Final

What is it about you?

*Saturday*

(Donghae POV)

I woke up to the shrill ringing of my phone. Groaning I reached over and clicked the answer button without checking who it was and pressing the phone to my ear.

“Yeah?” I murmured sleepily into the device.

Lee Donghae, is that any way to answer the phone? And to your hyung, no less” I heard Sungmin say teasingly from the other end of the line.

“Min, what time is it?” I sighed, refusing to open my eyes.

“It’s 6am” he answered as though that was a reasonable hour to wake me up!

“What?! For the love of god, why are you calling me this early?!” I half yelled down the phone, earning me a ‘Shut the hell up hyung!’ from Chanyeol

“In case your stupid forgot, it’s Hyuk’s birthday and we have to get everything ready. I got all the decorations and stuff yesterday, so I’ll be over your place in an hour so we can set up. Then once that’s done we need to go and buy food and re-check that everyone is still able to make it. They need to be there for seven, okay? Okay. See you soon!” he said, not even giving me a chance to answer before he ended the call.

It was going to be a long day.

Tossing my phone on my bedside table, I rubbed my eyes as I sat up. I couldn’t help but laugh a little when I saw the disarray that Chanyeol was in on the futon. The kid needs help, kekeke.

“Yeol!” I said, kicking him in the side as I did, “Yeol come on, we need to get up. Sungmin is going to be here in an hour”

He let out a long groan, “Hyung, come on, just five more minutes!” he whined.

“No, now! Otherwise I will get that bowl and pour freezing water all over your head. And if that fails, I’ll put ice down your pants too!” I threatened, granted it wasn’t the best threat ever, but I couldn’t think well, I mean come on, SIX IN THE MORNING, who can function right so early?!

“Fine” he whined, shifting into a semi-sitting position, “I’m up. And hungry, hyung can you make me some food?”

“You’re so annoying” I rolled my eyes “Alright come on then, we need to hurry though because we still have to shower and get ready”

He smiled brightly – like he always did when I mentioned food – and quickly got up to follow me down the stairs.

We quickly ate and got ready just in time to hear the door knock, and of course it was Sungmin.

As soon as I opened the door he made his way in, hands full of overflowing bags. He didn’t say a words, he just shoved half of them and Chanyeol and I before ushering us around the house and starting to transform it into some kind of party land.

Boy, I hope my Umma wouldn’t be mad, not even I expected Sungmin to go this over the top… But then again, I really should have seen it coming… I suppose it was inevitable.

***

“Okay, put those streamers over there Chanyeol – no there – and Hae, what did I say before! The balloons need to go in pairs or threes and then get placed next to the banners!” Sungmin half yelled at us as he set up the table for presents to go on later.

“If you don’t like it, do it yourself!” I snapped back, shooting him a glare.

“At this rate I’ll bloody well have to!” Min glared back. I rolled my eyes and continued on with what I was doing.

Honestly, it was actually pretty fun setting up the house, I mean, I don’t think there was a part of it that wasn’t all done up, but it made me happy to think about Hyukjae’s reaction when he sees it. I really hoped he’d like it.

It wasn’t long before we were finished and Sungmin and I went to the market to get food and drinks – and I’d somehow let Kyuhyun convince me to get alcohol, which we could only get because Sungmin ‘knew a guy’ and honestly, I didn’t even want to know – whilst Chanyeol stayed back and called all the party goers to make sure that they were still able to come and remind them to be there at seven because Hyukkie would be coming at half past and we all needed to hide.

“Ooo, should we get this?” Sungmin asked as he looked over some kind of dessert. Making me laugh at how much of a kid he could be.

“No get the strawberry one” I smiled before wondering off to find actual party food, and because I am one amazing person I happened to come across a party platter, and because I’m too lazy to look for anything else, that was what we got.

Once we were done with shopping we headed back to my house where we only had two hours left until everyone would be there, because Sungmin and I may or may not have stopped on the way back to get ice-cream and lost track of time.

“Is everyone going to make it” I asked when we entered the kitchen to see Chanyeol and the pretty boy I’d seen the picture of, Yeol’s boyfriend, Baekhyun; apparently he’d arrived whilst we were out.

