Chapter 25

What is it about you?

 *Two weeks later*

(Sungmin POV)

“So… Are you two dating yet, or what?”  I asked as Donghae and I munched on junk food as we laid on my bed listening to music.

“Not yet, because he knows that I wanted the whole experience leading up to it too~ But I think he’s going to ask me soon” Donghae giggled.

I rolled my eyes slightly as I nodded along to the song that was playing.

“You two can be so stupid, and do you ever stop touching each other?!” I laughed incredulously.

“We don’t touch that much!” he said, throwing a gummy bear at me, “He’s just….”

“Clingy?” I offered

Donghae laughed, “No… But you know what I mean”

“Yeah, clingy. Seriously, he growled at me yesterday for touching you! Growled at me! Seriously! Who does that?!” I huffed… The guy seriously looked like he was going to bite me!

I mean he actually did the day after their little date… Yeah, that was a bad day…

 

*FLASHBACK*

“Sungmin!” I heard my name being called from behind me.

I turned to see Hyuk running up to me. I was in the supermarket, buying groceries for my Umma on a Saturday morning, so it was weird that he was here.

“Oh, hey Hyuk… What are you doing here?” I asked, with a sweet smile, which soon dropped when I realised he was glaring at me…

“Why would you follow me and Hae? On our FIRST date?! Seriously, Min!” he all but yelled. Much to my embarrassment. I didn’t know he’d seen us.

“I… I was just…”

“No! I don’t care what you were doing it for. It’s my life. You always do this” he glared.

“I… I didn’t mean to upset you I ju- woah… what are you… Hyuk? Wh-what are yo- OW!” Hyuk pulled back from his advance with a smug smirk on his face. I looked at him in disbelief. “Did you just BITE me?!”

“So what if I did?”

“Seriously, Hyuk?! You can’t just bite people”

“I think I just did though…” he shrugged.

“The hell?!”

“You could have ruined my date!”

“But I didn’t! You didn’t have to bite me!”

“But I did! I can’t believe you even though STALKING me was a good idea. What’s up, jealous were we?!” he raised an eyebrow.

“Oh come on, are you serious right now? In case you forgot, I’m dating Kyu! You know, my boyfriend that I happen to, oh yeah, LOVE?!” I snapped, “Why the hell would I be jealous?!”

“Oh please, you think I don’t know about that crush you had on me in ninth grade?!”

“Oh my god! Get over yourself! It was years ago and it was for like… a week, if that! I was just trying to convince myself that I liked you because I was confused!” I glared “So can you just shut up!”

“Why should I?! You of all people know how serious I am about Hae, and you could have ruined it all! Why are you so stupid?! I honestly don’t know what Kyu sees in you!”

I stopped just as I was about to respond… Did he really think that little of me? I thought Hyuk was my closest friend… clearly not..

“Oh . Min, I didn’t mean it like that, I swear!” he said, eyes wide, “It was just in the moment! Oh my god. I am so sorry…. I was just mad over the date thing, I didn’t mean it!”

I just shook my head slightly, fighting back the urge to tear up “Forget about it. I have to go”

I turned to walk away, but before I could he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a tight hug. “Min, I am really sorry. I shouldn’t have even yelled in the first place. I know you’re just looking out for me and him. I didn’t mean what I said. Of course I can see why Kyu loves you, you’re amazing and I’m lucky to be able to call you one of my two best friends. You’re my oldest friend too and the one I can always trust. Please forgive me”

I let out a sigh, knowing I wouldn’t be able to stay mad at him for long. “I hate you” I mumbled.

He pulled back and let out a huge smile, knowing he was forgiven.

“Come on, I will treat you to lunch, like I promised”

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I smiled as I thought back on it. I made sure to get the most expensive thing on the menu because, hey, what are friends for. Besides, he was a jerk and he owed me! Kekeke.

“Sungminnie~ Can we skype them now? Pleaaaaaaaaseeeee?” Donghae said, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes.

“Aish fine~” I said, pulling out my laptop and logging on.

Kyu was staying over at Hyuk’s house tonight, so we agreed that we’d skype them at some point in the night, though I got a bit carried away with listening to music so we left it until quite late – ie. Now, which happened to be 10pm, but it was a weekend so who cares?!

Donghae and I made ourselves comfortable, laying down on our fronts with the laptop in front of us.

I quickly logged on to skype and clicked on Hyuk’s name. I rolled my eyes at his name and description, which he’d changed yet again.

