearly both have said the same thing.

 

"You go first." said Seunghyun as he started to blush.

 

"Ahhmmm....Thank you for taking me home Seunghyun-shi and also for dinner tonight." Bom said once again and smiled after seeing the guy turned red on his cheek.

 

"I was hoping I will get a chance to explain what happened tonight at the restaurant." Seunghyun hoping that Bom will not changed her mind about the dance. "You see I was asked by a work friend to go on a double date tonight. Then he decided to leave me and Luna at the very last minute as his date didn't turn up. I then feel bad if I cancel the date there and then so I thought I can just take her for a quick dinner but I never thought I would bump......" Seunghyun stop as he realise he was just blubbing about none stop and Bom is staring at her like he's a mad person. He scratch his head at the foolishness he's doing right now.

 

"Seunghyun-shi.....you dont need to explain everything to me." Bom said sweetly. " You're a very sweet and lovable single guy. You are free to date who ever you want to." Bom continued.

 

"But I do need to explain coz I dont want you to think badly of me." He said sadly. "and by the way, I don't get to date who I want to. Not now anyway coz now I think she hates me." Seunghyun glumly said.

 

Hearing this made Bom's all teary. Is he telling her he love's someone? How much can a girl take in one night. This is much worse than watching him and Luna at the restaurant earlier. He's gonna tell her he likes somebody and that it's all a one sided love.......and he's heart is breaking.......and

 

"But I don't want you to hate me Bom." Seunghyun next word has shocked Bom instantly.

 

"Eh??. Did I just hear right??" Bom asked herself and stared at Seunghyun in disbelief.

 

For a moment or so they were just looking at each other. One is thinking..."Did I just confessed to her and now she's about to reject me?" and the other...."He doesn't want me to think badly of him, does this mean he likes me?".

 

Bom was the first to break their eye contact as she forced to suppress the tears from coming out in her eyes. She's happy and confuse right now as she didn't expect what Seunghyun have just said.

Seunghyun also saw these tears and can't help but curse himself for making this girl he cared about cry.

 

"I'm sorry but I think, I'm gonna have to go now. It's getting late and all." Bom opened the car door not waiting for a reply from Seunghyun. The longer she stay the more confussing the situation is becoming to her.

 

"Wait Bom!" Seunghyun was about to stop the girl he loves from walking away but he remembered the sadness in her voice and all he can do is follow her running form as she finally reached her house.

 

Hitting the stearing wheel with his hand he cannot believe what just have happened. With final glance at the house, he drove home angry to himself.

 

***********************************************************************************************************

 

Bom keeps repeating the earlier incident in her head, surely she's just over reacting right? But what can she do now, she cannot call Dara and ask her opinio bec she will then find out everything. Should she call Seunghyun and apologise for how she acted but maybe he thought she's being childish and will just laugh at her. It's so confussing. How she wish she can turn back time bec if she can things would be different by now.

 

************************************************************************************************************

 

I look at my brother while he sits in the terrace. Earlier when he got back from dropping Bom home, I was ready to question him about tonight. But when he just walk in oblivious to the people around him, I got a funny feeling it isn't the right moment yet. Now, he's seating in the chair with a drink in his hand and he's just staring into space. Something must have happened tonight and as much as I'm scared for the answer, I want to find out.

 

"Oppa....ain't you tired yet?" Dara spoke behind her brother and breaking his trance.

 

"I'm just trying to relax a bit before going to bed sis." Seunghyun replied with a smile.

 

"You know you actually loose sleep if you think too much. And you will also get wrinkles." Dara said trying to lighten the mood a bit.

 

"Hahaha....you are right baby sis. Is that why you got a few lines in your forehead?" Seunghyun tease his sister.

 

"Hey!!" Dara playfully punch his arm. " I dont have any wrinkles oppa. Remember your older than me so you'll get them first before I do." Dara smiled at her brother.

 

"True." Seunghyun only replied and somehow his smile faded when he remember Bom.

 

Dara saw her brother change of facial expression and she's sure that what ever it is that he's thinking it is very serious.

 

"Oppa, sometimes it's always good to let everything out in here you know." Dara then pointed at Seunghyun heart.

 

"No matter how bad it is, I'm sure their is always a solution on everything." she then gave her brother a sincere smile and hopefully he will find an answer to whatever it is that's bothering him tonight.

 

Seughyun looked at his baby sister and can't believe what a fine young lady Dara has become. He hopes that when the time comes and he tells her everything, he hopes she will understand him completely.

 

"Let's hope so Ssantoki." Seunghyun replied. Because now he knows that he can't and will not give up easily, he won't give up on his feelings for Bom.