“Pretty much, although some guy called Zico said that he couldn’t make it as well as some other kid I forgot the name of” Chanyeol informed as he looked through the bags that Sungmin and I had placed on the counter top. “Oh and this is Baekhyun, Baek, this is my cousin Donghae and his friend Sungmin”

“Nice to meet you” Baekhyun smiled cutely, with a short little bow. Nice to know the kid is polite.

“You too” Sungmin beamed, why did he like meeting new people so much? I should really just stop asking questions when it comes to Min, I mean he is dating the son of the devil willingly, so yeah… Not that I don’t love Kyu, but you have to admit, the kid is evil in human form, lovable, but evil none the less.

“Alright, that’s fine. Nice to meet you too Baekhyun-ah.  Now for the fun part” I sighed “We have two hours until people start arriving so let’s get this done, and fast”

“Yes sir!” the three of them

We quickly cooked and set up the food with Chanyeol and his boyfriend’s help before we all ran upstairs and fought over the bathroom as we rushed to get ready.

We were downstairs again, double checking everything once we were ready, and just in the nick of time too because 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang and everyone started to pile into my house.

The first there, was Leeteuk and Kangin – who looked sheepish as he smiled at Sungmin, mouthing a ‘sorry’ – then came Yesung – some weird senior kid that was friends with Teukkie, Ryeowook, Henry, Shindong, Minho, Changmin, Jaejoong, Yunho, Junsu – who was complaining to Jaejoong that Principal Park should have been invited so that he wouldn’t have looked like so much of a loner (at which point Changmin pointed out that Mr. Park would have been arrested if anyone found out), Zhoumi – a friend of Kyu and Hyukkie’s, Siwon, Kibum, Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, Jinki – who had a strange love for chicken, Heechul – who was oddly fond of me but scared the crap out of me, Heechul’s boyfriend Hangeng, Sunny, Jessica, Luna, Amber, Sulli, Victoria, Taeyeon, and like a thousand other people that I couldn’t even remember the names of.

They placed all the presents on the table, although it soon became overflowed and many were placed on the floor beside it as a result.

Soon enough everyone was chatting away and praising us for how the house looked at what not, and then it came time for all of us to hide.

All of the lights were switched off as everyone found a place to hide. And then the door clicked open.

“So, you wouldn’t let me call Hae all day because you feel like I’m neglecting you and then you bring me to his house so that we can have a movie night with him and Min?” I heard Hyukkie’s voice say in disbelief, “Why are we friends again Cho Kyuhyun?”

Three…. Two… One…

The lights were flicked on by who I assumed was Kyuhyun.

“SURPRISE!!!!” everyone yelled loudly as they jumped out from where they were hiding.

“Happy birthday, Hyukkie!” I beamed as I ran over to him and pulled him into a hug.

He gasped lightly before hugging me back tighter than ever, “You did all this?” he asked, in a whisper as the music and everyone gets into the partying spirit.

“Well, it was a joint effort, Sungmin and I did all this, with the help of Yeollie and Kyu kept you busy for the day” I smiled as I pulled back enough to let my forehead rest against his, one of my hands was now resting in his hair whilst the other was on his neck. His in turn were wrapped tightly around my waist. “But it was my idea, yeah”

“Thank you, Hae, really, thank you” he smiled before leaning in and capturing my lips in a soft, yet passionate kiss. I would have said that he was welcome or not to mention it, but I was kind distracted by the wonderful things he was doing to my mouth with his tongue.

I wouldn’t have minded staying like that for the entire party, but of course, things never go the way that I want them to and Kyu thought that would be the perfect time to interrupt.

“I hate to have to break you apart” Kyu snickered, “But this is a party and other people would like to talk to the birthday boy”

Reluctantly, I pulled away from Hyukkie and gave him a small smile “Go on, go mingle, I’ll just catch you later”

“But Hae-Hae~~~~ I don’t want to! I want to stay with you” he whined, making me laugh and roll my eyes.

“Just go play you big baby!” I chuckled, pushing him towards the guests.

“But I’m your big baby” he teased before skipping off to talk to other people.