Handsome Hyukkie (y)

-Donghae, my own little Nemo, where are yooooou?~

 

I laughed as I looked around to see Donghae blushing. The kid really was too cute for his own good.

I swiftly clicked the call button and listened to the stupid beeping thing that played whilst I awaited an answer. Boop boop boop, boop bi boop boop~

Seriously, answer!!!

After what seemed like forever they FINALLY answered the dammed call.

“HAE!! My lovely fishy! I missed you!” Hyuk beamed as his face took over my screen. Only to be pulled back moments later by a smirking Kyu.

“He was just talking about you, Donghae Hyung. He was saying how you have a fine and he’d love to give it t-”

“ENOUGH KYU!” I cut him off, not wanting to hear anything else to do with that particular topic.

“It’s alright Min, that was his way of letting you know what he wants to do with you” Hyuk wiggled his eyebrows.

“You’re both as bad as each other” I scoffed.

“Minnie, I’m gonna call you, I need to talk to you about something. So go somewhere else in the house!” Kyu said getting up from Hyuk’s bed. “Hyuk, I’ll be in the bathroom”

Just as I saw Kyu walk away over the monitor, my phone began to ring.

“Hae, I’ll be right back” I smiled and walked out of the room.

 

(Donghae POV)

“So, I guess it’s just you and me~” Hyukjae smiled my favourite gummy smile

“I guess it is” I chuckled “Are you having fun with Kyu?”

He nodded slightly but sighed in annoyance. “Well, yeah. But all he wants to go is play starcraft and keeps whining when I don’t let him. But he is a good listener so it’s not all bad I suppose”

I chuckled after hearing a faint “I heard that” come from somewhere outside of Hyukkie’s room.

“What have you guys been doing?” I asked, grabbing a handful of gummy bears and shoving them into my mouth.

“Kyu was just telling me about how well he and Min are doing. It’s kind of cute really. I never see him like this other than when it’s about Min. He’s got Kyu wrapped around his little finger” he laughed, but smiled warmly as well. I could tell he was happy for them, just as I was.

“Oh gosh, I know. Sungmin is constantly smiling whenever he hears Kyuhyun’s name. It’s adorable. They’re so cute together” I giggled.

“Almost as cute as you and I are together” Hyukkie beamed and I couldn’t help but blush.

He’d been doing that a lot lately, making me blush like a love struck teenage girl. Well, other than the girl part I guess it was true, but still.

“Aigoo, stop that” I giggled, hiding my face in my hands.

“Yah, stop hiding your face! It’s true!” he laughed.

I rolled my eyes as I looked up at him.

Over the past couple of weeks, he and I had gone on a few dates, each one being better than the last. Honestly, it’s been a long time since I’ve been happy like this. He really is something else, and I can’t describe how much he means to me in words. It doesn’t matter now that we got off on the wrong foot, because in the end it only brought us closer and that’s what matters.

Obviously there have been bad days and good days. And I have a feeling that Sunday it’s going to be a bad day again. Because that’s the three month anniversary of my Appa’s death, but I know he’ll be here for me like he had been when I’m feeling down. I think that I’ll tell him what I told Sunny on that day too. We’re going to be going back to my old town to visit my Appa’s grave. And honestly, I’m glad that he’ll be there with me because I don’t think that I’d be able to face it on my own.

“Are you okay? You look upset. Hae, please don’t think about Sunday. Just be happy for now, okay? One day at a time” Hyuk said, noticing my distress. He always notices when something’s wrong with me, even if I try my best to hide it. Sometimes I feel like he can read my thoughts… It can be scary really, and a little intimidating too. But I suppose it’s nice to know that he understands me.

“I’m fine” I smiled, “Don’t worry so much, Hyukkie”

“How can I not worry about you? It goes against nature!” he nodded to himself, like a fool I might add.

“Okay. Bye baby Kyu~” Sungmin giggled as he walked back in the room. He smiled and placed his phone on the bedside table before joining me on the bed again.

“Sorry about that. Hae can we go now anyway, I wanna order food!” Sungmin whined, rolling around the bed.

“Sure sure, I’ll talk to you later Hyukkie, bye~” I gave him one last wave before ending the call and logging off of Sungmin’s laptop.

“Kaja!” he said with a huge grin, grabbing me by the wrist and dragging me off the bed and towards the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes but let myself be dragged none the less, you see what a good friend I am?!

