Chapter 8

What is it about you?

(Hyukjae POV)

“Hyukkie! Hyukkie!! Look at how cute it is!” Donghae was practically squealing with excitement as he looked in the window of the pet store and a cute little puppy.

“It’s adorable, Hae. But if you don’t hurry then I’m not buying you any ice-cream” I threatened playfully.

“But look at him! He just looks so fluffy and cute! I wanna go in and pet him!” he cooed, his hands pressed up against the window, his eyes wide with happiness.

“On the way back okay?” I chuckled, grabbing his hand and pulling him away from the window. Making him pout slightly. I just rolled my eyes and pulled him over to the ice-cream parlour.

It took us – us meaning him – about ten minutes to choose what flavours to get. Of course, I chose strawberry and Hae went with a mix of vanilla, cookie dough and strawberry. After that we made our way over to a small bench and sat to eat the sweet treat. I was just about to take a spoonful of mine when I felt something cold attack my nose. It took me a minute to realise what had happened. I looked up to see Hae some vanilla ice-cream off of his finger with a smirk on his face.

The way he was doing it…. It was so ual. I bit my lip as I watched him run his tongue over his finger where the sticky substance had begun to dribble down slightly. A part of me wanted to grad his hand and it off myself.

“Hyukjae oppa?” a girly voice snapped me out of my thoughts. Thankfully. It was starting to get a little weird up in my head for a minute there.

I turned to see Jessica walking towards me with Sunny and Yuri. A sweet smile on her face. It took me a second to gather my thoughts. Jessica. My girlfriend Jessica. The person I should be having those weird thoughts about, not my FRIEND, that is a GUY, Hae. Okay, I just made myself sound like a grade A ert. I mentally slapped myself before putting on a smile and waving at her.

“Hey Jess, having a girly day?” I smiled as she took a seat on my lap.

“Ne. Yuri, Sunny and I were just about to go get our nails done. What colour should I get oppa?” she smiled.

Yuri and Sunny took a seat either side of Hae and began to coo over him, saying he was cute and sweet. And he was blushing. He was seriously blushing at them?! What the hell? Did he like one of them or something? Aish, why was I getting so mad about this?

“You should get pink with little strawberries painted on them” I grinned, trying not to think about the two girls that were all over my Hae. My Hae? What? I… he’s not… Aish!

“Oppa, you are seriously obsessed with strawberries” Jessica laughed, “but alright. Anything for you baby” she smiled and pulled me in for a short but sweet kiss.

Once parted she stood up, taking my ice-cream as she did and gestured for her friends to follow her before waving goodbye to me and nodding briefly to Hae.

“Bye Donghae Oppa. See you at school” Sunny smiled shyly at Hae, giving him a small wave.

“Bye Sunny. Maybe you can join us for lunch on Monday!” Donghae waved, making Sunny beam at him before running off to catch up with Jessica and Yuri.

“Do you like her?” I asked suddenly. The question even surprising me.

Donghae looked at me oddly before answering “She’s a nice girl. But I don’t know her well enough to like her as more than a friend”. I don’t know why, but I felt relieved as he said it.

“Okay, hurry and finish your ice-cream if you still want me to buy you that plushie” I smiled. Only then did I realise that Jessica had taken mine with her. Making me frown.

Donghae seemed to notice because the next thing I knew, a spoonful of strawberry ice-cream was shoved into my mouth. I froze for a second before looking up at Hae who was continuing to eat his treat as though nothing had happened. I don’t know why, but it made me smile.

~*~

“So…” Hae said as we made our way into a store that sold plushies and other cute thing along those lines. “Why did you ask if I like Sunny?”

“You seemed all happy around her… I just… I just wondered, I guess?” I said, trying not to think of him having feelings for her. I mean, don’t get me wrong, Sunny is a lovely girl and she’s great but I don’t want him to like her. Honestly, I don’t really want him to like anyone. Wait… what am I even thinking? What is it to me if he likes someone? He isn’t mine so I shouldn’t even care about it.

