Chapter Nine

L for Luck, L for Lies

 

Eunchae held up a pair of filthy white socks in Sungyeol's face.
 
"If being dirty is literally your goal in life, then you, my brother, are just one dirty and nasty ," Eunchae cringed at the socks while Sungyeol took it away and threw it somewhere else.
 
"Anyways, I'm going jogging. You...wanna come?" Eunchae tied up her hair into a ponytail. Sungyeol stood up and rushed into the store room and took out a box. 
 
"This is for you. The dude that took care of you came by earlier to give you this," he handed it over to Eunchae while she just stood there with her jaw dropped rock bottom to find a brand new pair of woman's running shoes.
 
"He..... came.....here.....?" Eunchae asked while fiddling with the shoelaces. It was a very nice pair of baby blue running shoes. 
 
Flashback
 
Eunchae stood outside Myungsoo's closet and looked at his shoe collection and sighed to herself.
 
"A woman can never have too many shoes. The same goes for a man. Especially if he is a black freak," She muttered and picked up the rags.
 
"Well, don't you have any shoe collection?" Myungsoo smirked while brushing the dust off the curtains. Eunchae jumped back and patted her chest.
 
"You scared me!!" She turned red. Myungsoo chuckled to himself.
 
"No.. I don't have any shoes, I think.. I mean, when you found me unconscious that day, I was wearing very old and tattered clothes... Maybe I was poor.." Eunchae muttered. Myungsoo kept quiet.
 
End of Flashback
 
"Yeah, he stopped by. I don't even know he knew our address.." Sungyeol shrugged. 
 
"Okay. Thanks anyway. You sure you don't want to come along?" She asked. Sungyeol shook his head and politely declined.
 
"You need sometime alone," he said while walking into his room.
 
Eunchae shrugged and slipped into a pair of shorts, a tank top and her brand new shoes. She went out and jogged to the park. She jogged for a while until she stopped and rested at the bench.
 
*Now that I'm jobless, what am I supposed to do... I can't depend on that idiot Woohyun..* She thought to herself.
 
*Wonder how's Myungsoo.. Thanks to those bunch of brats, I'm probably not going to see him ever again.. Oh well*
 
"Oh? Miss Eunchae!" Eunchae turned to see Myungsoo jogging towards her. Eunchae bowed and smiled to him. 
 
"How do you like the shoes? I hope they fit you," he smiled.
 
"It's perfect! I love it! Thank you, Oppa!" She bowed again.
 
"Are you busy? Maybe we can have brunch together?" He asked. Eunchae smiled and nodded.
 
*What a coincidence!!*
 
 
They came to a cafe and Myungsoo ordered Iced Tea and a Sandwich while Eunchae ordered Iced Latte and a salad. As they ate, they started talking about each other.
 
"Since you have somehow gained your memory back, tell me a bit about yourself then," he sipped the tea.
 
"Oh. According to my brother, I'm Lee Eunchae. We are neighbours with Woohyun for a long time, since I was in Elementary school." She took a bite of the salad. 
 
"Do you live your parents?" Eunchae shook her head.
 
"Both my parents passed away seven years ago." She sighed.
 
"I'm so sorry.." He looked down while Eunchae just shook her head.
 
"No, it's okay," she smiled. "What about you? Tell me more about yourself, then." 
 
"I'm Kim Myungsoo. I work as an architect, as you can tell. I live alone because my parents move to the States with my sister recently. I really love black and death note, as you can tell." He slipped his hand into his pockets and took out his key with the death note keychain on it. Eunchae gasped on the inside.
 
"I received this from someone during high school. I still keep it until now because I love it so much. I hope to meet the person someday and thank him or her," he smiled while fiddling with it.
 
 "Miss Eunchae..?" Eunchae snapped out of it and smiled at him.
 
"It's nice..." She smiled awkwardly.
 
"Oh, and I really despise liars. I don't see why they should be cowards and lie to people," he looked out and continued sipping his tea.
 
*This time, I'm screwed big time if he finds out that I'm lying.*