Chapter 11

What is it about you?

(Donghae POV)

The day went by faster than I thought it was, and Hyukjae stayed true to his word and left me alone like I asked, and for that I was pleased. I didn’t like being angry with him. I didn’t like feeling sad because of him. And I wanted nothing more than to just pretend like it all never happened and go back to being normal with him again. But it was hard. It was hard to just forgive and forget because it was something that really hit home. And moreover, it was him that had done it. I’m not sure why the fact it was him made it all the worse, but it did and I couldn’t rid myself of that painful feeling that hung around my heart when  thought about it all.

As promised, I waited by my locker for Hyukjae after school. Watching as all the students made their way out of the building to where ever it was they were going. Some of them were in groups of friends, some were with their lover, others were alone as they silently walked out. Some looking happy, others looking content, some looking miserable. But they went on their way, just like the others.

“Donghae? Way aren’t you leaving?”

I turned to see Sungmin looking at me with a raised brow, Kyuhyun at his side, they stood there hand in hand, looking as they did every other day, only now there was a certain glow of happiness about them, I couldn’t help but smile at that. They were honestly perfect for one another and anyone with half a brain could see it.

“Waiting for Hyukjae” I said simply. No more needed to be said on the matter, for they seemed to understand what it was all about. No doubt Kyuhyun gave Sungmin a small idea about what was going on without actually giving him too many details.

Just as Kyuhyun was about to respond, Changmin walked up to him and threw an arm around his shoulder, grinning as he did.

“What do you want Changmin-ah?” Kyuhyun asked, glaring at him slightly.

“What? Can’t I come and say hey to my best buddy?” Changmin asked, smirking slightly.

“You can. But there is always something behind it so spill” Kyuhyun said, glaring a little more.

“Well my lovely hyung, I thought it was about time we hand the talk~” Changmin grinned again, wider than I thought possible.

“The talk? What are you… Oh dear lord! Sungminnie, let’s go. Bye Hae hyung! See you tomorrow!” He called over his shoulder as he dragged Sungmin away, both of them bright red, leaving me standing there with Changmin.

“I don’t know who’s worse. You or Kyuhyun” I laughed, looking up at Changmin.

“Aww come on hyung, you know I’m nice really” he chuckled.

“Changminnie, you know you’re only nice when you want something OR if someone makes you food” I rolled my eyes.

“Speaking of which… I’m hungry” Changmin frowned then smiled again before saying “I’m gonna go, I’ll see you tomorrow Donghae hyung!” he gave me a quick pat on the shoulder before running off. No doubt to try and catch up with Kyuhyun and give him ‘the talk’.

I stood there for another couple of minutes until the halls were practically empty, waiting for the monkey. Finally, he decided to show up, looking a little short of breath.

“Sorry I took so long, I had to find Teukkie hyung and give him something” he panted slightly, leaning against my locker.

“Mhmm” I hummed in acknowledgement.

He sighed slightly and slid down the lockers to sit on the floor. I sighed before taking a seat next to him, looking at him expectantly. I had to admit, I was curious as to hear what he had to say.

“Okay… So I’ve been thinking about what I wanted to say to you all day, hell, since I last saw you, but I still don’t really know where to start or how to word this” he said after a long minute. We were truly alone now, sitting in the abandoned hall way, just the two of us, suffocating in the silence that fell upon us. It was rather eerie, but right now I didn’t have time to dwell on the creepiness of being alone in a huge school.

“Well, whatever you’re going to say… I’m here to listen.” I said after a little while, not really sure on what else there was to say.

“Donghae. Hae, I…” he took a deep breath and turned to face me slightly. “I know there isn’t much I can do or say to make up for what an I was, but I really want you to know that I didn’t mean any of it. I was angry and confused and I didn’t know what the hell I was thinking and I have never regretted something so much in my life. I am so, so sorry and if I could I would go back and undo what I said and treat you have you’re meant to be treated.

 “I do this thing where, when I’m overwhelmed my mouth acts before my brain has a chance to think and I know it isn’t an excuse but please believe me when I say that nothing I said that day was true. I took my confusion out on you and that was wrong of me. I tend to lash out on people close to me when I get scared and that’s what I did.” He was now on his knees, sitting in front on me, his hands holding onto mine as I leaned back against the lockers. My knees were bent and pulled up towards my chest, but my legs were open slightly and he took the advantage to move between them a little, to get close to me.

“Why? Why were you confused or scared or angry or whatever it was you were feeling?” I asked, trying to make my voice sound strong, yet it came out only just above a whisper.

“Because of you” he sighed, leaning forward slightly to rest his forehead against mine. “Because you make me act weird, you just… Ah, forget it. I feel like you don’t want to be close to me and it frustrates me for some reason. When I’m around you it’s like I’m always on edge and I don’t know how to stay calm. Then you get close to my friends and I get annoyed and I jealous and I don’t know why. You frustrate me so much, Hae, d’you know that?”