I ruffled my hair in frustration. This was getting weird now. First the weird ice-cream thoughts and now this?! What are you doing to my head Donghae?! Aish!

I looked over to see he was about to reply when his eyes lit up and he ran over to the corner of the store and picked up a giant Nemo plushie. Didn’t he already have a smaller version?! Why did he need a bigger, more expensive one?!

“Hyukkie, look how cute it is!” he giggled, hugging it close to him, like a child. Was that his line of the day or something? I guess he has a soft spot for cute things. Lately, it seemed like I did too.

“Is that the one you want?” I chuckled, seeing him all happy.

“Oh? Aniyo, I can’t ask for this, it’s too expensive” he refused kindly. But why did I feel like I needed to buy it to him, why was it I felt like I wanted to see that happy look on his face again, but moreover, see it there because of me?

“Don’t be silly. If it’s for you then I don’t mind” my eyes widened as the words left my mouth. What was that about?! “I… I mean... I owe you right?”

Hae laughed awkwardly.. “Well, um, I guess if you really want to…”

I didn’t say anything after that, I just took the plushie from his hands and made my way over to the counter to pay for it – and believe me, it set me back a lot – with Donghae in tow.

After I bought it, we left the store and spent another couple of hours wondering before Donghae yawned sleepily.

“Tired?” I chuckled.

“Mmm.  A little. Do you want to go back to my house and rest? You can stay for dinner if you like, I’m sure my Umma wouldn’t mind” he said, rubbing his eyes slightly.

“Sure, let’s go” I said, taking his free hand in mine. I had offered to hold the plushie, but he refused, saying I couldn’t take his baby from him. Ha. He was such a kid at times.

Once we got to his house, we took off our shoes and jackets and made our way up to his room. His Umma wasn’t in, but he said that she worked a lot so it was normal for him to be alone. It kind of made me wonder where his Appa was, but I didn’t want to ask. It wasn’t really my place to.

“Make yourself at home” he smiled as we walked into his room. And so I did, by diving on his bed and rolling over so I was facing the ceiling.

“Comfortable?” he laughed, plopping down beside me.

I rolled onto my side, propping myself up on my elbow, my face resting in my hand. “I am” I grinned, looking down at him.

He rolled his eyes slightly, and slapped me lightly on the chest “jerk” he muttered before laying back comfortably.

“Yah! Now who’s the jerk?” I pouted, rubbing my chest. Why was I acting this way?!

“Still you” he giggled, sticking his tongue out playfully.

“I’ll bite you” I growled lowly, making his smile widen as a small laugh escaped his lips.

“You wouldn’t dare~” he narrowed his eyes at me, as if testing me.

Well, I was never one to back down from a dare. Before he could grasp what was happening, I swooped in and took the soft flesh of his cheek between my teeth and nibbled it lightly before pulling away with a smirk on my face.

The smirk only got bigger when I saw the look of pure shock on his face. Unable to stop myself, I leaned in so that my lips were against his ear and whispered “you shouldn’t test me, because I never back down from a dare.”

“I..I… Y-You…” he stuttered, it seemed that I’d shocked him out of being able to speak. Ha, this guy.

“Earth to Donghae! Earth to Hae~ Wake up sunshine, don’t leave me hanging” I chuckled.

He blinked a couple of times before looking up at me with his eyes slightly widened. “You really bit me!” he said, looking as though he’d only just realised my actions.

The cute look on his face only made me laugh. Sometimes his innocence was amazingly adorable, not that I would ever admit that out loud.

“YAH! Stop laughing at me!” he pouted, before long he’d pushed me onto my back and climbed on me, so that he was straddling my waist, a pillow in hand and he repeatedly hit me in the face with the soft object. “That… Is… For… Being… A… Jerk…” he said between hits, “And… Actually biting…. My… Face..!”

I couldn’t help it, it only made me laugh more. I know he wasn’t really mad at me, just surprised, but the way he reacted just made my day!