We found a random menu and ordered something for the both of us, before making our way into the living room to wait for it to arrive.

“So, what were you talking to Kyu about?” I asked Kyu as he flicked to a channel where a random movie was playing.

“Oh you know, this and that” he shrugged, with a small smile.

“Minnie~~~~ Tell me~~~~” I cooed, throwing him my best puppy dog look.

“Aish, he was just asking me if he could sleep over tomorrow because he misses me…” he said, blushing slightly.

“And…” I prompted.

“And… you know what… I don’t have to tell you!”

“Oh come on!!!”

“No!”

“Please!!!”

“I said no!”

“Minnie~ pretty please”

“N-No… Hae, get off of me! Yah! Did you just me?!”

I smirked “Maybe I did, maybe I didn’t~ and if you don’t tell me then I’ll just you again!” I threatened evilly~

“Aish! Fine! He said that he misses my k-kisses and m-my… Aish why do you even want to know?” he huffed, as his cheeks flushed a deeper shade of red.

“Because, I do. Why are you blushing so much?” I grinned

“Yah, you look like a ert, shut up!” he glared.

“Just tell meeeeeeeee”

“HE SAID HE MISSES MY SHISHY , AND THAT HE CAN’T WAIT TO GET AHOLD OF WHAT’S RIGHTFULLY HIS AGAIN! HAPPY NOW?!” he yelled, shocking me slightly.

I was taken aback slightly before what he said sank in…. and I burst into a fit of laughter. Seriously, out of the four of us, Kyu was meant to be the maknae and yet he somehow managed to be the most erted.

“Yah, shut up! As if Hyuk is any better!” Sungmin glared, but honestly, it just made me laugh even more.

“Thanks Sungminnie” I giggled once I’d calmed down a little, “I needed that”

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, clearly confused but I just shook my head, saying that it doesn’t matter.

Soon enough, the food arrived and we ate our late dinner whilst watching ‘The Sixth Sense’ - which by the way is an AMAZING film. Seriously, it may be old, but my god is it awesome. There were a couple of gross parts, but above all the film is great. Besides, it’s got a cool twist too, which I got quite quickly but Sungmin finally clicked on when the ring fell. It’s really clever.

“That was seriously amazing, like, why have I not seen that before?! I mean the bit with the hole in his head and oh my, it was so nasty (Oh you so nasty) and everything but it was so cool! Don’t you think?!” I raved about the movie, turning to beam at Sungmin, only to find that he’d fallen asleep.

A warm smile crept over my face as I shook my head. I quietly turned off the TV and DVD player and cleared the living room before picking him up and carrying him to his room.

I carefully tucked him into bed before turning off the lights and crawling in beside him. Just as I was about to let my eyes close, I heard my phone vibrate from beside me.

1 new message.

I smiled to myself, already knowing who it would be from as I opened it.

 

To: Donghae

From: Hyukkie<3

‘My Baby Hae~ Sorry if this woke you, I just remembered that I forgot to say goodnight~ I hope you sleep well and have lots of good dreams about me! ^o^ Love you<3’

 

A smile took over my face as I clicked to reply~

 

To: Hyukkie<3

From: Donghae

‘Aigoo~ You’re so cheesy! I will, don’t worry. I miss you already, my Hyukkie~ Love you too<3’

 

To: Donghae

From: Hyukkie<3

‘Yah, wae aren’t you asleep yet?! It’s late!<3’

 

To: Hyukkie<3

From: Donghae

‘Wae aren’t you? Babo!’

 

To: Donghae

From: Hyukkie<3

‘I missed my fishy too much! I’ll sleep well now~ Goonight!!<3<3 xx’

 

To: Hyukkie<3

From: Donghae

‘Goodnight baby~ <3<3 xxx’

 

And with that, I drifted off to sleep with a smile etched on my face.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: HAI HAI HAI!!!!<3

Okay, so.... what did you think? I skipped forward a little~

Comment and let me know what ya thought~ and don't forget to sub<3 up-votes are always welcome too kekeke

The next chapter won't be up until next week I'm afraid because I'm going to be out of town visiting family.

BUUUUUT in the mean time, I started a new chapter fic, it's EXO -main pairing is HunHan, but others will be included~
Please check it out, It would mean a lot and I really hope you like it! >>
HERE<< is the link

Much love guise!! ^o^

Until next time<3