Chapter two

BF - Bestfriend or Boyfriend

 

This rabbit better be here in the next 5 minutes or she will be paying for my lunch too. I feel like I've been waiting forever but luckly I ordered this delicious cake whilst waiting for her otherwise I will be starving for life. A bit of exaggeration here but what can I say I love my food. But dont get me wrong I have never put on weight even if I eat like there's no tomorrow. This is what I loved about my genes, I got a very high metabolism.

 

My phone beep while i cut into my cake once again. Message: Bommie-ah, please come home early today. We got something important to tell you. The message is from my mother and when she says "we" she means her and my stepdad. Reply: Yes umma. I'm only meeting Dara for a few hours and I will go straight home afterwards.

 

 

My mother has remarried when I was only 5, my dad has run away and never come back when his business failed. Luckly as an only child my mother did not struggle too hard to bring me up. Also she met my stepdad not soon after. They never had a child together but I do have a step brother and step sister who are both living in the States. I see them once in awhile when they come here to see dad or when I use to tag along with my parents when we go on holiday to the States. My stepdad has always been good to me so I can say I have no bitterness about my biological father. I always believe that life is too short to be bitter and just be greatful to what you have.

 

 

I'm enjoying a piece of my cake when the door in the cafe opened and my dear bestfriend run towards our usual area.

 

"I'm sorry..." as she settle in opposite me. " sometimes I wish had a sister instead of a brother" Dara blabbered but we both know she doesn't mean what she just said.

 

We know how Seunghyun is......confident, playboy and damn y. The boy who will give you problems but we love him all the same. You see I got a little secret that no one knows, especially not my bestfriend. I have feelings for Seunghyun since the very first time I've seen him. Not a brotherly feeling but the I want to date him feeling. But I'm worried what it will caused me if I tell Dara I have this feelings to her brother. Also with all the stories I heard about Seunghun dating record from Dara, he has never taken a girl seriously. I think as far as I can remember the longest time he dated a girl is for a week.

 

"So he owes me one and I think this is the answer to our problem" I heard Dara says once I came back from my day dream of Seunghyun.

 

" And what was that again" I honestly ask her.

 

" So I've been blabbering all this time and I bet all you can think about is this cake in front of you." Dara pouting as she pretend she was hurt.

 

"I'm sorry" is all I can mutter and looking down on my cake once again.

 

"Only kidding. Wait let me just get a coffee and I'll tell you everything again" as Dara run to the counter to order. Looking at my half eaten cake, I wonder what has Seunghun done this time. With this thought I think I've just lost my appetite. I mean only Seunghyun can make me forget about food like this. Aist! I think I fallen in love big time.

 

"So...." Dara says as soon as she come back with 2 coffees, a cheese cake for her and another slice of choco cake for me. "as I was saying before. I believe we have finally got an answer to our problem", She continued while seeping her coffee.

 

"You mean the university dance?" I asked.

 

"No the continued fight in Iraq" Dara said sarcasticly. "Of course the university dance you dummy" she look at me bewildered while eating her cheesecake. "Whats the matter with you anyway? are you ill or something? Normally you would eat your cake like someone is chasing you but you haven't even finish the first one" Dara is looking at me worriedly.

 

Should I just get it over and done with and tell her my feelings to her brother. No. Its not the right time yet.

 

"Nothing is wrong. I think I'm full up" I said with a smile but not sure if she is buying this.

 

"Really, if you say so. As I was saying, I caught Seunghyun oppa sneaked a girl in his room...." as Dara said the word GIRL and HIS ROOM, I have completely lost my appetite.

 

"But because I caught him first, he owes me a favour for not snitching him up" she said smilingly after taking a piece of her cheesecake.

 

"And this will help us with the university dance....how?" I ask irretably.

 

"Ahh doh!!....it means you got a date for the university dance" she told me straight. I look at her as if I was waiting for her to tell me she was only joking.

 

"Say that again? Seunghyun and me at the university dance...t..tt..together. Together as a date?!?" I think my brain just misheard what my bestfriend have just said.

 

"Well since you dont want to go with any of the boys at uni who asked you already. And we can't go together coz people will just think we're sad lesbians. Then the only answer to our problem is Seunghyun." Dara said while taking another sip of her coffee.

 

I tried to restrain myself for hugging my bestfriend, coz I think she is the best of all the best friend in the whole world. But I stayed in my sit and without another word I jump into my second choco cake courtesy of my dear Dara.

 

"I take it your agreeing to my suggestion?" Dara ask me with a smile.

 

"Look...we dont even know what your brother will say about this. I'm sure he's not going to like this whole idea" I said pretending I was against the whole plan but deep inside my heart is pounding so hard I didn't realise I have finish my second slice of cake.

 

"You leave my brother to me...." Dara is smirking.