However, getting hit over and over in the face with a pillow soon became a tad annoying so, I decided to catch him off guard and quickly change our positions. Now I was on top of him, pinning his hands above his head, a smirk on my face.

“You know…” I chuckled, leaning in closely, so that our faces were barely apart “If you play with fire, then you’re gonna get burnt”

“I could take you” he whispered, “I’m stronger than I look. I’m just letting you win” I could feel his hot breath run over my face, but I was too caught up in the moment to care.

“Then why are you struggling?” I whispered back, not moving my face.

“B-Because I fe-”

‘Uh, letting you go~ letting you go~ ’

“Urgh” I groaned picking up my phone, and sitting up so that I was still on top of Hae, only now our faces weren’t as close together. “Yoboseyo?”

“Hey baby, are you free tonight?”

“I don’t know Jess, why?” I sighed. Jessica. I forgot about her for a minute there.

“Well, my parents haven’t seen you in god only knows how long, and they wanted you to spend the night so you could catch up”

“I don’t know… I’m having dinner at Donghae’s so..”

“You can have dinner there and then come over after”

I sighed, giving up. Once Jess wanted something, it was hard to say no. “Alright, I’ll see you around eight. Bye Jess”

“Bye. Love you”

“You too.” I groaned, hanging up the phone.

It was only then that I actually realised the compromising position that Donghae and I were in. I looked down to see him blushing badly, and I just knew that my face would be the same.

Carefully I got off of him and laid back down beside him.

I really didn’t want to go to Jessica’s place for the night. Her parents were great, and so was she, but I just didn’t feel up to being around her lately, I don’t know why though.

“So… What was that about?” Hae asked after a long minute.

“Nothing important” I smiled, closing my eyes, they suddenly felt really heavy.

 

(Sungmin POV)

Kyuhyun sat on the sofa opposite me. Neither of us had said anything since he kissed me – and I kissed him back but we don’t need to get into that. I mean, seriously, it was amazing! But anyway – unless it was just small talk. We’d gotten though the morning awkwardly, and had lunch and now it was three in the afternoon and we’d been sitting here for an hour, not exchanging words.

“Sungmin…” he started hesitantly, breaking the unbearable silence. “I… I’ve been meaning t-to tell you something…” his nerves were obvious. I had to admit, it was the cutest damn thing I’d ever seen.

“What’s all this? THE Cho Kyuhyun is nervous?” I giggled, knowing it would lighten the mood.

“Oh shut up” he rolled his eyes. See, I knew it would help. “But seriously, I do need to tell you something”

“I’m all ears” I smiled.

He sighed and walked over to where I sat, sitting on his knees in front of me, he took my hands in his and took a deep breath before beginning. “Lee Sungmin. I hope you know how much you mean to me. Now, I planned to do this a lot more smoothly and not as abruptly as this, but, desperate times call for desperate measures and I think I’ve waited long enough. Since the first time I saw you, I knew you’d be my friend. I remember, I was new and I looked like a loner and nobody would talk to me, or if they did I would just give them a sarcastic response. But then this little chubby-cheeked boy, looking like a bunny came bouncing over to me and wouldn’t leave me alone.

 “The funny thing is, I didn’t mind. This boy, who told me his name was Lee Sungmin, but I could just call him Sungmin, and there was no need to call him hyung because we would be close friends. Ha. You really did make an impression. And when you found out I was smart and skipped a grade or so, you were so impressed and wouldn’t stop hugging me. I also remember that was the first time you kissed my cheek and I went home with the BIGGEST smile on my face. Then after that, you started to be a lot more forward with me about skinship and it was like we were glued together.

 “It took me a while to realise, but I had slowly grown to like you as more than a friend over the years and slowly, it turned into something so much stronger. The thing is Sungminnie, I think I’m in love with you and this is me, for the first time in my life, wearing my heart on my sleeve. I just needed you to know that… Please don’t hate me” he said, not meeting my eyes and only looking down at our hands which were still locked together.

I didn’t know what to do. It was like my brain had stopped working.

