Chapter fifteen

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

  

 

I know what I want and who I need in my life but here I am hesitating and heartbroken. It’s been two days now, after Seunghyun took me for dinner and drove me home, no words have been spoken after his admission that he likes me. It’s like the world just stop at that instance. I can still clearly remember the disappointment on his face as we drive along.

 

“I will respect your decision Bom and will give you all the time you need….” Seunghyun said to me once we stop at the front of my house.

 

“Thank you Seunghyun. There are just a few things I need to clear in my head before I give you my answer.  I hope you don’t hate me in the meantime” I replied without looking at the man beside me. Then I was startled when I felt him reached out for my hand.

 

“I can never hate you Bom….never.”  I heard from my side and as I look at him and see him smiling, I knew everything will be alright.

 

So here I am in the library and hiding from Dara for a few days now. I know I need to talk to her before the dance and I’ve only got a few days left. Because yes, even with all these things I need to settle, I’m still determined to go ahead with the original plan for me and Seunghyun to go to the dance together. The way I see it, I got no choice. Either way I need to do something before the dance: if I change my mind and not go with Seunghyun, Dara will ask as to why. And if we go ahead with the plan, it will be awkward if I and Seunghyun are not talking to each other. So hopefully before then I will have an answer to Seunghyun before the dance. I just need to find the courage to talk to Dara. Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate telling me I have a message.

 

From Dara: Bommie-ah wer are u?? I haven’t seen you at campus for a while. We need to discuss what we’re gonna be wearing to the dance. Are you sick?? But Jiyong said you’ve been going to uni anyway. Can you please call me bestie. Miss u * x *

 

Wait a second….”But Jiyong said....”…..since when has she been talking to Jiyong without me knowing? I thought she hates him?

 

“Hey Bom!!...so you’re here. Dara’s been looking for you.” I was startled by Yongbae’s voice as he walks and sat opposite me.

 

“Oh Hi Yongbae. Yes I got some revision to do and I don’t want to leave it the last minute with the dance coming you know.” I replied back with a smile to Yongbae. “I got Dara’s message so I will talk to her later” I lied hesitantly.

 

“Oh okey. Speaking of the uni dance, I heard Dara is going to the dance now. Is that true?” the guy eagerly ask me and I can sense happiness on his tone.

 

“Yeah…she is.” I confirmed back but felt a bit sorry for Yongbae as he clearly like my best friend a lot.

 

“YES!!” he silently punch the air in excitement. “ I will ask her to be my date again Bom…what do you think?” Yongbae ask me cheerfully which add more pain on me knowing my best friend has already got a date. Now I need to break the bad news to Yongbae.

 

“U-ummm…the thing is Yongbae…..” I hesitantly started.

 

“Dara is already going to the dance with someone beside from me.” I smiled towards the boy.

 

“Really?? Who??” Yongbae eyes all went wide with shock.

 

“My brother, Jiyong.”

 

***************************************************************************************************************

 

I sent Bom a text message after I came out from my last lecture for today. I haven’t really seen her for a few days now and I’m starting to get worried. I know she’s been going to uni as Jiyong told me he’s been dropping her off on his way to work but somehow my best friend seems to be avoiding me. I also know that whatever the matter is with Bom has got something to do with my dear brother.

 

Seunghyun oppa has been gloomy and short with everyone at home these last few days and every time I ask him what’s wrong he just shrugged his shoulder on me and disappears into his room. I’ve never seen my brother this down and I’m pretty sure Bom is the only answer. But I’m not too sure as to how am I going to resolve their problem. I love both my brother and best friend to bits and I know they have a special feelings towards each other but I’m not sure what stopping them from doing something about it. I don’t want to interfere because if I’m wrong it will be totally embarrassing.

 

My thought was suddenly interrupted when I heard my phone bleep for a message, maybe it's Bom..…….

 

From Jiyong: Hey gorgeous! My meeting finish early today and I’m done for the day. So I’m wondering if you fancy some ice cream. I don’t have my car with me today so I’m on a taxi now and  I will come and wait for you at your campus car park, okey? ^_^

 

I smiled at the message and especially re-read the part where he called me gorgeous.   Oh my gosh, I can feel my cheek burning up. Thank god Jiyong can’t see me.  So I replied back.

 

To Jiyong: Sure ice cream sounds nice. Don’t worry I got my car with me, I will drop you off home afterwards. See you in a bit =)

 

“Dara!!...wait up!” I heard someone called me as soon as I’ve sent my message to Jiyong. I turn around to find Yongbae running towards me.

 

“Oh Yongbae. What’s the matter?” I smiled to the guy as I’m in a better mood now. I waited for him to catch his breath as I walk slowly towards the car park.

 

“I-I heard from….Bom…t- that you’re….going to the dance with her brother?” Yongbae ask me once he finally caught up with me.

 

“Yes I am.” I replied short but with a smile.

 

He then stop me from my track and turned me to face him by holding me on my arm. I was shock at his action especially as I can feel his grip getting harder while he looks at me.

 

“ What is the matter Yongbae?” I ask confusingly as I try to wiggle my arm off from his hold.

 

“ You’re not going with him like a date are you?” and this time I can sense seriousness on his voice.

 

“ What are you talking about Yongbae. Jiyong is Bom’s brother and my brother is taking Bom as well to the dance.” I managed to release my arm from his hold and start walking away.

 

“But you still haven’t answered my question. This is not a date, right?” Yongbae asked and still right behind me.

 

" Of course not." I lied and continued walking but with a bit of pace now. I suddenly feel slightly uncomfortable of this conversation.

 

" Really. So you're not interested on this Jiyong guy at all." Yongbae continued to ask as we carried on walking.

 

" Yongbae...why are you asking me all this question suddenly? What's got into you?" I ask him as I start to feel annoyed with all of his questions.

 

"I just don't understand that one minute your not interested on going to the dance, then suddenly you changed your mind and now your going with just some guy you hardly knew." he said to me irritably as we stop walking for a moment. At this point I know there is no use talking to Yongbae about this. I can see his upset but he's acting so childishly at the moment that I dont want to discuss this issue any further.

 

" Look Yongbae....I dont know why you are getting all worked up. So before we completely fall out bec of this whole thing, lets just both calm down and will discuss this some other time. Okey." I said to Yongbae before I completely loose my patient.

 

" No. I want you to tell me right here right now that your not interested with that guy." once again Yongbae pulled me by my arm.  And when I look at him, I can see anger on his eyes and now I'm definitely angry too.

 

"Let go of me Yongbae before I say something we might both regret." I demanded to the man in front of me but I can only feel his grip getting stronger.

 

We continued staring at each other as I tried to pull my arm back from Yongbae. I never thought that this will ever happen, Yongbae has never shown any sign of anger towards me before.

 

" I think you better let her go man....your starting to hurt her." suddenly a voice came from behind us.

 

As me and Yongbae turned at the same time....an unhappy Jiyong is looking at us.

 

 

 

 Sorry guys for not updating lately, things just been so busy with mwah. Thanks for your continued patients. xoxo