I smiled contently as I watched him go off and enjoy himself, because it meant that the party was succeeding thus far. As long as there was a genuine smile on his face, then I could say that I was happy, because as cliché as it sounds, his emotions would always be reflected in me.

***

Needless to say, the alcohol went down… well? Okay, so there were three types of people here right now. The oh-my-god-how-much-did-they-drink-so-much-that-they-need-help-standing people, the we-drank-but-not-so-much-that-we’re-dying-only-slightly-tipsy people and then the people like me, the sober, yet still drinking people.

But as long as people were happy and not throwing up or having anywhere in my house, I was fine with it.

“You know” Kyuhyun slurred as he wrapped his arms around Sungmin, effectively groping the older boys , “You’re lookin’ damn fine in those jeans baby. Maybe I should get you outta them, waddya say, huh?”

“Kyu, seriously?! Who let you drink?! I let you out of my sight for like, what, five minutes?! Are you freaking kidding me?!” Sungmin huffs, obviously not impressed, whilst prying Kyu’s hands off of his .

“Hey now, don’ be upset aaayy~ Ahaa, it was jusht Heechul hyung. He said it wasn’t a strong one, so shhh, and lemme kiss you, you y lady boy, you” Kyu giggled, so unlike himself.

“YAH! KIM HEECHUL!” Sungmin yells loudly before storming off to find said person. Leaving Kyu standing there baffled for a second, before he shrugs and makes his way to the dance floor. And dear god, if this night taught me anything, it’s that Kyu cannot dance to save his life…

I roll my eyes lazily before walking into the kitchen to get myself another drink, only to find that Junsu is lying across the floor on his front, singing ‘my heart will go on’ from that film… Titanic… Okay, well, Mr Park must be very patient, that’s for sure…

“Erm… Junsu-ah? Are you okay?” I asked unsurely

He rolled over slightly to look at me, “Oh I am juuuuuust fine! But… I miss my Chunnie!” he grumbled before resuming his position and singing again.

Well, I suppose it could have been worse. I shrugged as I stepped over his body and got myself another drink – this time it was vodka and orange, courtesy of Shindong – before waltzing back into the living room to see if I could find Hyukkie.

A smile took over my face as I see him standing by the living room wall, watching Kyuhyun try to dance whilst laughing hard. Then he spotted me standing here and walked over, trying to calm himself down in the process.

“Hae, I feel like I’ve not seen you through the whole party” he pouted, looking up at me with a kicked puppy expression, and I know that I shouldn’t have but I laughed.

“Well, you were having fun, right?” I asked and he nodded, “I didn’t want to spoil that”

“You could never spoil my fun” he smiled “You’re the reason I smile and have fun to begin with”

“How drunk are you?” I laughed, as he pulled me into a hug and span me around in a circle.

He looked as though he were thinking before grinning and answering with “Drunk enough to be thinking about you in very, very naughty ways, sober enough to know that you’re the best thing that has ever happened to me”

Even though the comment made me chuckle, I couldn’t stop the deep blush that took over my face.

I lightly punched his chest as he tightened his hold on me, shaking my head as I glared playfully at him “You’re such a ert” I rolled my eyes, “But you’re a lovable ert”

“And I’m your ert” he beamed.

“Mine?”

“Yup” he smiled before placing a gentle kiss on my unsuspecting lips.

I had to admit, that I was flailing like a fangirl on the inside, because he’d basically said that he was mine, so that made this whole getting him to be by boyfriend thing a whole lot easier, because now I was fairly certain his answer was going to be yes.

Before long, he deepened the kiss, sending tingles throughout my entire body, making me feel like I was swimming in a sea of ecstasy.

“H-Hyukkie?” I half moaned as his lips attached themselves to my neck, leaving gentle kisses and the occasional nibble.

“Mm?” he hummed, sending a pulse of pleasure, reverberating through my body.

“D-Do you want t-to maybe g-go to my r – ” my awkward sentence was cut short when someone – I think it was Sungmin but I can’t be certain being as I was a little preoccupied – decided now would be a good time to yell;

“TIME FOR PRESENTS!!”

I heard Hyukjae groan as he pulled away from me and grabbed my hand, dragging me over to the present’s table.