“K-Kyuhyun I… W-What took you s-so long?” I couldn’t stop the huge grin that took over my face as the words he’d just spoken sunk in. He felt like I did, he felt the same way, and after all this time, all this worrying about it all, he finally made my dream a reality!

His head snapped up so fast that I thought his neck would break. He looked me in the eyes to see any sign that I was kidding or making fun of him in any way before smiling back at me and saying “So… Does that mean that you… like me too?”

I rolled my eyes and pulled his face closer to mine, capturing his lips in a soft yet passionate kiss. Soon enough, I felt his tongue swipe along my bottom lip, asking for permission to enter my mouth and of course, I could do nothing but submit to his request. I didn’t put up a fight as I let him explore my mouth with his wet muscle, feeling what I had been wanting to feel for so long.

I was so sure that soon I would wake up and it would all be a dream, but it didn’t happen. Instead I got to bask in the glory of all that was Kyuhyun.

I felt him shift his position so that he was nestled between my legs, his hands slowly climbing up my back under my t-shirt, this fingers ghosting over my spine, leaving a trail of heat as they did, making me shiver with pure bliss.

My hands in turn, made their way into his hair, tugging on it lightly as a small moan escaped my lips, caused from him sensually on my tongue. Though the action did surprise me slightly, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t enjoy it.

This… This was what I’d been waiting for, for so long. And all I could say was that it was so much better than I’d ever imagined it would be.

All too soon, the need for air became overwhelming and we broke free from each other’s lips. Our hands still lingering on one another’s body, our chests still pressed together as we panted to get the air back into our systems. His hot breath gliding over my face, the faint sent of vanilla and mint on his breath, making the situation only that much more sweet.

I smiled shyly as our eyes connected, Kyuhyun too let his lips curl upwards into a smile I would only ever see when we were alone. My smile. The one he would only ever let me see.

Kyuhyun was the only person that could make me feel this way. Could make me feel so special. And I loved it. I loved everything about him. It was just perfect and right now I couldn’t ask for more.

“I’m pretty sure I know what you’re answer will be after that, but never the less, I need to ask anyway” he whispered seductively into my ear, snapping me out of my thoughts as a wave of intense pleasure ran through me at masculine and y his voice sounded “So, Lee Sungmin, will you be mine?”

“Ne” I breathed, and before long his lips were once more attached to mine.

Somehow, he’d managed to change our position so that I was now lying beneath him on the sofa. He was once more nestled between my legs.

One of my own legs was curled around his waist, pulling his body closer to mine, I didn’t want anything between us.

My fingers were once more locked in his hair, occasionally I would tug on it, causing a low moan to erupt from his throat, which spurred me on all the more.

So caught up in the moment I failed to notice that my phone was ringing, until Kyu pulled back and laughed slightly. Handing it to me as he let one of his hands run through his hair.

“Yoboseyo?” I answered, trying to keep my breathing steady.

“Sungmin hyung, can you tell Kyuhyun that he left his phone at my house please” Changmin’s voice  said from the other end of the line, “He dropped by this morning on the way to your place and forgot to pick it up when he left”

“Okay, I’ll tell him, why was he there anyway?” I asked, kind of curious.

“Oh, he borrowed a game from me the other day and was returning it. No need to be jealous or anything hyung.” I could practically sense the smirk on his face.

“Oh shut up. Bye Changmin”

“See ya hyung. Have fun playing with Kyu”  he said then added “Use protection!” before hanging up quickly.

Why that little!

“You left your phone at Changmin’s” I said when Kyuhyun threw me a questioning look.

“Aw crap. Can you text him and ask him to bring it over?” he asked, looking like a lost puppy.

This kid was too cute for his own good sometimes.

I just nodded and proceeded to do as he asked, you know, after texting Donghae to tell him all about how I totally had a boyfriend now!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, sorry this chapter was a little later than usual.

I've been really busy the past few days, but I hope this makes up for the wait ^.^

Ummmm... Comment and let me know what you think? And subscribe maybe? <3

Up-votes are always welcome too :D kekeke

Love you guys!

Until next time<3