I took in a sharp breath, not really sure how to respond to the words he was saying, he was making no sense and I didn’t understand what he was getting at. Where was he going with this?

“I…” what could I say? Here he was, supposed to be giving me a simple apology and then we could go back to normal and forget that it all happened. But he had to go and complicate it all, he had to go and confuse me all the more. “I don’t understand…” I whispered, deciding to be honest.

“Neither do I” he sighed.

I closed my eyes and let out a breath that I didn’t realise I was holding. I could feel Hyukjae’s warm breath dancing over my face, making my skin tingle. A sensation that only confused me all the more. Just as I was about to open my eyes, I felt something soft press against my lips.

My eyes widened in shock as I realised that it was another set of lips that were pressed against my own. More than that, I realised who they belonged to. Hyukjae.

After what felt like the longest minute in my life, his lips began to move against mine and with that, all reason went out the window. I wanted to protest, to push him away, to ask why he had done it, but my body wouldn’t let me. Instead it gave in and my lips began to mould themselves around his and move together with them.

I felt his hands on my knees, they slowly began to move up my thighs, stopping when they reached my waist, under my shirt slightly so that his warm fingers lingered on my skin, making my flesh burn at the feather light touch. He slowly began to trace patterns on my skin with one hand whilst the other kept a firm grip on my hip. In turn, my hands went up and encircled his neck, my brain wasn’t working with me anymore and all I wanted to do was to continue feeding this burning desire that seemed to awaken from within me at his touch.

It startled me a little when I felt something wet drift along my bottom lip, but it didn’t take me long to regain my composure and play along. Suddenly I felt daring and decided to play with him a little. We were too far gone now to simply stop anyway.

I knew he wanted access to my mouth, but I wasn’t just about to give in. I wanted him to work for it. And he seemed to get the message pretty fast because the next thing I knew, I felt him nibbling on my lower lip, making an unexpected moan escape my throat. Had I been fully aware of what was going on I would have blushed with embarrassment, but in the moment I just couldn’t seem to care.

Eventually I gave in and opened my mouth slightly. Letting him in and right away I felt his tongue begin to poke at my own. I was unsure of what to do, I’d never kissed anyone before but I just went with the flow and tried my best to mimic his actions. In the end, he overpowered me and took the chance to explore my mouth, making me moan lowly again, and as I did, I could feel him smile into the kiss.

At this point my hands were tangled in his hair, tugging on it slightly as my lungs began to burn due to the lack of oxygen in my system. It was my body telling me I needed to breathe, but I didn’t want to part from this feeling that ran through me because of this boy’s touch.

All too soon, I felt him pull away. His hands were still gripping my hips, my hands were now loosely holding his shoulders as we both panted heavily, catching our breaths.

He opened his eyes slightly and looked at me.

It all happened so fast then. His face went from content to surprised, to shocked, to annoyed, to disgusted, to just plain angry.

“H-Hyukjae?” I whispered, but it seemed that was the wrong move, only aggravating him more.

He quickly pushed away from me, so that he was sitting in the middle of the floor, “What did you… How… YAH!” he yelled, making me flinch in fear.

He was back. The boy I met on that first day. The boy that I thought had disappeared, the one that hated me with a passion. He was right there in front of me again.

“I…”

“I’m not gay!” He yelled, standing up from the ground quickly, looking down at me “So just… Just stay the hell away from me!”

I was sat there on the floor, looking up at him, confusion flowing through me like a river. But then it occurred to me that he was the one that started all of this.

“I… I never said you were. And I didn’t say I was either!” I suddenly felt angry. How dare he yell at me?! He was the one that advanced on me. He was the one that had just stolen my first kiss and acting as though it meant nothing to him. So why the hell was I being accused of things? “In case you hadn’t noticed, I never asked you to be my friend! You’ve been following me!”

“I… Just… URGH! I don’t know what it is with you!” he yelled, tugging at his hair in frustration.

My voice calmed slightly, only slightly as I responded. “What is your problem anyway? You’ve been acting so weird! You’re seriously messing with my head!” I sighed and picked myself up of this ground, dusting myself off as I did.

He walked forward and laughed bitterly, “I’ve been messing with your head? You really don’t have any idea, the problems you cause, do you?”

We were face to face now. Our noses almost touching because of how close we were.

I didn’t know what was happening. I was angry. I was confused. But above all of that, I was hurt. He had done it again. He had basically ripped my heart out of my chest without realising it. And I knew again that had it been anyone else saying these words, I would have hit them or yelled or gotten angry, I would have at least done something. But it wasn’t someone else, it was him and because it was him, I had no will power left. I just wanted to curl up in a ball and wallow in self-pity for a little while.

“Y-You… I…I cause problems?” I asked, no longer being able to hold back the tears that pushed their way to the surface and now flowed freely down my face. “I… I’m sorry H-Hyukjae. I’ll just leave you alone. That way I can’t make you hate me more than you do already”

With that I picked up my bag from the floor and walked away. Not being able to stand being there any longer.