I have to say though, I was surprised at how fast he managed to go through all of the presents and thank everyone for their gifts, I mean seriously, it was freaking impressive! Either he likes presents, or he wanted to know how my sentence was going to end… or both, it could have been both. I think it was more than likely both… yeah, both… god, I should stop thinking about the word both now… it’s starting to sound a little weird.

I smiled as he opened my present – which was the one he saved for last – when everyone had scattered again after saying lots of ‘happy birthday’s.

Finally he made his way back over to me and pulled my into him again. Carefully, he moved us until my back was pressed firmly against the wall, whilst Hyukkie was pressed against me, pressing feather light kisses against my neck.

“What were you saying before?” he asked airily as his tongue trailed along my skin.

“I w-was, nghh, saying t-that we should go c-continue this in m-my, ah, r-ro– ”

I was cut off once again with the lights turning out and someone walking through with a cake in their hand, eighteen candles neatly atop of it, and everyone springing into a chorus of ‘Happy Birthday’

I could not catch a break!

But then again, I couldn’t really pull him away from his own party… Or could I…? No! No I couldn’t.

After a ten minute battle with myself, I noticed that everyone was back to doing their own thing, albeit a lot more calmly now that the party was nearing it’s end. I can’t say I was surprised by the amount of people sitting around and making out – though that didn’t mean I was happy about it either – or grinding against one another to the music that filled the house. Some people had already left,  some were in the midst of leaving, though it was clear that some had the intention of staying the night – I didn’t mind that, as long as they stayed down stairs and away from my bedroom.

Hyukjae made his way to me for the third time, a determined look on his face now as he pushed me into the wall once more and continued what he was so rudely pulled away from before.

“Now, hopefully I’ll be able to hear the end of your sentence this time” he growled against my neck before moving to my collar bone, “Third time’s the charm, right?”

“R-Right” I said as I bit back a moan, “I was s-saying we should g-g-go up to my room”

“I like the way you think” he said, pulling back to look me in the eye with a smirk on his lips “Let’s go”

With that, he took a hold of my hand and practically dragged me up the stairs and to my room, where it was a lot quieter than down on the ground floor. I would have objected to being pulled, but honestly, I knew I wanted this just as badly as he did.

As soon as we were in my room, the door was closed and locked, who was the one to do it, I don’t even remember, all I know is that it was.

As soon as that little click was hear, all thoughts went away and it was only the two of us there in that room. His lips met mine in such a needy, wanton way that I just couldn’t deny.

My hands fumbled with the buttons of his shirt, wanting it desperately to just evaporate into thin air. Soon enough it was somewhere on the floor, where it was I didn’t care, and it was too dark to tell anyway.

It was all a blur after that, whose clothes hit the floor first with a silent thump I don’t quite know, but the next thing I knew, we were both on my bed, Hyukjae nestled between my legs, his form pressing against mine.

Kisses became more desperate, and voices became more needy as the night went on, and that was that.

***

I lay there, my head resting against Hyukjae’s bare chest, listening as the sound of his beating heart filled the otherwise silent room.

Both of us were covered in a glistening layer of sweat, the sheets were dirtied, but neither of us made an effort to move, basking in the other’s presence.

And then Hyukjae spoke;

“Hae?” He said in a soft whisper

“Yes?” I said back in an equally quiet voice, not wanting to disturb the peace.

“Will you be my boyfriend?”

“I thought you’d never ask” I smiled into the darkness.

“Is that a yes?”

“Yes”

“Good” He said, and I could hear the smile in his voice, “Because I love you, my little fishy”

“I love you too, Hyukkie”

“Hae?”

“Yes?”

“I hope you know that I’ll never leave you. Not ever”

“I believe you”

“There’s just something that I don’t know… That I don’t even know if I want to know the answer to, heck, maybe there isn’t one…” He mused out of the blue…

“What?”

He took in a deep breath before saying with a soft, sleep filled voice, “What is it about you Lee Donghae? What is it about you?”

 

 

 

FIN.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Yes, I am sad to say that this is the end T^T

But don't be too sad, 'cause I'm writing another fic (it's HunHan but the other EXO pairing are in there too) Here is the link

Love you guys! You've been the best readers EVER!!!!<3<3<3

Until we meet again<3