Chapter Sixteen

L for Luck, L for Lies

 

Meanwhile..
 
Myungsoo and his friend, Sunggyu was at a bar, drinking.
 
"So in other words, you like her?" He smirked at him with red watery eyes.
 
"I don't know... She's nice and she's just.. I don't know," he ruffled his hair.
 
"Yahh... You should tell her! Once she's taken, that's it!" He patted Myungsoo's back.
(a/n: Ya/야 is 'hey' in Korean)
 
"The problem is, she is already taken..." He sighed heavily.
 
"Ah that's too bad, Myungsoo. That's just your luck.."
 
"Whatever... Let's take you home.." He stood up and paid for the drinks.
 
"Oppa carry me up!" Sunggyu held out his hands. 
 
"Carry yourself, hyung," he rolled his eyes.
 
 
Somewhere in a rice cake stall....
 
"You like her don't you, hyung! That's why you took advantage of the situation!" Sungyeol asked out loud, drinking his Iced Coffee that he bought from across the street.
 
"Yeah yeah," he responded, still in dreamland.
 
"....Smart. I like that... When did it started? Was it when she cried over rice?" he asked while tapping his chin.
 
"No.. Since the moment I met her," he snapped back to reality and took a bite of the steaming rice cake.
 
"Let's go home, I have things to do tomorrow.." He gestured.
 
 
At the park near the bar and the rice cake stall...
 
"And right when I thought I can finally get away from him, he kissed me!! And the embarrassing part was I even got slightly ! Just my luck!" Eunchae yelled, her hands flying everywhere. Jiyoung just sighed.
 
"Your life is so complicated, I'm not sure whether I can sort it out or not," she told her.
 
"You don't need to do anything, just listen," she hissed. "And he can still...." She trailed off until she was stopped by the appearance of Myungsoo, her brother, Woohyun and some drunk dude.
 
"Why are you here?" Myungsoo, Eunchae and Woohyun asked each other in unison.
 
"Oh Myungsoo-ya! Is it herrrr?? Wow she's amazing!" Sunggyu yelled out loud before collapsing. 
 
*Who is this guy.. What is he talking about?*
 
^Weirdos these days...^
 
Myungsoo quickly carried Sunggyu on his back and gave a quick glance to Woohyun before looking away. 
 
"I guess I have to go. See you, Eunchae," he waved. She nodded and waved back. Woohyun hissed at Myungsoo, like cats and dogs. Sungyeol and Jiyoung stood by, looking at the complicated love triangle sending hate to each other.
 
"I'm going home. See you some other time, Jiyoung. You coming, Sungyeol?" She asked. He drank up his drink and threw it away before trailing behind Eunchae. Woohyun stood there, looking at Jiyoung, Sungyeol and Eunchae walking away. He sighed loudly before walking elsewhere.
 
 
The Next Day...
 
Jiyoung called Eunchae early in the morning, disrupting her sleep.
 
"Boss said that if you can think of an interesting article, she would allow you to get back to the team," she said, rushing. Before Eunchae could say anything she hung up.
 
"Ugh... Back to work..." She groaned and put on her huge glasses.