As I walked away from him and what had just happened I couldn’t stop the sobs that tore out of me.

I pulled out my phone and quickly dialled a number I knew I would get no answer from, but I did it just to hear his voice from when the answerphone message played.

“Hello, I can’t make it to the phone right now, but if it’s important, leave a message and I’ll try to get back to you as quickly as I can. Enjoy the rest of your day~” my Appa’s voice said happily into my ear, making the tears fall harder.

Why can’t you be here Appa? To help me understand why my heart feels so heavy right now because of that boy. I need you.

I don’t know how long it took me, but when I finally reached a door, it wasn’t my own. What brought me here, I don’t really know. But I didn’t know where else I could go.

Slowly I raised my hand and knocked on the door.

After a few moments it opened up to Sungmin’s face, Kyuhyun was standing behind him. As soon as they saw me derailed appearance, their faces fell. And something told me they had an idea why I was like this.

Without so much as a word, Sungmin pulled me into the house and he and Kyuhyun lead me to Sungmin’s overly pink room.

Sitting down on the bed, Sungmin pulled my head into his lap and made me lay down. He began to softly my hair as Kyuhyun sat by his feet and started to sing in his angelic voice. Before long, my eyes felt heavy and I drifted off into blackness.

 

(Hyukjae POV)

I watched as he walked away, feeling nothing but guilt. This was all my fault. I’d come here to apologise, to make everything right between us again but I’d only made it worse.

I sighed and followed off in the same direction as he’d gone. I could still hear his sobs echoing though out the halls.

What have I done?

My heart ached. I wanted nothing more than to just hold him in my arms and tell him I was sorry, that I didn’t mean any of it. But I was so confused. He was messing with my thoughts. I couldn’t like a guy… No. I’m straight. I had the girlfriend to prove it. A girlfriend that I conveniently forgot about every time I was with Hae. A girlfriend that I realise I had just cheated on. And now that made me no better than her.

I needed to forget about him and rid myself of these feelings. I didn’t like him like that. I couldn’t. I liked girls. I always had. But then why did I kiss him?! In the moment, he was there and he looked so… so god damn cute and pure and innocent with his eyes closed as though he were sleeping or just trying to block things out and I couldn’t stop myself.

And then that feeling that took over my when I felt him kiss me back… it was like nothing I’d ever felt before. When I kissed Jess, it was just a kiss, I didn’t feel anything behind it. But when I’d kissed Hae… it was like something had awoken inside of me and just took over.  And I wanted that feeling again. When he touched me it was like my skin was ignited and burned and I knew it should have felt bad but it didn’t, it felt so damn good and left me wanting more. I wanted to burn under his touch.

But there was still that part of me that couldn’t deal with this. It was all happening too fast. It was all too knew. Too soon. Too frightening.

Lee Donghae. What are you doing to me?

I sighed as I walked into my house. Surprised to see that my Appa was home when I walked into the kitchen.

He didn’t look good. He looked as though he was going to burst into tears.

I quickly ran over to him and pulled him into a hug.

“Appa, what’s wrong? What is it?” I asked frantically, forgetting the battle I was having with myself for a moment.

“It’s your Umma. She’s had an accident and is in the hospital” he whispered.

 

(Kyuhyun POV)

“How is he?” I asked as Sungmin made his way into the living room.

“He’s sleeping still. But he keeps whimpering and crying. It’s heart breaking to look at” he sighed, coming to take a seat on my lap.

I wrapped my arms around his waist as he relaxed into me, his head resting on my shoulder, one of his hands on the other.

“Do you know what made him like this?” I asked again, though I had a pretty good guess why.

“Ani. But I just know it has something to do with Hyuk. Did you see Donghae’s lips? They were all swollen. You don’t think they did something, do you? Like something they’ll regret?” he asked, biting him lip worriedly.

“Aniyo. I know Hae wouldn’t do something like that. I guess that they had a fight..” I sighed, “When will they realise their feelings for one another?”

“I think Donghae has realised now. But it won’t do any good if Hyuk doesn’t realise.” Min sighed to before we both fell into a comfortable silence.

I don’t know how long we were sat there, but the sadness that had taken over all of our lives recently was too much to handle.

“Hey, Minnie?” I said, breaking the quiet.

He hummed in response, waiting for me to continue.

“I love you” I said, pressing my lips to the top of his head.

I saw him smile slightly before responding with “I love you too Kyuhyunnie. I love you too”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well, I truly am an evil author~ kekeke.
I gave you a EunHae kiss and then made it all angsty and dramatic again~
Moo Haha~
Right, but I do hope you liked the chapter and please let me know what you though.
I even added a little KyuMin into this chapter to make up for the sad EunHae-ness.
And some happy Changminnie~
Right... Well, I'll leave it at that 'cause I doubt you guys want to listen(or read whatever) to my rambling on for any longer.

Love you guys~
Until next time<3